Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Top Chef Seattle

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 29603/11/2013

I think the cute gay guy that is 1/2 Chinese and 1/2 Norwegian-German (or however he said that) doesn't make it too far. I'm only basing that on the "this season on Top Chef" scenes at the end of the episode where they didn't show him at all in any of them.

Maybe it's just because he's low drama so not 'clip worthy,' but I didn't even catch him in the background at all.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

Didn't know it was on! I will be tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

NO one is watching?

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

yes, i didnt know it was on either, probably because i stopped watching Bravo after Masters finished (forget Around the World in 80 Shits)

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

Not liking:

The loud Italian chick with the horrible facial surgery

The chef who was profiled in some magazine as 'most hated in Dallas'. Too full of himself.

The black chef with the funky ear piercings. He's too cocky.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

That Carla chick seems manic. I don't understand her statement "I'm a girl. I want to be James Beard and want to have a nice ass". To me, she seems to turn on the mania for the camera. Get her some meds.

She's reminding me of the nut that was on Top Chef Just Desserts - the one who cried for his mommy and ending up leaving.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

The Asian gay chef (he's engaged!) is kinda cute. To be honest, I think the Asian female chef with the short hair is cute too.

Liking the curve ball of bringing back some chefs from previous season.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

It's as over as Padma's million dollar vagina.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

R9 the Asian gay chef is gone. That's his punishment for cooking halibut into a hockey puck, as Padma so delicately put it.

Either the other chefs need to kill the Carla chick or I will. Her manic, "Look at me, I'ma karazy Italian talking to myself aloud!" schtick grew old after about 7 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

It was great to see Stefan get a little bit of smackdown on the first episode because while he's a very skilled chef, he's also a cocky bastard.

In general I don't care for reality competition shows bringing back former contestants to compete against newbies, so I'm disappointed that Top Chef has jumped on that bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

That Asian chick is fucking model gorgeous. I can't take my eyes off of her. Padma must be PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

I really like this season, but bringing back the three veterans, is so dumb and so unfair.

HATE Stefan, because he's an arrogant prick and has no personality. I couldn't stand CJ in his original season (he didn't even make it to New York City from Miami), so I'm very surprised they brought him back. Same goes for Josie. I could barely remember her. This was a very bad idea.

I'm sad they sent home the gay boy first, before the three vets. They don't deserve to be there, and it actually makes me NOT want to watch, rather than watch.

If this turns out to be another Top Chef Texas TURD, where that stupid lame ass Paul won, then I won't even watch the rest of the season. I hate gimmicks, and bringing back the three veterans is a STUPID gimmick.

I love the guy who won the quickfire and immunity. He's a very cute 53 year old. I'd love to hop on that!

The Japanese girl is lame, and I can't understand a word she says.

I love Carla. She brings the only element of surprise and fun to the season, so it's no wonder she made it on the show. She's not going anywhere, because there are not very many personalities this season.

The South African lady's accent makes my ears bleed. SO AWFUL!

Bart the Belgian is a major hottie, and I'm so glad they didn't send him packing. He's the only cute guy left.

I want the quickfire winner guy to win or hottie Bart to win. However, there are 18 chefs plus 3 returnees, so that's 21 (minus the guy who got sent home). This is going to be a long season.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

Wow, is no one watching this season?

I guess Paul's win last season really WAS the death knell for the show. People really hated that Texas season.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2012

So the gay and Stefan both made the same mistake of overcooking their fish (which means I'd probably like it lol as these fucking critics seem to like every protein near raw) but the newbie goes home? If Stefan is so great, he should have never overcooked it. This is his 2nd chance so I don't understand why he can stay over the 1st timer, except that the producers are hoping Stefan will clash with other cheftestants.

Already the producers fuck things up (y'all know producers have a say in who stays between the bottom 2).

I like that the cast is more diverse this season...not so many whities who all look alike. I'm loving that Japanese gal she's great and so cute.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2012

The judges are hypercritical of the food in a way that makes me laugh. Making fun of foodies is still largely unacceptable, isn't it? And the show just cries out for mockery.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2012

R15, it wasn't Paul. It was the absolute absurdity of the challenges. I didn't even bother to watch the last 2 episodes.

Stefan makes me puke, but it was quail he overcooked.... "but they were so small" GAG

No way that white girl who didn't make the cut isn't that exotic girl's lover. Matching tattoos. Uh Huh! They protest too much. Bet she shows up later to cheer on her honey.

I also feel like choking the shit out of Carla. That nutty bitch needs to go.

Watch The Next Iron Chef Redemption on Sunday nights. It's got Spike and Marcel.... but neither will last very long.

