Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rethuglicans! STFU and get in line behind us

Here's what I don't understand: the Democrats WON HANDILY and the President and HIS plans WON HANDILY (over 3 million votes and a MANDATE with the Electoral College).

How, then, can a fucking pussy like John Boner and turtle face Mitch McConnell CONTINUOUSLY on news shows state that "taxes are not going up. Period". Diane Sawyer asked the Oompah Loompah about the top 1%. Boner: "No."

HOW CAN THEY BE THIS ARROGANT??? HOW CAN NEWS JOURNALISTS NOT RESPOND: "Excuse me Mr. Boner, but the American people have spoken. Even if a slim majority, it is the majority. They want Obama's plans".

Obama better go to the tool shed and get his balls. It's time to fight the way Republicans do. TAKE NO PRISONERS.

And let the chips fall where they may. WE WON. I've never seen anything like this in any other country. When the winning side wins, the winning side's policies WIN.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2012

agree OP

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

I couldn't agree more. Even many millionaires/billionaires/Hollywood celebs, etc. have stated: "Raise our taxes. We make enough money." And while he's at it, Obama needs to remove the $110,000 cap on Social Security taxes. The vast majority of us pay SS taxes on 100% of our income, where the wealthy pay only on the first 110K (which for many of them is probably their first paycheck of the year). By doing that, Social Security would be "fixed" instantaneously. It's disgraceful that these kinds of inequities exist.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

OP what they're holding on to is that the President won with a coalition of minorities and only 39% of the white vote. They are going to continue to be obstructionist because their coalition of angry and bitter and uneducated remains solid and demands that they do so.

It will be the President's job and the Democratic Party's job to make sure the American public understands who is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

There is no mistake the voters want compromise and polling shows they want taxes raised on the wealthy. Analysis also shows it will not depress the economy to do so. What the rethugs risk is further alienation of the voters and more losses in 2 years. Boenher is busy tanning, getting the seams in his stockings straight, smoking cigarettes, getting his lipstick and panties right.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

[quote]OP what they're holding on to is that the President won with a coalition of minorities and only 39% of the white vote.

39% of the shriveled white penises, BUT 55% of the vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

R3, I agree that there was a coalition of minority voters (blacks, Latinos, even Asians) who rallied behind President Obama. However, what people are tending to forget is that there are several states with overwhelmingly white populations that carried Obama as well (i.e., Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, to name a few).

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

How cute. OP must of just got out of high school.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

[quote]When the winning side wins, the winning side's policies WIN.

Damn straight!

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

How cute. "Must of" instead of "must have". Did r9 even make it to high school?

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

Obama has just as much of a mandate to raise taxes as Bush did in 2004 to reform social security.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

[quote]OP must [bold]of[/bold] just got out of high school.

Oh, dear! Yes, it looks like someone missed his English classes.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

r3, and r9, you need to be schooled. Look at any gov't in Europe (or the civilized world).

When the Liberals win, the Conservatives get in line. Of course, not every issue, but the consensus is to FOLLOW THE LEAD OF THE ELECTORATE, not completely obstruct EVERY item (including the one that MOST Americans want--raising taxes on the rich).

Did you even read my post before spouting your own ignorance?

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

I meant r7, and r9 in that last post.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

"Uh, no, they don't. Have you never had a government class?"

Oh, I would say that Reagan, and GW Bush & Cheney had a pretty long run with a "winning side's policies win" scenario.

I've also noticed that when Republicans are in the White House, there's a strong attitude on the part of conservatives that "the President can choose who he wants for the Supreme Court because he won the election." Of course, when a Democrat is in the White House, that goes out the window.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

[quote] How cute. OP must of just got out of high school.

And R9 must have never taken an English class.

It's "must have" you blithering idiot, not "must of."

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

This republican party has chosen not to compromise. Hell, they turned what had been a simple administrative measure like raising the debt ceiling into high drama.

I don't expect the republicans in the House to change. However, I do expect Obama without having to worry about another term to man up, get in their faces, and start fucking with them to get them in line. That means start vetoing pork and pet projects and hit them back home where it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

You can also tell OP's youth because he clearly does not remember what is was like to be a Democrat on a certain November night in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2012

Thank you #20. Thanks god the Dems didn't do this in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012

[quote]Obama better go to the tool shed and get his balls. It's time to fight the way Republicans do. TAKE NO PRISONERS.

Nice thoughts but it won't happen. We'll have another year of waiting for the consensus.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2012

Little known fact: Diane Sawyer is a Republican. She WORKED for Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

Obama better not try to work with the dipshit loser Republicans. HE needs to call the shots.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2012

OP is truly ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

BONER said that the fact that they still have their jobs in Congress and the Republicans hold the House that is a mandate by the people that taxes do not go up.

So I guess, we need to send them a clear message come 2014

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

headline in USA Today, Nov. 8:

"5 things Obama must do to please Wall Street"

I love how they like to pretend the election didn't happen. Or what it meant. Wall Street did NOT win the presidency. The people voted AGAINST Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012

Well R27, what we clearly know now is that nearly half of the country is delusional, so we really shouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2012

If the people had rejected Wall St. neither candidate would have received votes.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2012

r28 and the other mind-numbing IDIOTS posting that Obama and the Dems don't have a mandate: WAKE UP.

It's time to focus on what the MAJORITY of the country wants and not your fringe groups.

As another poster said, Obama needs to man up and treat them the way they've treated him.

WE WON. OUR IDEAS PREVAILED. Now let's act on them!

