Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney cancelled campaign credit cards right after conceding

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

by wow...just wowreply 5711/20/2012

He wants to make sure that as much of the remaining cash as possible remains in his pockets.

by wow...just wowreply 111/08/2012

Stay classy, Mitt.

by wow...just wowreply 211/08/2012

So glad this counter-human didn't get elected.

by wow...just wowreply 311/08/2012

So he stiffed employees, vendors, landlords and others who were providing goods and services and had not yet been paid?

That's how the rich keep their money. Typical.

by wow...just wowreply 411/08/2012

From the link:

"Romney was stoic - thanking the team for their hard work and telling them he did not plan to disappear. (Aides to Romney said they were optimistic he would be receptive to a sincere offer from the president to work together)."

In his dreams! No way will Obama reach out to this Bozo. Romney is done. Stick a fork in him.

by wow...just wowreply 511/08/2012

Thanks for all that you've done, now walk home.

by wow...just wowreply 611/08/2012

IF Obama ever considered ANY type of meeting with Mitt Romney, I would lose so much respect for our President.

It WAS A MANDATE.

Republicans: shut the fuck up and get in line and on board!

by wow...just wowreply 711/08/2012

And they wonder why they lose elections

by wow...just wowreply 811/08/2012

All that should be left to the vanquished is their eyes for crying.

by wow...just wowreply 911/08/2012

I almost think that was the only wise thing for any candidate to do. Think how much abuse could be done by those ringing up their cards one last time on the campaign's nickel.

Of course it's also proof that Romney is a soulless, corporate vampire.

by wow...just wowreply 1011/08/2012

From Twitter: "You've been Bain'd!"

by wow...just wowreply 1111/08/2012

What a cheap fuck. A lot of his campaign workers had to buy their own plane tickets home.

by wow...just wowreply 1211/09/2012

Release the hounds.

by wow...just wowreply 1311/09/2012

HA! I had the same thought, R13

by wow...just wowreply 1411/09/2012

R12, self-sufficiency! No handouts! Isn't that what the dumb fucks signed up for? Let them find their own way home.

by wow...just wowreply 1511/09/2012

[quote]A lot of his campaign workers had to buy their own plane tickets home.

They should consider themselves lucky they didn't have to ride home strapped to the roof of the car!

by wow...just wowreply 1611/09/2012

The Prez said he plans to meet with Romney, or at least make a sincere offer to do so.

by wow...just wowreply 1711/09/2012

I don't want the President to meet with Romney.

by wow...just wowreply 1811/09/2012

HA! Serves those muthafuckers right. Enjoy your one way trip to the gutter, nasty Repigs!

by wow...just wowreply 1911/09/2012

I agree, r18. We all know how Romney made his money. There must be other titans of industry who the President can call on for advice. Hell, let Bill Clinton do it. He knows how to talk to these people and gets them to pony up big time for his Global Initiative. He would be perfect for the job.

by wow...just wowreply 2011/09/2012

So what is Romney's position in the party now? Does he have a seat?

Will he rerun do you think?

by wow...just wowreply 2111/09/2012

I know it sounds really bitchy to cancel your staffers' cards, but I never really thought about it before and wonder how other failed candidates handled stuff like that?

by wow...just wowreply 2211/09/2012

Anne Romney was very rude with the hotel staff

by wow...just wowreply 2311/09/2012

[quote] So what is Romney's position in the party now? Does he have a seat? Will he rerun do you think?

He has NO position, and he most definitely won't run again.

Once you are nominated by your party, either Republican or Democratic, you get ONE SHOT to win.

If you are nominated and you lose, then tough luck. You are branded a loser, and the next up-and-comer gets a shot at being President.

The loser either fades into obscurity (Mondale, Dole, Dukakis), or continues to serve as a Senator or Representative, like John McCain or Paul Ryan.

If you become President, you serve a four-year term, and you get one more chance to serve another four-year term. If you lose, then you become a "one term President," and they are usually branded as a "loser," because they failed to win a second term.

If you win a second term, then you go down in history as two-term President, which is usually held in high regard. Although in the case of George W. Bush, his disastrous Presidency is generally thought of as a MAJOR failure - even though he served as President for 8 years.

Obama has now won a second term, and if he does what he did in his first term, he'll probably be regarded as a very good President.

However, Republicans will do whatever they can to tarnish his reputation, as they did with Bill Clinton. Between his impeachment proceedings and Monica Lewinsky, Clinton's second term was a nightmare.

Republicans will try to do the same to Obama, but if he can keep his dick in his pants, and avoid any major international conflict, and keep us from going over the "fiscal cliff," then he will end on a high note.

by wow...just wowreply 2411/09/2012

I'm sick of YOU PEOPLE!

You're all a bunch of losers, and you're all cut off. Now get out of here, before I have all of YOU PEOPLE arrested!

by wow...just wowreply 2511/09/2012

Thank you, r24, that was a very helpful reply and i appreciate it.

by wow...just wowreply 2611/09/2012

"I don't want the President to meet with Romney"

Indeed.