In the 1st episode, Spike already had to save his ass in a cook off against some Texas guy.

Just hope Faulkner doesn't win. She's a snooty bitch who can't take criticism.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2012

Top Chef always sends home a gay chef first.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2012

The ratings are horrible already. Is Top Chef over?

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2012

I haven't looked at Padma the same since she licked herself in that hamburger commercial.

To think I once thought she was a classy lady!

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2012

I hated the commercial where Colicchio held a spoon to Padma's mouth and she licked it--- long and slow.

You don't see Gail doing that shit.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2012

To be fair, Padma is a gorgeous model who happens to be well versed in food and cooking. She's used to doing sexual shoots...Gail is a food critic who happens not to be ugly. big difference

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

[quote] it wasn't Paul.

Yes it was. Paul didn't deserve to win. Not by a longshot.

For some reason, Colicchio had a major hardon for Paul, and anointed him the winner. It was clear from the first show.

Paul was "from Texas," and the producers obviously decided that they wanted to go with that narrative. As a result, the entire season sucked.

This is what happens when producers manipulate the show for ratings, instead of letting things happen naturally.

Viewers aren't stupid, and we know when we're being played.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

Why do you folks think that the producers give one shit about who wins? On a basic level, folks are lazy. I think they just let it play out. It's not like anyone remembers who wins a day later.

by Anonymousreply 2511/16/2012

The asian chick was a model before she started cooking.

by Anonymousreply 2611/16/2012

Who is the object of everyone's lust this season?

by Anonymousreply 2711/16/2012

R27 the Belgian guy is the closest thing to being attractive as far as guys go.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

As soon as they announced those three trolls from the past were joining the teams, I bailed.

by Anonymousreply 2911/16/2012

Are gay men just naturally bad chefs, or does Top Chef have a bias against them? They always send the gay male home either in the first or second rounds. The lesbians always do much better.

Colicchio's restaurants aren't doing that well from what I hear. His Craft restaurant in Dallas closed this year. Maybe that's why he seems like a sourpuss this season.

by Anonymousreply 3011/16/2012

Top Chef is OVAH.

How long before it takes them to bring in a Housewife to guest star? Didn't Vanderpumper appear one season?

by Anonymousreply 3111/16/2012

[quote] Are gay men just naturally bad chefs, or does Top Chef have a bias against them?

Perhaps you have to rephrase the question to read, "openly gay men."

From what I understand, Hung, the winner of season 3 is gay, and Harold Dieterle is still unmarried, so his sexuality is questionable.

And what about Stephanie? She always struck me as a lesbian.

[quote] the Belgian guy is the closest thing to being attractive as far as guys go.

I think that the gay guy was really cute, and I also think that the older guy from Dallas, the one who won the quickfire challenge, is cute in an offbeat sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2012

I didn't know there was a new season until I stumbled upon it last night. Lots of Asians, which was really cool. Glad to see of the old guys back.

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2012

r32

His teeth ruin it for me

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2012

I swear I would put a knife in that loud, crazy biatch. I couldn't listen to her for more than 2 seconds.

If anyone goes home tonight, I hope it's her.

Haven't caught "Life After Top Chef" yet. Does anyone think it's good? Has Jen recovered from her meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 3511/21/2012

I watched the first episode of "Life After Top Chef," R35, and dropped it. Jen's moping around because she can't get it together to open a restaurant. I find her dour on her good days, so gloomy Jen is unbearable. Spike's still a lazy douchebag. Fabio is still charming. Richard Blaise is like watching paint dry.

I might have found it more enjoyable with a different cast. If I were making a list of the four most interesting cheftestants, most of them would not be on it. I'd love to know how many people turned them down to leave them with this group.

by Anonymousreply 3611/21/2012

Thanks r36.

by Anonymousreply 3711/21/2012

someone watch with me

starts in 20 minutes

by Anonymousreply 3811/21/2012

I only watched the first episode and lost interest.

Last season was so bad, it's turned me off

Also, sick how they pimp out Padma

by Anonymousreply 3911/21/2012

When Carla gets worked up, I can't understand one damn thing she's saying.

by Anonymousreply 4011/21/2012

I was shocked that Carla won the quickfire.

by Anonymousreply 4111/22/2012

Fabio's segments are like Top Chef: Brokeback Mountain. He is always with his male friend who dresses alike, hugging, grabbing each other. Fabio grabbed his ass last night and really got a slow handful.

His "life coach" obviously digs him, massaging him, and offering to push him on the swings!?

His Euro machismo turns me off. He and his friend are like Ladies Men, a couple of wild and crazy guys.

by Anonymousreply 4211/22/2012

Almost done watching the first season (seen them all excep that one) and still can't believe how much that Katie Lee sucks as a host.