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2012

To the OP, quoting my favorite writer at the NYT, NIcholas Kristoff, for our electoral process to work well, we do NEED a center-right party to hold Obama accountable.

Where I think the GOP needs to fucking STFU is turning off that FoxNews babble and thinking for once. Republicans used to be more centrists, the extreme faction is what ruined things.

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2012

r31, OP here. How did Obama NOT show he wasn't willing to be CENTER minded? I mean how many fucking compromises does the left need to swallow?

WE WON. Our ideas prevailed, and these jerks won't even agree to increase taxes for the top 2%!!!! 98% vs. 2%

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2012

Look, fuck off, R30.

It's math again, yes we won, but yes there millions of Americans who don't agree. It doesn't take away from the victory but it is a fact. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2012

r34, no, actually, you fuck off.

I'm sick of being patient. We already sacrificed what we wanted for health care. It was a HUGE compromise.

Taxes: again HUGE compromises.

And it goes on an on. The Repubs won't even agree to end the tax cuts for the rich?!?! And that's 2% of the population.

So, hon, "yes we won, but yes there millions of Americans who don't agree" LET those millions THIS TIME AROUND NOT get what they want!!

Get it? We compromised even with gay rights.

Get your head out of your ass and man up.

Look at Turtleface and Ooompah Loompah already said. They wouldn't even take the President's call when he called them?!? He's the fucking President!! And their statements speak volumes.

So since they're not willing to even budge an inch and THEY LOST, why can't we for once just THINK REPUBLICAN and not care about their views, opinions, rights, and just get what we want done.

It happens in all kinds of other countries. Spain, France, UK, Australia. When one side has a mandate, the other side must compromise but it must favor the side that actually WON. We won. Mandate-style. It's time for attitude re-adjustment, or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2012

R35, Again, fuck you for having no idea who you're talking to and calling me an idiot based on my post at R28, and continuing your rant at R35 when you have no idea what my position is but can't STFU enough to find out.

I have a feeling your quickness to anger and your lack of reading comprehension skills are linked. You sound just like a freeper who just happens to have different goals. If you calmed the fuck down and composed yourself, you might make a better impression and actually move closer to your goal(s).

by Anonymousreply 3611/09/2012

Gee, R36, too bad you weren't a Jew in Berlin in 1938. I'm sure your good little boy approach would have worked wonders.

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2012

You know nothing about me, R37.

You might want to see a therapist about those anger issues, though, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2012

Right back at you, R36/R38. I merely made a statement. You're the one going around telling people to go fuck themselves, not me.

Physician, heal thyself.

by Anonymousreply 3911/09/2012

r36, you read like a sociopath.

Get some sleep.

People like you get me fired up. I'm sick of waiting and "turning the other cheek".

Think about what moved this election cycle. Racism. Anti-feminism. Homophobia. And, worst of all, RELIGION. And here I thought we were a secular people in regards to how we govern.

People like you who are already holding out the olive branch to a twisted group of small-dicked men amazes me.

Did you read their statements about the Obama win?

I think you may be the Freeper since you are irrational. Wake up man. IT IS OUR TIME.

Why don't you embrace this power? Instead some people will continue to apologize for who they are, and "reach out" to the other side. The other side controlled by a bunch of loons!!

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2012

OP, before you hijack the Granma and try to liberate South Beach, let me explain something to you:

1) There is no WE. There is a group of individuals with diverse ideas who as Democrats will try to govern according to a loose set of ideals. As we witnessed in 2009, we are a diverse body who cannot agree on many things.

2) The beauty of our democracy is that we have a system of checks and balances that even gives the minority party a voice in governing. You would appreciate this if you were not too tweaked out of your mind to remember the year 2005.

3) For all your flailing that the country mandated sweeping changes on Tuesday, you seem to be unable to comprehend that the House of Representatives was delivered into Republican hands.

4) Shut the fuck up already.

by Anonymousreply 4111/09/2012

r41, you are sad. And I'm guessing you resemble the linked image.

There is a WE. It's the Democratic party.

Of course, the minority has a say in our Republic. I never indicated otherwise. My point is that the ideas that are popular with the party that overwhelmingly won the election should take precedence and actually become laws. If the Republicans are unwilling to *budge an inch* (see the recent interviews with the bozos themselves), then why play any games. Do what they did during the "Republican Revolution".

Only a moron would think the Democrats would re-take the House. The Republicans have a very large advantage with numbers. The Senate and the WH are in Democratic hands. Surely the cry-baby can get his people in line for the good of the country.

Lastly, how can I STFU? THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN AN ELECTION HAVE SPOKEN and yet the Republicans (and losers like you)think we should still kiss the ass of those who despise us.

by Anonymousreply 4211/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 4311/09/2012

Holy shit, this person is insane.

by Anonymousreply 4411/09/2012

Let's just hope he's not a day over 18. Or 12.

by Anonymousreply 4511/09/2012

r44, holy shit, you're insane.

Even Obama said the "people have spoken" so the Republicans should allow the Democrats to get it done.

You really appear to be an Uncle Tom: a dutiful, long-suffering servant faithful to his white master or mistress.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2012

Don't confuse the party with votes.

Most people don't belong to a party, most people don't consider themselves aligned with a party in any enduring sense. Most people vote based on who they think will do the most or least damage to their own interests.

There is no we. There is just a Democratic victory. I am glad of it, but this notion that seems to be rooting that this is forever and it's all changed for good is possibly the first step toward failure. Losing is easy. Winning is hard. Governing successfully is harder. It's going to take a lot of hard work to preserve where we're at today. And it should.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!