Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This Shit Again: Twilight Fans Camp Out 5 Days Before Hollywood Premiere

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Dozens of excited "Twilight" fans set up tents in Los Angeles on Thursday ahead of next week's world premiere of the last film in the vampire romance franchise.

Some 2,200 people from all over the world have registered to camp on a concrete plaza outside a downtown Los Angeles movie theater, movie studio Summit Entertainment said.

The fans - most of them young women - will get guaranteed spots to see stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner walk the red carpet for the November 12 premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2."

Summit has laid on special activities during the five day wait, including a marathon screening of the four other films in the blockbuster franchise, surprise appearances from some cast members, and a "Twilight"-themed workout.

"We figured it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for some of us. This is the last movie. We're never going to get to do it again and we wanted to hang out with some of our friends for the last one," Bri-Anne Glover told Reuters Television as she settled in at the camp on Thursday.

"I love 'Breaking Dawn' because that's kind of where I am in my life. I've got the husband, I've got my children, and we're getting on with our lives and having a happy life and the same with Edward and Jacob and Bella," said fan Eryka Bradford.

The "Twilight" books by author Stephenie Meyer have been a publishing sensation and the four movies have made more than $2.5 billion combined at box offices worldwide.

The final film sees the bliss of newlyweds Bella (Stewart) and Edward (Pattinson) and their daughter threatened by an ancient vampire coven.

"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" opens in several European countries on November 14 and arrives in U.S. movie theaters on November 16.

by Anonymousreply 6811/15/2012

Get a firing squad and shoot. Seriously I'm sick of these moronic people who camp outside for any film, tv show, singer etc. GET A FUCKING LIFE. When I was a kid I never would have camped outside for anything, and my parents certainly wouldn't have allowed it either. Any parents allowing this are awful parents. These kids and their parents shouldn't be allowed to vote if they're this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

[quote]"I love 'Breaking Dawn' because that's kind of where I am in my life. I've got the husband, I've got my children, and we're getting on with our lives and having a happy life and the same with Edward and Jacob and Bella," said fan Eryka Bradford.

I don't think these are kids, R1. The woman who camped out for the Twilight panel at Comic Con and got run over by a car and died, was in her 50's.

Last year there were pictures of women showing up in WEDDING DRESSES.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

R2 then even worse lol. Seriously I wouldn't care if they died. Useless people worrying about idiotic things. There are people camped outside who are homeless and then we have these fools for a fucking movie?

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

Jesus Christ Himself could be coming back to Earth and I wouldn't camp out for it. People who camp out for a movie, concert, iphone etc. are fucking pathetic.

And the fucktard Twilight fans give new meaning to 'pathetic.' Have you seen the pics of these losers camping out? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

"Seriously I'm sick of these moronic people who camp outside for any film, tv show, singer etc. GET A FUCKING LIFE."

Oh please, they're having fun. Yes, "Twilight" sucks, but this is an excuse to take a break from real life and just hang out with friends.

So I can see the appeal of spending a few days camping out with a common-interest group. What I can't see is being so public about liking something as GODAWFUL as "Twilight". How embarassing for them.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

This is the last 'Twilight' film, thank god. The shitty franchise is almost over, and with it will be the careers of its' shitty stars. It seems like this franchise has been going on much longer than it actually has.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

It's not just them that camp out. It's the Apple campers too and the tech campers. Yuck.

Then there's the Comic Con people, and Anime freaks and the Star Trek freaks.

NONE of them are normal.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

Where do these people shower? Go to the bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

What a bunch of maroons.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

They're just getting harrassed because they are females enjoying a movie made primarily for their enjoyment. If it were guys getting excited about a comic book movie or some stupid football game everyone would say it was just good fun.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

This thread is useless without pictures!