The first reunion show was ridiculous! with all the drinking, name calling, fighting and farting. Almost like a Real Housewives reunion. I did like seeing Harold in his flip flops, and he was actually the top chef from that group. Great choice.

With some really great contestants, Top Chef sure has a lot of crappy winners: Hosea, Kevin, Paul but the worst has to be Ilan. He only cooked spanish food and was an insufferable douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

Yeah, Katie Lee was horribly bad.

I liked Dave.... the overly emotional, chubby, gay blonde who would cry at the drop of a hat.

Don't remember if he was season 1 or 2 though.

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

Season 1. He's the one who said to Tiffany "I'm not your bitch, bitch"

That was great.

by Anonymousreply 4511/27/2012

[quote]Fabio's segments are like Top Chef: Brokeback Mountain. He is always with his male friend who dresses alike, hugging, grabbing each other. Fabio grabbed his ass last night and really got a slow handful.

On tonight's "Life After Top Chef," the synopsis says, "Fabio shares a shocking secret about his past with his life coach." Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 4611/28/2012

I'm watching, but I'm not very into it yet. There are too many cheftestants right now and very few of them seem interesting yet. I don't know why they brought the three former cheftestants back, I can see why the would bring back Stephan, he's a good cook, he's a dick and his personality makes him stand out, but the other two are just .... meh. I'd like to see Stephan and "the most hated chef" get into a bitch fight,but I'm sure they'll save that for close to the end, or right before one of them leave the contest.

by Anonymousreply 4711/28/2012

Harold Dieterle got married a few years ago, and might even have kids now.

He didn't want to be a TV star--he wanted to have a restaurant and now he has two and counting.

Fabio is so gay. He was on WWHL with Andy Cohen a week or two ago and a fan asked if he was single. He kind of abruptly said he is taken, and I think he had to repeat it twice to get Andy off his back.

Is his boyfriend his business partner? Or the chubby life coach? Fabio seems so angry. He should just come out with it.

And I love bitchy Stephan on TC Seattle. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 4811/28/2012

[quote]HATE Stefan, because he's an arrogant prick and has no personality.

He's a prick, but you are INSANE if you say he doesn't have a personality. He's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 4911/29/2012

I had no idea there was a new Top Chef!! And then to find the DL thread only has 50 posts!!!

by Anonymousreply 5011/29/2012

The Quickfire challenge was so phony. I just knew that those 3 guys who had been arguing with each other would be the ones who were judged to have made the best dish and NATURALLY, the biggest obnoxious asshole would be the winner. It seems unfair to the other chefs that may have made good dishes that the show is so overly manipulated for drama. They can't get an honest win or evaluation.

by Anonymousreply 5111/29/2012

I agree, R52

It's so predictable that I knew that Josh (the guy doing poorly) would do better tonight because of his bitching and moaning throughout the quickfire, and CJ would suck because he was so hyped at winning.

If something better is on, I'm there. That speaks volumes because this show use to be one of my faves.

by Anonymousreply 5211/29/2012

R52, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the pattern on this show, it's pretty aggravating.

by Anonymousreply 5311/29/2012

CJ should have gone home. That douchebag was on an entire previous season, and he's STILL making crappy food. Carla should have been given another chance to prove herself.

Stephan is LAUGHABLE as a straight man. The way he was fawning over that asian lesbian was completely idiotic. I guess it's true that white guys who marry asian women are all gay. Because there's no way Stephan's straight.

Speaking of the asian lesbian, do asians ALWAYS have to win the money challenges? Last season, Paul won every single money elimination challenge, and when he didn't win, the prizes were either some crappy book or cookware for the winner.

Now this asian lesbian lady won the first money challenge. WTF, Top Chef??

I wish they would stop picking on John. He's obviously a good chef (which is probably why they're all so jealous), and he's also really cute. I love his goofy looks.

At this point, I can't tell who is gonna win, but John is a definite front runner. And I hope Bart is also a finalist because he's hot!

by Anonymousreply 5411/29/2012

LOL at R54, but the Asian lesbian (Kristen) is not an Asian lesbian; short hair does not necessarily make a woman les. Her friend who got chopped in episode 1 made that very clear. Unless you are talking about the other REAL Asian lesbian on this season, Josie.

