and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OOPS! Trump on Macy's Christmas Ad.

Won't be shopping at Macy's.

Sorry, no link, but FYI!

by Anonymousreply 5411/15/2012

I agree I think I'll cancel my Macy's card

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

It'd be hilarious if there was a full-scale Macy's boycott. You know people who vote Republican don't shop there because there's no 'mart' in the title.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

Nearly 400,000 People Call On Macy’s To Dump Donald Trump

By Judd Legum on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm

A grassroots campaign for Macy’s to end their association with Donald Trump has caught fire. Nearly 400,000 people have added their name to a petition on Signon.org for Macy’s, which exclusively sells Trump’s clothing line and fragrance, to dump the controversial businessman.

Trump gained prominence during the 2012 election for relentlessly promoting the discredited conspiracy theory that Obama was not born in the United States. He vocally maintains that Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery.

On Tuesday, Trump tweeted that the election results were “a travesty, a total sham, a disgusting injustice” and “urged Americans to march on Washington.” He claims global warming is “a concept created by and for the Chinese to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” Trump also promotes dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines.

Macy’s touts themselves as a “socially responsible” company. Nevertheless, they have continued to embrace their relationship with Trump and will prominently feature him in its holiday Television ads.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

I'd be embarrassed to wear anything with his name on it.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

I signed. I hope this works. Send this to everyone you know who had a shred of decency unless Trump.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Why not employ him as a piñata-float for the annual Macy's parade? It would guarantee turnout.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

Boycott Macy's until the fire this partisan racist birther tea partier.

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

signed.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

Hey hens?

Trump has been doing Macy's ads and part of their product line for fucking YEARS.

My hate for the man has no bounds, but this is hardly new. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he's seen as somewhat of a New York institution, so he's not going anywhere.

Do most of you live under rocks in the Midwest? If not, why is this news to you?

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

Shouldn't this be a no-brainer for Macy's?

The guy is a self-confessed BIRTHER!

Are they not tolerating racism by keeping him?

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

R9 I agree, he's been selling his crazy and shilling for Macy's for years, why get offended now?

Who shops at Macy's anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

You're SO right, R9.

We should never protest anything or speak up or out about anything because, OMFG, we might totally FAIL!

[Now, why don't you just go sit your mealy/mushmouthed self down?]

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

In case you haven't noticed, there's been a shift in this country recently.

Maybe he's been shilling and shrieking for years, but it's no longer going to be tolerated.

And we are going to force him to wear a weave.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

Because since the election (remember that? 6 days ago?) he has called the results invalid and called for rebellion. And he has stepped up the birtherism in the last 12 months.

Who are you tools defending this cretin? Log cabinettes?

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

Just because New Yorkers have (inexplicably) tolerated him for years, that's no reason the rest of us should.

He decided this year that he wanted to have a national voice, so he deserves national pushback.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

[quote]We've had slavery for fucking YEARS. My hate for slavery has no bounds, but this is hardly new. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, it's seen as somewhat of a Southern institution, so it's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

I just signed.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

Out here in the Midwest, Macy's doesn't use Trump, doubtless because they are aware of his little image problem. So why is it taking NYC so long to come around on this?

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

R9 is the biggest moron on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

I signed and told them I would boycott MACY'S until they got rid of him.

What kind of person would buy a Trump fragrance? Ewwwwwww...

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

Co-signed, R19.

R9, Joe Paterno was also once an institution - things change.

Trump was always an obnoxious loudmouth, but an innocuous obnoxious loud mouth. He then became an obnoxious loudmouth of the teabagger/birther variety and Romney sought his endorsement/attended fundraisers held by Trump - things change.

And what's with the knock on the Midwest?

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

[quote] What kind of person would buy a Trump fragrance?

What would it smell like? Old Man Saliva?

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

Macy's is shit and ruined Marshall Field's. So this seems as good a reason as any to boycott them. Plus Trump is a douche and American embarrassment. I signed.

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

I live in a small town and it's either Kohl's, Macy's or Target. Shoot.

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

I tried Trumps fragrance and within seconds every barely legal girl of Eastern European descent within a mile radius of me ran away screaming.

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012

[quote]What kind of person would buy a Trump fragrance?

[quote]What would it smell like?

flop sweat

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

Trump's*

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2012

R23, the Macy's that replaced my beloved Foley's at my local mall is absolute shit too. It's like a fucking bomb hit it. It can't compare to Dillard's (much less, of course, Nordstrom's). I go there as an absolute last resort.

