Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obama wipes away tears while speaking to staff

The Guardian: UK

Associated Press= WASHINGTON (AP) — In a new video released by his campaign, President Barack Obama wipes away tears as he thanks members of his campaign staff and volunteers.

Obama's campaign released a five-minute video of the president's address Wednesday to members of his staff at his Chicago headquarters. The short speech came a day after he won re-election.

The president talks about his work as a community organizer in Chicago and tells staffers and volunteers that they will do "amazing things" in their lives.

Obama becomes emotional when he says that even before the election results, he felt the work he had done "had come full circle." He tells staff members that he is proud of the work they did, then pauses to wipe away tears.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

How there could have been any question in anyone's mind which candidate was the superior choice is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

OP, I watched this as you were posting...and here's the thread!

I feel sorry for all those people who can't see, aren't open, to how insprational our President is.

He's a truly remarkable and relateable man.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

He was wasting time talking to the underlings when he should have been canceling their credit cards. Why would people vote for a spendthrift like that when they could have had me?

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

Buh bye, R5!

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

Why does this naff bloke need to be so bloody sensitive all the time???

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

Obama is always right there and appropriate...I know he was grateful and emotional but the poor guy was probably exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

My take on this video is that yes the POTUS was very greatful and amazed at the job the campaign staff did and what that meant to him, but I also think this POTUS, in addition to the full plate that any POTUS has to deal with, also likely has to deal with regular death threats from the right wing crazies because he is a black man.

Just look at the things these crazies say right out in the open on their radio shows, television, and the downright complete disrespect shown him regularly by people in the Washington Establishment.

For example, the former Speaker of the House (Newt Gingrich) race-baiting and saying President Obama is the food stamp President. John Sununu questioning the President's intelligence. Donald Trump and others claiming the POTUS is not even an American. Or Sean Hannity and so many others calling him a racist against White Americans when he was in fact raised by his own White Mother and White Grandparents!

Or on election night when the POTUS called Boehner and Mitch McConnell to reach out to them by calling them personally only to get on both phone calls that both men were sleep for the night! He's the f_cking POTUS. You always take a POTUS phone call! Then the beltway media will turn around and likely either NOT report this little episode at all or barely mention it. Then if the budget talks fail, the SOB's in the media will claim that the POTUS has failed to reach out to the GOP!

Relentless shit like this garbage is enough to have you emotionally upset daily! I don't know how the POTUS handles this garbage?

I think it's the culmination of all of this plus the sheer joy of winning re-election after a whole lot of hard work.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

Every big time politician is a faker.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

This was a great talk by the President!

No one can fake those tears baby!

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

r11, i'm sure there is some truth to that but he obama works his ass off and i think he truly does care. look at this letter, obama wrote it to a girl being bullied over her gay dads. and don't say that messiah horseshit, the only people who ever called him the messiah were some shitty rightwingers

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

guess who rightwingers did call the one though

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

The staff were probably all balling in front of him too by the end of the speech. That kind of emotion is contagious.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

Cue Ann Coulter questioning Obama's manhood.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2012

They are ALL actors, people. Datalounge should know this more than most. Just look at our celebrity analysis.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012

He was crying the day before the election too addressing supporters. Barack Obama-Bohner?

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012

Correct R13! Only a right-winger uses that phrase in reference to the President!

I guess the righties are trolling the boards again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2012

If you know a little bit of Obama's biography you'd know this is for real. He sounds like a father talking about his children. He sounds like a proud Papa.

I'm so glad I'm living through this presidency. It's one for the history books.

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2012

To varying degrees, R11, that's true.

The issue of where that line is in every politician is what voters are supposed to figure out. That's our job. If you don't want to do that job then you shouldn't vote.

I'm in my fifties. I've seen quite a few American presidents. Each of them had skills and this one's pretty good. He's good at being the President publicly and he's good at the mechanics of the presidency itself. We don't always get both, or either for that matter.

And he is STILL No Drama Obama, for which he deserves the thanks of a grateful nation.

by Anonymousreply 2111/08/2012

Ok, and reality check-- he's got to be SUPER tired! Hurricane Sandy, round the clock campaigning, the fiscal cliff -- I'd be crying too!

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2012

[quote]The staff were probably all balling in front of him too[/quote]

I knew you faggots were sex-crazed perverts.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

don't click on r24s link it's a video called liters of pus pour out of guys back.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

Eewww what the fuck r24???

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

He gets emotional starting at the 3:15 mark.

His campaign staffers is a bunch of brilliant young people who gave up months or even years of their school or career for Obama -- he is rightfully proud and grateful.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!