I'm surprised CJ and Josie were brought back. I understand Stephan, because he was robbed. If I remember correctly, CJ was very middle-of-the-road in S3, and now he's grating on my nerves a bit because he's acting all big-shot.

by Anonymousreply 5511/29/2012

Did anyone watch Last Chance Kitchen? Who survived?

by Anonymousreply 5611/29/2012

Kuniko advances further, R56.

by Anonymousreply 5711/29/2012

I love Canlis, the restaurant; I've been there once and it was great. The two owner brothers looked like awkward dorks!

by Anonymousreply 5811/30/2012

Damn, I was hoping for the Chinese fella. Don't think I'm going to watch any more because it's all so predictably staged.

FUCK YOU, Colicchio. You have no honor or integrity!

by Anonymousreply 5911/30/2012

Please tell me the cuter of the Canlis(?) brothers is openly gay. If not, he's the gayest straight guy ever.

by Anonymousreply 6011/30/2012

On Life After Top Chef, I cannot stand Richard or Jen and the shit they both cook, I wouldn't feed my dogs.

by Anonymousreply 6111/30/2012

CJ has been annoying. I don't remember him being anything special on his season. And Josie? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 6211/30/2012

R62, you are remembering correctly. CJ is/was a hack during his first run and is contining that with his second run. I will be surprised if is not gone by next week or the week after. His cooking is nothing special, at all.

by Anonymousreply 6311/30/2012

Best I've seen judge Hugh look....

better groomed and about 15 lbs lighter.

by Anonymousreply 6412/05/2012

When they were giving their final comments after losing, the shorter guy Tyler said he had two goals for the competition. One was to be himself and the other was to remain sober.

Weird thing to say and he didn't look like he was joking. Did he previously express that he's had a problem with drugs or alcohol?

On Last Chance Kitchen, those two still had to compete as a team. They took on Kuniko in a dessert making challenge. CJ and Tyler won and Kuniko is now out of the competition.

by Anonymousreply 6512/06/2012

r65, Tyler said early on that he was a recovering alcoholic.

I felt bad for him, but he should have challenged CJ's bull. BURGER? Really? I still don't see what warranted bringing CJ back...or Josie for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 6612/06/2012

I'm so happy CJ went home, but sad the AA guy went home. He was kinda cute, and very nice.

That Okie guy with the Yukon Cornelius moustache, is such an asshole. I really hate him, plus he can't cook for shit.

On the flip side, I'm happy John "the most hated chef" didn't go home. He seems like a really good cook, plus I think he's hot. No ring on the finger, and no talk of a wife or kids. I'd love to know if he's gay or not.

Stefan is always a stupid dick, but in this episode he was kind of amusing. Funny how the judges hate his food, yet he's still there, and still arrogant.

Bart looks mighty fine for a 40 year old. It's kind of cute that the Belgian and the Hawaiian were teammates. What an odd pairing. Interestingly, I can barely understand either of them.

Are Micah and Kristen the lesbian, an item? They would make a cute couple.

Tom Colicchio was being such a bitch at judges table. He was such a crybaby, and during his stupid apology for the low quality of cooking, one of the guest judges had the decency to say, "well we had a really great time and it was a very nice experience." Tom has no class.

Stefan and the bloody duck girl should have gone home. Their food looked and sounded awful.

by Anonymousreply 6712/06/2012

Top Chef is doing horribly in the ratings this season. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 6812/06/2012

[quote] Top Chef is doing horribly in the ratings this season. I wonder why.

Three words: TOP CHEF TEXAS. Hated that season, and hated the "winner" Total bullshit and rigged.

by Anonymousreply 6912/06/2012

[quote]On Last Chance Kitchen, those two still had to compete as a team. They took on Kuniko in a dessert making challenge. CJ and Tyler won and Kuniko is now out of the competition.

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole. I guess I don't have to watch it now.

by Anonymousreply 7012/06/2012

AA guy has ZERO confidence... maybe because he's not very good.

by Anonymousreply 7112/06/2012

They should've brought Morgan back. He was so masculine and hot. I've always wanted him in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 7212/06/2012

AA guy/Tyler's mistake was letting CJ take the lead. I can understand deferring to a truly genius chef (Michael Voltaggio, Richard Blaise, or even Stephan), but CJ was very middle-of-the-road on his season, and seemed equally unremarkable this time around (except for his turkey). CJ seemed like an asshole this time around, too, acting so all-around pretentious and needlessly insulting that other chef girl's (Danielle) dessert at Judge's Table.

by Anonymousreply 7312/06/2012

Please bring back Ty-Lör.

by Anonymousreply 7412/06/2012

r71, he's still better than CJ.

by Anonymousreply 7512/06/2012

The AA guy reminds me of somebody - Maybe Doug Savant, from Melrose and Desperate Housewives? Maybe it's someone else...something about him...

by Anonymousreply 7612/06/2012

This time around I'm not even bothering to remember all the names.

by Anonymousreply 7712/06/2012

There's no one with hotness even remotely close to the Volt bros or Spike whose hole holds many, many, many secrets.

by Anonymousreply 7812/06/2012

Spike looks like he has potent BO.

by Anonymousreply 8012/06/2012

Spike's only BO is the heavenly musky scent emanating from a hairy hole that holds many, many, many untold secrets.

by Anonymousreply 8112/07/2012

No comments on tonight's ep?

by Anonymousreply 8212/12/2012

Did anybody watch Last Chance Kitchen?