A couple years ago, I was so utterly shocked by Macy's crappiness, that I did some online research. I found an industry article detailing how poorly they were doing and how, as a result, they chose to put minimal stock on the floor.

I can't imagine that Donald Dump is really such a great marketing advantage to them.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

Signed last week.

by Anonymousreply 2911/12/2012

What is the demographic of a Macy's shopper? The only time I've been there recently was when I was shopping for dress shoes, and their men's dress shoes were all of the cheap, rubber soled kind. The store also smelled like they just fumigated it with perfume.

by Anonymousreply 3011/12/2012

"OOPS!"

Are you 75 years old OP?

by Anonymousreply 3111/12/2012

signed

by Anonymousreply 3211/12/2012

also signed it

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2012

This is the only way to go after him; hit him in the pocket.

Your signature will mean something. Please send it to friends/family.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

He needs to start a line of toupées for men (sort of a counterpart to Eva Gabor wigs).

by Anonymousreply 3511/12/2012

Macy's is shit pretty much everywhere outside the Northeast and parts of Florida. They took over a lot of well known department stores throughout the country and there are people still pissed off about that, and rightfully so. Be that as it may, I look at the Macy's consolidation as a product of the times. Sears and Kmart didn't merge together for synergy, they did it out of desperation and a fight for relevance.

I don't shop at Macy's anyhow, so I'm in effect boycotting it already.

by Anonymousreply 3611/12/2012

R30, here's a demographic link breakdown below. I'm no expert on this stuff so I don't know how reputable a report it is. It says "not quantified - data is estimated."

by Anonymousreply 3711/12/2012

Interesting May 2012 article:

[quote]Macy's Inc. said during its annual shareholders meeting that it plans to target Millenial shoppers in the 13-to-30 age bracket, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports. Those young people spend about $65 billion a year on apparel, the newspaper reports. Macy's wants to capture them as they hit life milestones like marriage, home buying and having children, the newspaper reports.

Link:

by Anonymousreply 3811/12/2012

The rest of the country accepted Trump as the epitome of the loud mouth New Yorker, but when he started bullying women and especially when he chose to become a political figure he devolved into Rush Limbaugh territory. I can't believe he wasn't dropped immediately after his pestering of the president on birther charges coincided with Obama's assassination of Osama bin Laden. If there was ever a clear example of the trivial vs the heroic this was it.

by Anonymousreply 3911/12/2012

If Trump wants to be a political figure then he should be treated as one. Macys should want to avoid any form of partisanship and discontinue their relationship. Controversial political figures are not not good sponsors for companies.

by Anonymousreply 4011/12/2012

The first time I saw a Macy's commercial with Donald Trump in it I knew it wasn't a store for me. I have zero desire for his fashion sense.

I'll continue to not shop at Macy's like I always have.

by Anonymousreply 4111/12/2012

Are they shooting a new Celebrity Apprentice? NBC needs to fire his racist ass.

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2012

Martha Stewart is in the same Macy's commercial. They hate each other.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

Martha Stewart is a good liberal, supports Democrats and marriage equality. But she doesn't shove her views down people's throats or tweet incendiary rhetoric. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2012

I hate to say this but every once in awhile I slum Macy's and I see this really sharp tie and I turn it over and it says Donald Trump. I'm proud to say I then don't buy it. Not even on sale. I couldn't even cut the label off at home and wear something associated with that dink.

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2012

Bump for idiots who don't know how to search

by Anonymousreply 4611/13/2012

As long as Trump refrains from using the n word in public, all his profitable business ventures are safe. Networks only care about ratings and retail only cares about profit. When Trump fail to deliver either of those, he will be history. By not shopping at Macy's you can do a small part to harm their profit. However, there is nothing you can do to harm tv ratings unless you are a Nielsen family which I seriously doubt.

by Anonymousreply 4711/13/2012

R48, you would never understand so just move on.

by Anonymousreply 4911/13/2012

[quote]How is demanding that Macy's fire Trump different from One Million Moms demanding that JC Penney's fire Ellen?

It's not. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 5011/13/2012

R48, let's start with the attribute that 40,000 cunts objected to was Ellen's sexual orientation, not hateful and treasonous commentary.

by Anonymousreply 5111/13/2012

sign it

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 5311/15/2012

I was in Macys and saw a Trump display. I recoiled in horror. I wonder how many others had the same reaction. I'll still shop there but I'm glad they got 600,000 signatures on that petition. Maybe they'll change their mind.

by Anonymousreply 5411/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.