Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah didn't even tweet about the election...

What's up with that bitch?

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2012

The Obamas probably have Gucci flatware at the white house.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

Oprah has been disrespected by Mrs. Obama as discussed in another thread.

Nobody denies access to Oprah. Not even the First Lady.

And Oprah holds a grudge forever.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

She forgave Iyanla

Who did Michele disrespect her?

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

That pig knows better than to sniff around MY truffles.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

Lady O probably made a pass at Michelle and was turned down.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

Her endorsements of Schwarzenegger and Obama cost her dearly. She's still trying to salvage her network, so she might not be willing to alienate any remaining viewers.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

tweeting is very 2010

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

Oprah also is dealing with family drama...her daddy is divorcing her stepmother who is trying to get a lot of $$$ out of's a HOT MESS if y'all haven't sipped that tea.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

Oprah's daddy is worthless. Why would she pay off some woman when he'll turn around and marry someone who's just as bad as this one.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

The "feud" is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

I didn't think about Oprah once during this election. And I don't miss her. I don't think the Obama's miss her either.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

Oprah has much bigger fish to fry.

A damaged reputation, a failing network, a fading star, and general mockery from all fronts.

I wouldn't doubt if Oprah blames Obama for her downfall. But the bottom line is that Oprah is a selfish, self-absorbed egomaniac, and if it isn't all about her, then she doesn't care.

Her appearance at Obama's election in 2008 was good for her because it was good for ratings to see her tearing up at his election.

In 2012, Oprah is in a much different place, and if it isn't good for Oprah, then she doesn't give a shit. That's why she's off the radar in this election.

People are finally starting to see the REAL Oprah Winfrey.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

"The "feud" is nonsense."

I thought so too, at first. But come on, where there's smoke, there's fire. Oprah has been completely absent from the Obama circle for a long time now. And there was no peep from her during the entire campaign. There definitely seems to be an estrangement between her and the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

I never thought I'd see the fall of Oprah. Every night I bet she regrets giving up her talk show.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

Exactly R14, after the way she fawned over them in '08, total silence can only mean a complete falling out.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

Or Oprah is scared that her frau audience gets reminded that she endorsed Barack over Hillary when she mentions him again this time around?

But even then her silence speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

I love that Michelle (allegedly) talked up the delicious White House pies to Oprah and didn't offer a bite. Now that's funny. I can imagine Lady O drooling.

I thought her ratings stunt at the O Network was that she was finally going to marry Stedman?

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

Don't ever cross Oprah, she'll cut ya

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

Who gives a shit? Stevie Wonder still supported Obama, and that's the only celebrity endorsement I care about.

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2012

And don't come begging for an Obama-phone once your network bankrupts you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012

I think R6 is right on the money. MO would be just O's type.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2012

If Oprah hadn't endorsed Obama, millions of fraus would have never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

A lot of Oprah's former talk show audience were probably middle class Republican women. Endorsing Obama this time would have been career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2012

Those of you talking about Oprah's downfall? Please, I only wish I could downfall like that.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

Oprah is off the radar. No one thinks about her. Her magazine and network are struggling that's why she had that stupid favorite things again to draw attention. But no one is paying attention to her. She thought everyone would follow her to her OWN network but it hasn't happened. Media wise, she's done.

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

She could cut her losses on OWN and come crawling back to syndication. But her ratings were already getting pretty low before she left. So I don't think that would put her back on top either, maybe she'd even get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012

Who's Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2012

R20, Stevie Wonder is a homophobe, Barack shouldn't be proud of such endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2012

I want to preface this by saying that I am not an Oprahstan.

R27, that is simply not true. Her ratings had fallen, true, but she still had the #1 talk show and great ratings.

Even if OWN hadn't come along, she was done anyway. She's not going to come back to syndication because she said that 25 seasons was enough and that she felt that there was nothing else she could do with the talk show that she hadn't already done several times. And finally Oprah doesn't own OWN. She may have a piece of it, but OWN is owned by Discovery Networks. Oprah just came in a rebranded one of their channels.

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2012

Actually it's creepier that a DL'er is proud of Stevie's endorsement, Barack probably doesn't know he's a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2012

[quote]Oprah is off the radar. No one thinks about her.

Some of us do think about her - ka-CHING!!

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2012

It's true r30, I heard repeatedly the Judge Judy and even Maury Povich were beating her. When Povich is kicking your ass, you ain't the queen no more.

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2012

Oprah is no doubt an extraordinary woman. She is neither as awful and as down as suggested on this thread, nor as wonderful as she wishes she was or is.

My guess is that she will have more success-

She could use a little humility. Her master class series is terrific; her interviews are awful. When she interviewed Gloria Steinem (in front of a bunch of over-the-top affected finger snapping Barnard students), one of the most articulate and facinating women in the US. she could not shut up about herself and how she reacted to what Gloria did or said. In short- she did not interview Gloria Steinem. When she interviewed Barbra Streisand, another not uninteresting woman- I never saw so much eye rolling. She has gotten too big for her pants literally and figuratively.

She will rise again. Fact is she is as insecure and unsure as anyone. Her weight is proof of that. But she is an incredibly gifted (imperfect) woman. She just cannot own up to the imperfect- needs to look closer at where she has gone wrong. I think she will.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2012

Oprah's problems all stem from her ego. She's an egomaniac. It's all about her, her, her.

Most people have finally figured that out, except for charlie, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2012

[quote]When she interviewed Gloria of the most articulate and facinating women in the US, she could not shut up about herself

I can't stand interviewers who try to inject themselves into the conversation. Radio DJs do this a lot when interviewing a celeb and it's maddening.

DJ: How has your music evolved in the last 3 years since your first ablum came out?

Artist: Well, I got married and had a baby and.....

DJ: {chuckle} OMG. My wife and I had our first baby too. What a big change in lifestyle. We never get any sleep, but it's the best thing ever and....blah, blah, blah, blah.

Ugh, infuriating. I don't care one bit about your mundane life Mr. clueless DJ interviewer. I tuned in to hear what the guest has to say, so just STFU and know you place as nothing more than a mouthpiece. Your job is simple--just read off the good questions the fans tweeted you.

by Anonymousreply 3611/09/2012

Remember when Oprah got depressed and ate a whole casserole dish of macaroni and cheese in one sitting?

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2012

She's embarrassed about her reaction to when Obama first won. Remember that? She acted like he just found the cure for cancer or was the next coming of Christ Almighty.

The only way she can ever make a big splash again is if she comes out of that closet.

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!