Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just found it creepy the way Mitt's adult children and their spouses were so often at the forefront through the campaign.

Why were they constantly trotted out? They looked like they were just following the wallet unabashedly. And Tagg. What's up with him?

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

Tagg is always asking me to wax his back. I tell him that I'll hide his genetic shame when he stakes both that superfluous 'g' and his mother.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

They are the living image of 18th century white males.

An unsullied gene pool.

The perfect advertisement for Mitt and Republican ideals.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

Because, as Mormons, they thought they were projecting normalcy that way.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

Latter-day Saints prize families and make them the priority after God. Families tend to be close-knit because LDS teaches an us against them mentality and still view themselves as martyrs because of Joseph Smith's murder, their explosion from several states, and banning of polygamy. It's a very cultish, cliquish religion, and this way of thinking is prominently on display when you look at familial dynamics.

I think the Romneys are very close indeed, and that's part of the reason why sons and families were always close at hand. Other part is that an attractive, vibrant family is viewed as an asset by politicians, supporters, and talking heads. Pretty daughters and handsome sons and their spouses are prominently featured. Think about how people talked about the Gore daughters and who often they were photographed.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

I hate, hate, hate autocorrect! Explosion should be expulsion. That is kinda funny though.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

I know my gay brethren found some of the sons hot, but to me they were the epitome of pampered, suburban khaki-clad dullness.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

Do any of Shitt's sons, or their wives, actually WORK?

I guess since those vapid sons were on the Rombot Gravy Train their entire lives, none actually work at all. They must be corporate figureheads, just like Shitt.

They must 'go into work' once a month, make an appearance, fire a few people (or the entire company), move on to their next takeover, rinse and repeat. What an empty life.

They certainly don't look as if they enjoy all that money.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

"Family values," OP. It was always just one big, happy photo op for the party's base.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

I think Ann diluted the gene pool. Mitt was very pretty when he was young BUT none of the boys rose to his level.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

They all went back to being Mormon Stepford people after they lost the election.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.