Who advanced?

by Anonymousreply 8312/14/2012

This show is OVAH.

I'm thinking it's time for a Top Chef: Housewives Edition

by Anonymousreply 8412/14/2012

I like Spike and his family on Life After Top Chef. He seems like a really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 8512/14/2012

I see Spike has been posting a lot in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8612/14/2012

Are they angling for the Hawaiian guy to win? Sure seems like it. I didn't like that woman who was sent home, saying to the judges before they had eliminated her "this is very humbling. Thank you for that feedback" or something like that. She seems full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 8712/14/2012

This week on Last Chance Kitchen...

CJ and Tyler (sober guy) didn't have to compete as a team against Eliza. The challenge was for all 3 chefs to make their own dish using both of the ingredients that they mainly failed at using in the game. So all 3 of them had to use both pickles and carrots.

And the chef that stays in the competition is CJ.

by Anonymousreply 8812/14/2012

Ugh. Of course CJ would win. I don't even know why his ass was brought back in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 8912/16/2012

I'd pay good money for a photo of Tyler Wiard's very hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 9012/16/2012

It seemed like Kristen (Asian pseudo-lesbian chick) was not shown at all in the reward challenge about making a dish from your heritage -- wuwt, or did I blink and miss it??

by Anonymousreply 9112/16/2012

r90, that fur was peaking through every shirt.

by Anonymousreply 9212/16/2012

Josie is beyond obnoxious. She took offense with Stefan for absolutely NOTHING.

OMG... so he talked to someone across the room while sitting next to her. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That was pure lesbian drama!

Then in next wk's promo she implies Stefan doesn't know who he is and that he's in the closet.

Loud, ridiculous, pathetic "chef" just needs to go!!

by Anonymousreply 9312/20/2012

Stefan is an asshole.

Josie is also an asshole, but at least she's funny. So it should be interesting next week to watch "When Assholes Collide." And it's weird that Stefan is slobbering over Kristen and she just doesn't seem to give a shit. Didn't Stefan have some kind of wannabe showmance with a lesbian chef on his first season? I'm thinking Josie just might be right.

by Anonymousreply 9412/20/2012

So is it already decided that CJ will be the one to reenter the game? No way do I believe his mediocre cooking beat all of those other chefs.

by Anonymousreply 9512/20/2012

CJ's forehead acne is really distracting on Last Chance Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 9612/20/2012

R94 - Josie's the asshole - I have no idea why she was invited back. Funny? On what planet?

Stefan is funny; he just likes to talk shit. And he's flirty with the females, but in a non-threatening way. Hey, if Fabio likes him, he's okay with me.

Josh (the one with the fucked up mustache) needs to die in a grease fire on the next episode. In slow motion. He's obnoxious and can't cook pork to save his life, despite yakking about it non-stop and fucking it up over and over and over again.

I hope Kristen wins. She doesn't talk smack, isn't obnoxious and boastful, can cook both simple and complex dishes (she won $10 grand for cooking onions and mushrooms!) and seems to have an extremely well developed palate. She's adorable and it's time for another female to win.

by Anonymousreply 9712/21/2012

are they all crude bullies?

by Anonymousreply 9812/21/2012

So now even Top Chef has to create fake drama?

by Anonymousreply 9912/21/2012

Stefan didn't respect her boundary.

by Anonymousreply 10112/22/2012

How did that Josie survive another week? Poor Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 10212/27/2012

I'm glad Josie called out that closet-case with the weird earring.

by Anonymousreply 10312/27/2012

Those newly instituted zooming close-ups of the losers' faces as they're about to be scolded are beyond cliche.

by Anonymousreply 10412/27/2012

[quote] Spike whose hole holds many, many, many secrets.

Suit yourself, but it's Hugh Acheson's hairy, musky hole that holds secrets (and begs exploration) for me.

by Anonymousreply 10512/27/2012

Hugh is so damn sexy

by Anonymousreply 10612/27/2012

On Life After Top Chef, Jen and Richard have to be the most unlikeable people ever. I wouldn't eat any of the shit they cook.

by Anonymousreply 10712/27/2012

Is Hugh a gay?

by Anonymousreply 10912/27/2012

Ugh, I can't believe Josie wasn't sent home.

