Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If Only The Repugs Had a Hispanic Bush . . .

Turns out they do!

George P. Bush, a nephew of former President George W. Bush and son of one-time Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has made a campaign filing in Texas that is required of candidates planning to run for state office, an official said Thursday night.

The younger Bush, a Fort Worth resident, filed a campaign treasurer appointment Wednesday, a requirement for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law, Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, told The Associated Press.

Sorrells said the report does not specify what office Bush might seek, if any, and he had no other details on the filing, which wasn't available online. Bush did not immediately reply to an email seeking comment, and no phone listing for him could be found.

The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices.

Raised in Florida, Bush decided to settle in Texas, home to his uncle and his grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush. He runs a consulting firm and has been active in Republican Party outreach to college students. He's also the co-founder of Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a group that seeks to elect Hispanic candidates.

Ana Navarro, who was the national Hispanic co-chairwoman for John McCain when he ran for president in 2008, tweeted her enthusiasm Thursday.

"Wrote check for my friend, (at)georgepbush newly formed exploratory committee for office in TX. Young, pragmatic, Hispanic, just what GOP needs," Navarro's tweet read.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

Oh good grief.

The Bush family is incorrigible.

Hey Bushes -- "You don't own Texas as a fief!"

GET OFF THE STAGE!

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

It takes more than having having a Spanish name and dark skin to win the Hispanic vote. If they run an Hispanic candidate who tows the GOP party line regarding immigration, education and social issues, they will not win.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

Thank you, R2, as much as I said on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

[quote]tows the GOP party line

R2: it is "toes" not "tows."

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

thank you R4. I did question myself as to what one was correct. It doesn't make sense, when one considers what it means to tow something. But then again, there are lots of rules in English that make little sense.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

R4 and R5, your behavior is an embarrassment to DL. There is no place for civility on this board goddamnit!

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

For all the Manchurian Candidate talk about Obama, this is actually a plausible M.C. scenario... an unfolding of Prescott Bush's 100-year Plan.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

Go fuck yourself, R6!

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

Jesus R8 buy a sense of humor maybe?

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

So that's what happened to that little brown one.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

R9, did you even read what R6 said?

I love him, but standards must be upheld.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

The GOP has a few Latinos in their ranks: Senator Marco Rubio, Senator-Elect Ted Cruz, and that woman who is the Governor of New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

I understand why I have been chided by R6, and appreciate the humor, however, I decided not to be a total bitch to a fellow Dem (who was saying something with which I agree) and go the "oh, dear!" route. I never hesitate to use that on someone who says something idiotic or a Rethug -- ah, but, I repeat myself.

(And, R2, one more little thing, it is "which one was correct," not "what one.")

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

"Toes the line" is a colloquial expression r2, it has nothing to do with grammar.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

If George P. ever wants to run for POTUS someday, his daddy better not run in 2016. No way are voters going to put 4 Bushes in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

George P. Bush is OK-looking, a bit toothy, but I'd be willing to see his Hispanic bush.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

R12, Must repeat myself from other thread, "What am I, chopped liver empanadas?"

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

Since his mother was a Mexican citizen at the time of his birth, does that make him an anchor baby?

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

Yup, R18. Ha!

Whetever, we still ain't voting Repug, never will.

We have hearts and are a compassionate people.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

He's got some fucking skeletons. Harassing exes, vandalizing their homes, drug use, generally being a dick and shoplifting. Plus there's the fact that the Bush family's name is POISONED.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

There is an almost Hispanic Bush, Jeb, he has close ties to Hispanics and is married to a Hispanic woman. I would take bets today that he will be their next presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.