Why should a WINNER care about a LOSER!!!!!

by wow...just wowreply 2711/09/2012

R22, it's been a while since I've worked on a campaign, but we all got together a final time to eat or at least lift a few together and reminisce. It's an emotional time because it's hard to say goodby to people with whom you've worked that closely and intensely. When it comes to those you've bonded with, it's like condensing years of friendship into a few months. Others of course all of you hope you never see again but they know it and usually clear out fast.

If there was anything we needed to turn in, we could do it then if we were leaving town or weren't going to be available. I did that once because I had to leave as soon as it was over. I didn't like the candidate much by then and I wanted to be done with him. Usually headquarters is open for a while after the election to sort things out and at some point everyone wanders in to finish up and turn in anything they've got. It's all pretty informal because everyone is decompressing. There's always stuff that needs to be organized because the end of a campaign is major chaos.

I don't remember anyone ever asking for anything to be returned the night of the election. Romney effectively told them he thought they might steal from him if they had a chance. It was a major faux pas and a deliberate insult, something that would be remembered if he ever wanted to campaign again. You don't treat people like that after they've worked their butts off for you, it's simply not done. Anyway, if anyone was going to steal they would have done it by then. The whole thing speaks loudly to Romney's lack of character.

Sorry this was long-winded but I didn't know how to shorten it and have it make sense.

by wow...just wowreply 2811/09/2012

No wonder GOD didn't want Mitt to become the next President.

by wow...just wowreply 2911/09/2012

Thanks, R28.

by wow...just wowreply 3011/09/2012

R24 Don't forget Richard Nixon. Had his shot in 1960. Loser.

Was rehabilitated 8 years later. Won two terms. Didn't really get to enjoy them.

by wow...just wowreply 3111/09/2012

Considering credit cards have limits, anyway, it was cheap and tacky, particularly for someone who can afford it ten times over. It's things like this that should clue people into his 'character' (or lack of), but it won't.

by wow...just wowreply 3211/09/2012

[quote] Once you are nominated by your party, either Republican or Democratic, you get ONE SHOT to win.

That didn't stop Richard Nixon

by wow...just wowreply 3411/09/2012

Things were different in 1960. Boy were they different.

by wow...just wowreply 3511/09/2012

You can never trust the help. We had a chauffeur that was always stealing canned salmon from the pantry.

by wow...just wowreply 3611/09/2012

I counted 6 cans last night

by wow...just wowreply 3711/09/2012

by wow...just wowreply 3811/09/2012

Maybe they wanted to make sure people didn't rack up a bunch of stuff before the could get those cards back.

We are talking Republicans here.

by wow...just wowreply 3911/09/2012

Romney's an evil ass but I hardly think he would be micromanaging his campaign (or its end) at this level.

by wow...just wowreply 4011/09/2012

Well, I imagine they were all little Ayn Rand fans, so not accepting or expecting handouts is working out very well for them.

by wow...just wowreply 4211/09/2012

[quote]Once you are nominated by your party, either Republican or Democratic, you get ONE SHOT to win.

Ahem! Remember me?

by wow...just wowreply 4311/09/2012

And ME!!

by wow...just wowreply 4411/09/2012

And me!

by wow...just wowreply 4511/09/2012

And me!

by wow...just wowreply 4611/09/2012

I got 3 chances!

by wow...just wowreply 4711/09/2012

R15 is right. Those assholes wanted no handouts so let the sniveling fuckers find their own way home.

Serves them right.

by wow...just wowreply 4811/09/2012

What a peace of shit was a undecided votter that GOD i voted 4 oboma

by wow...just wowreply 4911/11/2012

Those who lay down with dogs ... wake up and have to pay for their trip back home out of their own pockets.

THE CRATE ON THE TOP IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU! Bad minion, bad!

by wow...just wowreply 5011/11/2012

Your work for a piece of fuck, you get fucked.

Just remember: Mitt's too selfish to wear a condom, so you get what's in his dick: diseased fuck.

Have a nice life!

by wow...just wowreply 5111/11/2012

Couldn't they get a loan from their parents?

by wow...just wowreply 5211/17/2012

You forgot ME!!

by wow...just wowreply 5311/20/2012

Mondale ran twice.

Dole ran about five times.

by wow...just wowreply 5411/20/2012

There has not been a successful run for re-nomination by either a Democrat or a Republican since Nixon in 1968.

So, in the last 40 years, for the two major parties, it has been one shot at the top of the ticket to win the Presidency and if you don't make it you are done.

As has been pointed out, there were a quite a few repeat candidates in the first 150 years of the country's history.

And to those listed above, I would add Grover Cleveland, who ran and won in 1884, lost in 1888, and reclaimed the White House in 1892.

Henry Clay, who ran twice for the White House, did so once as a Democrat and once as a Whig, so that is not exactly the same.

Bottom line: Romney is done. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of him ever getting the nomination at this point.

by wow...just wowreply 5511/20/2012

[quote]Romney's an evil ass but I hardly think he would be micromanaging his campaign (or its end) at this level.

Oh yes he would. When he was in charge of Dade International, he fined people who were late for meetings. When he ran the Salt Lake Olympics, he demanded officials traveling around the world to stay in cheaper (Marriott) hotels.

You have no idea what kind of manager Mitt Romney is.

by wow...just wowreply 5611/20/2012

He was of course on the board of Marriott at the time but nobody accused him of profiteering.

by wow...just wowreply 5711/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.