She's fucking insufferable!!

Did have a good laugh when the deluded bitch said she played professional football. What a JOKE!

Micah is a single father with twin girls, so I think the cunt was just lashing out with whatever she could come up. And, why? Micha didn't do or say a damn thing. Bitch is just unstable. Maybe in her "pro football" career she took too many dyke kicks to the head.

About that top chef cruise.... If I had a spare 1,300 lying around, I would go. Wouldn't really care one way or another about meeting them, but I would LOVE to try all the food!

by Anonymousreply 11012/27/2012

Did CJ or Bart win?

by Anonymousreply 11112/27/2012

Unfortunately, CJ.

by Anonymousreply 11212/27/2012

More producer rigged crap. CJ is not that good. No way he's beating all these chefs.

by Anonymousreply 11312/28/2012

During CJ's first season, wasn't there some heavy flirting going on between him and Padma? I think she was seen crying when he was sent home. Or am I thinking of a different chef?

by Anonymousreply 11412/28/2012

R114: You're correct. Padma confessed --in response to a "pick one" question-- to being a bit smitten by CJ in one that season's wrap-up episode/interview with Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 11512/28/2012

what about when John/girl won the challenge and they show her saying that she guesses they made a good team and then cut to John saying it would have been a better win had he won it alone! He's certainly getting the jerk edit as well as the awkward edit - when they were cooking and he's telling her 'thank you for taking the time to understand me' she clearly was moving right past that comment where he wanted a 'moment'

by Anonymousreply 11612/28/2012

I like John. Tearing up about his daughter was touching.

by Anonymousreply 11712/28/2012

Micah is gay. Lots of gay guys have children before they come out of the closet.

John is the unstable one. He has a horrible reputation in Dallas and all of his restaurants fail because of it.

by Anonymousreply 11812/28/2012

Since it's only Tom Colicchio judging on Last Chance Kitchen, maybe one could conclude that CJ gives good head.

by Anonymousreply 11912/28/2012

Does Tom like the peen?

by Anonymousreply 12012/28/2012

I am 100% convinced that either Muffler from "Not Another Gay Movie" is based on Chef Josie, or Josie decided to base her entire personality on Muffler.

by Anonymousreply 12112/31/2012

I've got all the pickles.

by Anonymousreply 12201/03/2013

That guy John bugs me with his glasses sitting over his eyes. Why won't he get some bifocals!

by Anonymousreply 12301/03/2013

God I hate John! Did he beat CJ in LAst Chef standing? Fuck I hope not

by Anonymousreply 12401/03/2013

Nope, CJ is still reigning champ in Last Chance Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 12501/03/2013

Sorry R120, but Tom likes the puss. I sure wish he liked peen though. Or better yet, hot bottom ass. (_(_)

by Anonymousreply 12601/03/2013

Stefan isn't nearly as good this time around.

by Anonymousreply 12701/09/2013

Josie is so fucking annoying. Hopefully she's going home.

by Anonymousreply 12801/09/2013

How is CJ beating all these chefs? He's not that good. Another staged comeback?

by Anonymousreply 12901/09/2013

I hate Josie with a white hot passion.

Ugly, no talent, waste of space bitch is even a cunt with Kristen next wk.

by Anonymousreply 13001/09/2013

They ragged on Josie's dish way worse than Micah's, but he's the one who got sent home. They're clearly keeping her loud obnoxious ass around because she's the villain. I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 13101/10/2013

[quote] They're clearly keeping her loud obnoxious ass around because she's the villain.

Top Chef has clearly placed Josie, Stephan and CJ back in the competition because they were exciting personalities. Josie and CJ SUCKED as chefs.

I'm guessing that Top Chef has hit the bottom of the barrel, and is gasping for air. Hence, the gimmicks. If you have a good show, you don't need gimmicks. (See Amazing Race)

Josie should have gone long ago, as should Stephan. Kristen (aka Madame Lesbionic Moneybags, aka Chinese Paul's Honorable Successor) is clearly going to win this season with a $200,000+ haul this season. Top Chef LURRRRVS its asians.

This show is no longer about the best chef. It's all about the best narrative. Clearly, John should not have gone home, and the same goes for Micah.

But the producers had it in for John, and someone had it in for Micah (hence, the "you're gay and in the closet") rants from Josie. Interestingly, they loved Paul, and they love Kristen, and they love Sheldon, and they love Josie. Hmmmm....

This show is so bogus already. No wonder nobody is watching anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13201/10/2013

CJ is an "exciting personality"?

by Anonymousreply 13301/10/2013

Padma wants CJ in her quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 13401/10/2013

And Josh is still in the competition? Week after week of pork.

