Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should Disney reboot "Indiana Jones"?

Would you go see new Indy movies with a new cast and creative team?

Who would make a good Indy?

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012

sexy andrew garfield!

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

A few years ago I was thinking Hugh Jackman might be good, but I think it's a little late for him to start doing it now.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

This reminds me of the South Park episode where they made fun of the original Star Wars trilogy reboot by having Indiana Jones get raped by George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg Deliverance style.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

NO MORE REBOOTS - get some new ideas.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

I think the Indy franchise still has some messy distribution rights issues for Disney. Yes, they own LucasFilm and all the characters, but there are some legacy distribution deals still in effect with Indiana Jones that complicate the deal for Disney.

And I'm in no hurry to see them reboot this franchise.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

Matt Bomer!!!

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

No, there is only one. Harrison has had so much influence over the character - he didn't just read lines off the page - that it would be a different person without him.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

I'd actually love to see a parallel reboot based on Marion Ravenwood. She was my favorite non-Indy character in the franchise and I think that picking up her adventures after the loss of the tavern (e.g., following in her father's footsteps) would make for a fun story. It'd be a hell of a lot better than Lara Croft, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

Mindy Cohn.

Bindi Irwin

Lindy Chamberlain

Cindy Brady

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

Wasn't Shia LeDouche expected to continue the franchise, but then Indy 4 was so awful and his career imploded so the plans were scrapped?

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

They will probably re-make it and I will never go see it.

The first Indy movie was good. The second one sucked. The third one was just okay. The fourth one totally sucked.

Enough. How fucking stupid are the people doing all these re-makes? No imagination. No balls. No interest in making decent movies. Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

Since "Indy Jones" was produced by Paramount, how could Disney reboot it?

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

The first Indy movie was the only good one. Actually, it was better than good. The second SUCKED out loud, because of that annoying kid and the talentless Kate Capshaw. The third one was good as well, although not like the first one. As for the fourth - Karen Allen was the only redeeming quality. Everything else was awful.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

R12 Lucasfilm owns the rights and Disney just bought them.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

Kellan Lutz - shirtless throughout!

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

They just redid "Red Dawn." Why? Same answer for IJ, unless they can do it far, far better or different.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

[quote]unless they can do it far, far better or different.

Different could be Illinois Jones. How about Ohio Smith?

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

I jacked off to both Harrison and Sean in the third one. I was ten. A daddy fetish was born that fateful day in July.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

No. Only the first movie was good. The rest sucked. Not everything has to be milked into eternity.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

R17, LOL and that's why I love DL. Hey how about a Black "Indiana Jones." At least it WOULD be a little different. Don't we need a new up and coming Black action hero/heroine?

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2012

No, the beauty of the early Indiana Jones movies was the the fact that they were filmed on location.

Disney would do them in front of a green screen and they would be another CGI crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.