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

I just can't understand how people can be seduced by a marketing scheme for a movie that is so incredibly awful. The only reason I could sit through just one Twi-nightmare is because I wanted to escape the heat, and both the movie and the better than expected popcorn were free. I kept hoping it would get better; it didn't. Shocking that the one I saw was supposed to be the best of the series.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

Maybe I am projecting, but where I am living it's fucking cold outside. As much as I admire Taylor Lautner's abs I wouldn't risk freezing my nipples off for catching them early on the big screen (hell, I watched all previously released Twilight movies - my guilty pleasure - when they were available on DVD/Blue Ray at home and alone).

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

Pictures from last year's camp out.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

The UK Twilight premiere is the day after the premiere of a British kiddie Christmas movie starring one of the Doctor Who stars (same cinema). I've seen a bunch of Twilight fans bitching about it, because they're worried Leicester Square will be overrun with Doctor Who fans that night and disrupt their queuing. Why? I walk through Leicester Square most weekdays and I never see people start to line up for a premiere until a few hours ahead of time. Why on earth is there a need to start to queue several days ahead of time?

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

No wonder DL has been slow - that's where everyone is.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

Most of these people are older fat women with very very sad lives.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

Good, I hope my classes are empty today.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

I'm with r1. Send in SWAT with a 'shoot upon sight' order.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

Has any DLer in LA seen this scene with their own eyes?

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2012

Great, now every two hours of every day I am going to get soaked in female panty cream.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012

Dear lord, those fucking tents.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2012

"and a "Twilight"-themed workout.." Judging by the fact that most of these lovely ladies are heavily overweight, I'd love to know what the workout is.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

One of Kristen's fans. Do you think she's there this year?

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2012

I can't believe DL missed this:

[quote]Summit has laid on special activities during the five day wait, including a marathon screening of the four other films in the blockbuster franchise, surprise appearances from some cast members, and [bold]a "Twilight"-themed workout.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

I didn't know dykes were into Twilight.

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

If only these idiots would give their time for something good like the Occupy movement could have been.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012

They're probably Republicans, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2012

Now R15 has made me want to be in Leicester Square!

Sci-Fi nerds all hate "Twilight", and despise the Twitards as overgrown fangurls. If they do indeed form their own campout, the stage will be set for a massive nerds-vs-fangirls bitchfight, which I'd love to see.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

[quote]"My brother says I need to see a shrink," said the 29-year-old, who wore tiny Union Jack flags in her hair like antennae. "This is the last one, so I said, `Let's do it in style.'"

[quote]Bri-Anne Glover and Stephanie Dodson, who work together at a coin-collecting shop in Florida, also spent a year planning their "Twilight" camp out. Both of them moms, they left their kids with their husbands, closed their store for a week and headed to Southern California. "We're never going to have this opportunity again," Glover said. "This is truly the most exciting experience that I've had."

[quote]Wendi Reynolds of Philadelphia was thrilled when she won the chance to participate in the "Twilight" fan camp. The 48-year-old bought a tent, got tips from other fans who'd camped out before and made the trip solo. "I'm doing something that I really, really love," she said as she put together a scrapbook of pictures and memorabilia from past "Twilight" conventions. "This is the last premiere and I've always wanted to come, so I am soaking it up."

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

If you look towards the front of the line, you'll see that Mitt and Ann are there with Paul Ryan and his wife, all of whom suddenly have free time. The Romneys have had the life sucked out of them, so a vampire movie seemed fitting. Paul Ryan just wants to see the movie's werewolves so he can rationalize keeping that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

England's shame. Camping out for the Kardashians????

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2012

Question is whether all the drama between Kristen and Robert P. will help increase audience interest in this latest Twilight release.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012

I have the funniest visual of the Twilight actors going out to meet these crazy fans, and all of them turning into Cousin Sebastian from Suddenly Last Summer.