John should not have gone home. And Micah had a lot more to offer than Josie.

by Anonymousreply 13501/10/2013

r122

LMAO!! I just caught last wk's episode.

That idiot doesn't have the slightest clue about how bad he came off. He's clearly a social retard.

Last night Kristen said her last relationship ended badly and that she was forcibly kicked out of the house. I would LOVE to see what that woman looks like.

Prefer to think of Kristen with a hot or at least a semi-hot woman. A Josie bulldyke type would completely ruin the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 13601/10/2013

Back it up a minute. Kristen is a lesbian? Since when? She doesn't seem "that way" to me. Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 13701/10/2013

R137, Kristen said in the 1st episode that she was straight. She was competing against her best friend in the 1st episode for a chef apron. She said everyone thought that her and her friend were a couple, but were not.

by Anonymousreply 13801/10/2013

I would enjoy the show more if Gail Simmons were on every week. Since Just Desserts isn't coming back (is it?), it would be good to have Gail as a regular - I didn't realize how much I like her until I don't see her.

Some of the format tweaks they've introduced this season make it moderately interesting because the show has been so predicable that it bordered on stale.

For example last week I liked the last-minute cook-off between Lindsey and 'I Have All The Pickles' Asshole. And I liked the way the two winners of this week will lead Restaurant Wars, but they had to select their teammates without knowing who would be going home.

But I hate the returning chefs competing against rookies. I don't mind Last Chance Kitchen so much, but it's not interesting enough to go to the Bravo site to watch so I just wait for someone here to tell me who won.

by Anonymousreply 13901/10/2013

You are kidding R137 right? She's a super dyke.

by Anonymousreply 14001/10/2013

In the link below it's Kristen's friend who says they are not lesbians since they live in the same building together. They also have matching spoon tattoos. Then Kristen talks about her modeling career. Again all this happened in the 1st episode. If Kristen was gay, I would think she would say and not let her friend speak on her behalf.

by Anonymousreply 14101/10/2013

I'm so happy John went home. The glasses on the forehead thing was so stupid looking, and he was annoying because he was constantly name-dropping. There were so many instances where a celebrity chef would come on and he'd be like "so and so gave me my first job in New York" or, "I hired him in my restaurant." or "we worked together at so and so" etc. Enough.

The challenge was to make a burger with the spicy pickles. That means, each chef was supposed to use pickles, that means he could not technically hoard them if that is what the assignment was. He was bragging about the pickles, but it was all for the program. In reality, the shows PA's would never have let him hoard that ingredient. On the other hand, he asked for a bit of dill and she obliged, but then he took most of it. DOUCHE.

by Anonymousreply 14201/10/2013

r138

Like I said at post r18, I never believed that "friends" story for 1 second.

Anne Burrell also claimed to be straight for a length of time, but now she's engaged to be married.... to a woman!

On another note, since no one here gave it up, I went and watched Last Chance Kitchen.....

and Tom still has a hard on for CJ. He won the tartare battle with Micah. That makes 6 straight wins.

I agree with what some posters said on the Bravo site. Tom should have to judge without knowing whose dish it is.

by Anonymousreply 14301/10/2013

It's totally believable that Kristen is ungay.

Not everyone that looks gay, acts gay, and has a personal backstory that might give people the impression they are gay are gay.

by Anonymousreply 14401/10/2013

Love it, r144.

did you know that he's STILL featured on the Top chef website?

by Anonymousreply 14501/10/2013

[quote]Not everyone that looks gay, acts gay, and has a personal backstory that might give people the impression they are gay are gay.

Damn it! At the end that should have read 'is gay' instead of 'are gay.' Obviously good looking chefs generally aren't so skilled with things like grammar and science.

by Anonymousreply 14601/10/2013

The new gimmick casting doesn't work and it is unfair. If they really want to get gimmicky, they should have to cook a meal with the ingredients that the Project Runway contestants use during the yearly, "Make a dress out of produce" segment.

by Anonymousreply 14701/10/2013

Maybe a Top Chef in which all of the contestants are vile, disgusting former contestants such as: Marcel, Jamie, Heather from Dallas , Alex from DC, Robin from Vegas,etc.

by Anonymousreply 14801/10/2013

Speaking of former contestants, has anyone discovered ANY of the many, many secrets held by Spike's hole?

by Anonymousreply 14901/10/2013

Gail adds much needed class to the show.

And, so did Eric Ripert. I could listen to that man talk all day!

