Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WTF? $300 skin cream on QVC

Thu are saying it's $480 retail

What?? Has anyone true this? (Perricone MD neuropeptide facial cream)

For the price, I better wake up looking like like a hot 25 year old model.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

Sorry about the typos.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

True dat, OP

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

No cream is worth that much money; save your money for Botox and fillers.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

For $300, we'll bring the creaming to your home.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

I used to watch QVC or HSN when I couldn't sleep. And then I saw this one night, and died.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

The woman who is on now puts on some fake British accent. She's like Madonna.

Bitch is American. And Perricone is a crook.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

That was awesome, R5

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

I do know that Chantecaille is worth the outrageous price tag because it numbs your facial muscles. Not sure this MD Perricone has such properties.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

Whenever I go to the post office, there are tons of people returning QVC items (or at least shipping things in QVC boxes).

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

No, OP, I think you end up looking like this handsome gent:

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

For OP:

..We got a kick out of this product’s claim that it “activates surface renewal of the dermis”. The dermis is not part of the skin’s surface, and there’s likely not anything in this hugely expensive moisturizer that impacts the dermis layer of skin, at least not to the extent that any permanent change will occur. Who is writing the marketing claims for this line anyway?

In many ways, this formula is an embarrassment for the company, and a pathetic waste of money for you. There is nothing in this overpriced concoction that is going to whisk away your wrinkles, sagging skin, and other signs of aging. The only thing that is going to “dramatically diminish” is your cosmetics budget.

The low amount of neuropeptides in this product is disappointing, but that really doesn’t matter because even more disappointing is that there is no research proving that topical application of neuropeptides has any benefit for skin. As noted cosmetic surgeon Dr. Arthur Perry commented, “The molecular size of these peptides is likely too large for them to penetrate skin and reach their target cells,” and that’s assuming these peptides can somehow avoid being broken down by naturally occurring enzymes in the skin.

The association between neuropeptides and skin care doesn’t have much logic behind it. Neuropeptides are composed of short-chain amino acids and are perhaps best known as being key components of the human brain (think endorphins, the feel-good chemicals our brains release after exercise or other pleasurable activities). How these neuropeptides go about firming skin and reducing sagging isn’t explained, nor is there any proof they that reduce sun damage; but that didn’t stop Perricone from claiming otherwise and hoping that consumers will take a (very expensive) leap of faith.

As with most of Perricone’s anti-aging products, this moisturizer contains dimethyl MEA. Also known as DMAE, this ingredient is controversial because research has shown conflicting results. It seems to offer an initial benefit that improves skin, but these results are short-lived and eventually give way to destruction of the substances in skin that help build healthy collagen (Sources: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, November-December 2007, pages 711–718; and American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, volume 6, 2005, pages 39–47).

Interestingly, there is a formulation challenge when including DMAE in skin-care products. To maintain the efficacy and stability of DMAE, the product’s pH level must be at least 10. A pH of 10 is highly alkaline, which isn’t good news for skin. Moreover, because almost all moisturizers (including serums and eye creams) are formulated with a pH that closely matches that of human skin (generally 5.5–6.5, which is on the acidic side of the scale), in all likelihood the DMAE included in skin-care products cannot have any prolonged functionality (Source: Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, Supplement 72, 2008, pages S17–S22).

Last, for what Neuropeptide Facial Conformer costs, it is downright depressing that several of the most beneficial ingredients are listed after the preservative, meaning they are barely present and, therefore, barely effective.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

Thanks R12!

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

I prefer a cum facial.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

Stay out of the sun. Don't smoke. Drink lots of water. Drink alcohol and do drugs in extreme moderation. Drug store moisturizer.Take your vitamins. Boom. Fucking fountain of youth.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

R5, you forgot have great genes. And try to arrange having ancestors of Mediterranean descent or be of similar darker complexions.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

Is this stuff any good?

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.