Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What do you think they're going to do in Washington about the Fiscal Cliff?

I think they'll just extend the Bush tax cuts until March 2013 and make the next Congress figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

Fiscal Cliff is my new drag king name.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

SLAP THEIR FACES!!! SLAP THEIR FACES VICIOUSLY!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

Piers Morgan had Tim Pawlenty on tonight talking about what to expect when congress is back in session. Pawlenty was talking about raising revenue by reworking deductions, etc. Morgan said something about what's the difference between raising rates and removing deductions. Pawlenty wasn't having any talk about raising rates. I had to get back to the kitchen, so I don't know how it ended.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

Obama said he'd veto any bill that didn't include a tax hike for the rich. The House will give in. They're up for reelection in 2 years and won't want to explain to their constituents why they cut their favorite programs and deductions.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

[quote]Obama said he'd veto any bill that didn't include a tax hike for the rich. The House will give in.

I've heard it explained that officially since the Bush tax cuts were temporary, if the House agrees to raise the rates a bit that's NOT raising taxes, that's just not fully renewing the temporary tax cuts. Their promise to not raise taxes is still in tact.

I know, it makes your head hurt reading that, but it's real thru the looking glass stuff we're dealing with here.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

Boehner has already said tax increases for the rich are off the table. Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

Obama will call his bluff. Unlike the House, he won't be up for reelection again.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

The term "fiscal cliff" is a Republican/Fox News creation. Using different language is important. Otherwise, you're just carrying water for Rove, Ailes, et al.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

indeed, what a bunch of semantic bullshite.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.