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2012

When I was young I knew a couple of people who camped out early to get Bowie tickets. Nobody was older than nineteen and it was mostly an excuse to party. At worst, they'd miss classes that day or call in sick to their job at Orange Julius. This just reads like the saddest excuse for a midlife crisis, ever.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2012

I've noticed that any woman who is beautiful has a problem with Stewart on the silver screen. Most fans of her and the series usually have a mishappened jaw or chin area and are happy to see their flaws represented as "normal" and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2012

[quote]They're just getting harrassed because they are females enjoying a movie made primarily for their enjoyment. If it were guys getting excited about a comic book movie or some stupid football game everyone would say it was just good fun.

Generalize much?

I think anyone who gets obsessive about any event is annoying. I live in a big sports town, and nothing bugs me more than watching dumb-assed frat boys and pot-bellied rednecks, shirtless in cold weather. paint themselves in team colors, mugging for the cameras, and generally looking like retards.

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2012

Don't they know that it's going to be playing more than one day?

by Anonymousreply 3811/10/2012

[quote]I've noticed that any woman who is beautiful has a problem with Stewart on the silver screen. Most fans of her and the series usually have a mishappened jaw or chin area and are happy to see their flaws represented as "normal" and attractive.

Plain women seem to love her because she gives them hope that with the right haircut and makeup they too can be 'pretty'. Kind of like Jennifer Aniston. And both have the same outsized jaw/chin.

I truly can't remember another phenomenon that so entranced middle aged women. I can only imagine what their husbands, stuck watching the house and kids for 5 days so their wives can camp out for a tween movie, must think.

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

" I can only imagine what their husbands, stuck watching the house and kids for 5 days so their wives can camp out for a tween movie, must think."

If they had any sense, they'd reflect on the fact that no woman with a fulfilling sex life would get fixated on Edward Cullen.

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

I was hoping that Kristen's "affair" would damage the success of this film.

by Anonymousreply 4111/12/2012

I would love this movie to be a surprise flop but I doubt that will happen.

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2012

I would think that "any woman who is beautiful" would be too secure to pick apart what other women look like. I always figured it was ugly women who do that.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

I wanna set these freaks on fire.

by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2012

R43, It has less to do with the actual looks of the evil bxxxx who picks apart other girls, and more to do with the hateful personality of the extreme meanie. Some males and females are just rotten and evil.

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2012

There is something to that fact that Stewart is non-threatening and plain, playing a girl who is a blank slate of average blandness and yet this girl gets the hottest, richest guy/vampire in school to fall in love with her. It's the ultimate frau fantasy and it especially appeals to ugly fatties (just looking at some of the ladies camped out).

by Anonymousreply 4611/12/2012

I can just imagine what those fat rolls smell like after 5 days of not bathing.

by Anonymousreply 4711/12/2012

I don't think Pattinson's any better-looking than she is, but even if he were, how is Twilight any worse than the zillions of "ultimate herr fantasy" movies where the guy gets the much better-looking girl?

by Anonymousreply 4811/13/2012

Wait - middle aged women? I thought the whole Twilight thing was for teenagers. Weren't the books Young Adult fiction?

I haven't read them or seen the movies but I'm pretty sure the plot is all about teenaged vampires and werewolves.

by Anonymousreply 4911/13/2012

[quote]I can just imagine what those fat rolls smell like after 5 days of not bathing.

Your leaky asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5011/13/2012

How was the Twilight premiere, R50?

by Anonymousreply 5111/13/2012

r43, you're wrong again. People in general want to see STARS on the silver screen. We've come to expect this since the 40s. There's no reason to cast a big chinned, unphotogenic plainster in a lead role. The only reason could be because Sparkles isn't so hot himself in the looks department. It's Paul Hogan casting syndrome. Stewart simply doesn't distract from him and big chins and other fugs can relate to her. Those of us better gifted physically are insulted when KS's mug is illuminated, especially in those tight shots. It's distracting. Confusing.

by Anonymousreply 5211/13/2012

Did anyone get run over this time?

by Anonymousreply 5311/13/2012

"There's no reason to cast a big chinned, unphotogenic plainster in a lead role."

Yes there is. The girl in the books is described as ordinary looking, poorly dressed, virginal, awkward, and completely lacking in intelligence and courage. If they'd cast an actress who had beauty, sparkle, or sex appeal, the fans would have been outraged. Stewart can look pretty if shot well and homely if not, so she has the right degree of looks, and onscreen her babydykeness reads as virginal cluelessness.

Why so many women want to identify with a girl who's as plain as worthless as Bella is another discussion.

by Anonymousreply 5411/13/2012

r54, thank you for explaining.

by Anonymousreply 5511/13/2012

[quote]Wait - middle aged women? I thought the whole Twilight thing was for teenagers. Weren't the books Young Adult fiction?

Fat, middle-aged fraus are a huge part of the Twilight fanbase. These women are more than old enough to know better, but they act like teenagers about this stupid franchise.

by Anonymousreply 5611/13/2012

I genuinely had no idea what this series was all about, as I was given a pass to the premiere to review it for our local gay weekly.

There were cops everywhere, and a line around the building. This was the first one, and I was about 3ft away from Taylor Lautner, when no one but the Twihards knew who he was. He was with a middle aged lady and said something about not wanting to be there. They snuck him out of the theater before the film was over. I just recall he was tall and pretty and had very, very white teeth.

Having said that, these films froth up fraus like nothing else, except maybe allergies and strollers.

by Anonymousreply 5711/13/2012

Breaking Dawn Part II is getting rave reviews on Rotten Tomatoes...100%!!!

by Anonymousreply 5811/13/2012

I wonder if the fans are happy they put all that effort into seeing Stewart wear a body shaper on the red carpet?

by Anonymousreply 5911/13/2012

Those women all are WAY too old to be standing in front of a barricade waiting to get a poster signed.

by Anonymousreply 6011/13/2012

I agree with r10. God knows I hate these movies but nobody gives guys this much shit when its Star Wars, Comic Book, Video Game or someother manly thing that they camp over for.

by Anonymousreply 6111/13/2012

I guess Twilight is just so dumb, stupid and immature. At least Stars Wars and Star Trek have stood the test of time.

If middle aged men camped out for days to ogle young female actresses or singers or something else so obviously geared towards teens people would think they were pedophiles.

The Twihards camped out at Comic Con too and one idiot woman (in her 50s) got run over. I didn't hear of other fandoms that camped out days in advance just to meet their idols.

by Anonymousreply 6211/13/2012

Yeah Twilight is dumb to us but not to them. It doesn't matter how good the content is. One man's trash is another man's treasure, as they say.

I didn't think it was before, but now I get the feeling it is because of who are camping out. We laugh at the comic nerds and gamers, who do this exact thing, but they don't get the rabid-hate like these females do.

by Anonymousreply 6311/13/2012

To update my post at r15, only a few Twilight fans were queuing from the night before and they seemed okay with Doctor Who fans turning up, so no amusing drama.

But David Tennant did spontaneously jump bodily onto, kiss and cuddle, and get bridal-carried by his male co-star, so that was funny. (That's obviously not at all relevant to the thread, I just wanted to shoehorn these pics in somewhere.)

by Anonymousreply 6411/14/2012

R64, those pictures are adorable!

Everything Tennant does seems to be adorable.

by Anonymousreply 6511/14/2012

[quote]When I was young I knew a couple of people who camped out early to get Bowie tickets. Nobody was older than nineteen and it was mostly an excuse to party. At worst, they'd miss classes that day or call in sick to their job at Orange Julius. This just reads like the saddest excuse for a midlife crisis, ever.

Guilty as charged!

Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (the wall)

But then all of these shows would sell out in only a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 6611/14/2012

The Twihards invade Leicester Square. An unfortunate group of people (including the Z-list UK celebs who always show up to these things.)

by Anonymousreply 6711/14/2012

[quote]Breaking Dawn Part II is getting rave reviews on Rotten Tomatoes...100%!!!

Don't worry, it's rotten now.

by Anonymousreply 6811/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.