Padma is just a hoochie mama and Tom is stale and plays favorites.

by Anonymousreply 15001/13/2013

I miss Eric Ripert's BDF.

by Anonymousreply 15101/13/2013

CJ's wins are all staged so he can be brought back, bragging he beat every chef who was sent home after him and now he's going to win. Blah, blah, blah. Like most shows on Bravo, Top Chef doesn't even try to pretend it's real.

by Anonymousreply 15201/13/2013

The Spike's hole troll has grown deeply tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 15301/13/2013

Is Lisa from season 4 the worst contestant in Top Chef history? I'm watching that season and what a bitter, unpleasant angry person she is! even angry asian Dale is better.

by Anonymousreply 15401/13/2013

Oh who cares R152? So what YOU want to have happen on the show isn't happening so it MUST be staged! Get a clue, it's all staged. Haven't you ever read the disclaimer at the end of a "reality" show? Some people just enjoy the format which as a show goes on becomes more and more familiar. If you don't like it, watch something else. Why would you watch the entirety of the Bravo channel anyway. Read a book.

Some of you queens...devoted to illuminating the injustices on, erm, Top Chef. If you had a life it wouldn't bother you.

by Anonymousreply 15501/13/2013

Lisa was undoubtedly the angriest contestant, but obese Heather from the Texas show was the biggest bully and the least palatable person in show history.

by Anonymousreply 15601/13/2013

I haven't seen the Texas season but I HATED that Lisa from season 4. Another horrible one was the fat slob with mommy issues that attacked the woman with cancer, can't remember his name.

Someone should start a thread about the best and worst Top Chef contestants.

by Anonymousreply 15701/13/2013

I am watching but I haven't really found anyone THAT great this season. They are all forgettable with the exception of Stephan.

by Anonymousreply 15801/13/2013

How much of an ugly cunt will Josie be tonight?

by Anonymousreply 15901/16/2013

r159 I hate the fucking headband/sweatband thing that she wears. Josie is an insufferable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16001/16/2013

If they don't send that whiny, excuse-making cunt home right now, I'm turning Top Chef off for good.

No way Kristin deserves to go.

by Anonymousreply 16101/16/2013

THAT'S IT

Like Gail said, they have been letting that cunt skate.... and skate and skate.

I'm not watching another episode of this CRAP!

by Anonymousreply 16201/16/2013

They need a villain, and Josie is it. Padma just trashed Josie on Watch What Happens Live.

by Anonymousreply 16301/16/2013

Read tonight's comments at Bravo. Everyone knows Josie is a joke of a chef and should have been gone eons ago.

One bright note: Kristin knocked off CJ

That said, I think I'm also turning off this contrived nonsense because it's not judged on culinary skills. It's just BRAVO housewife theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 16401/17/2013

Contrived is right! Oh no, Kristen, the best chef is sent home because she won't rat on the creepy Josie! Oh, my God, Kristen beat CJ! OMG, Kristen is back in the competition! OMG, after being eliminated, Kristen wins!! Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 16501/17/2013

CJ is finally out?

JUSTICE!

I agree with the above poster that now Top Chef needs huge drama and fighting to make it relevant. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 16601/17/2013

The editing has been very weird. Usually when they make a point of a specific instance like Josie not getting the bones in the day before, the judges force it to come out. I suppose they could be going for "Kristen the martyr" edit especially if she makes it back in. Padma was gunning for her, though, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 16701/17/2013

Tweet from former contestant Casey:

"Just watching #TopChef anymore gives me an ulcer. Way too many fed lines and bickering. Sigh. I may be done.”

by Anonymousreply 16801/17/2013

The fake OTT drama on the Housewives has killed all other Bravo shows which now just try to mimic the inane bickering. The funniest is the staged outbursts of that plastic-surgery-disaster matchmaker when she starts screaming at "clients".

by Anonymousreply 16901/17/2013

I knew exactly what was up when Padma was going hard after Kristen at the judge's table - it all seemed so phony because Kristen didn't deserve all that overly harsh criticism and Jodie's an ass and they always need an ass to hang around and cause trouble. R165 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 17001/17/2013

Gail vs Padma at judge's table was so staged. Gail was way over the top in her Kristen bashing, and both of them clearly looked uncomfortable. Any cooking content show that still has Josie among the final "cheftestants" can't be anything but staged.

by Anonymousreply 17101/17/2013

To be fair, over-the-top drama and bickering have always been a part of Top Chef (and most commercial kitchens). It's not any worse now. Just look at Top Chef (Season 2): Los Angeles if you want to see psychotic drama and infighting. Talk about an unlikeable group of chefs.

Nothing has matched Season 2 for the fighting and drama (although Season 4 Chicago was close enough).

by Anonymousreply 17201/17/2013

Why do the producers of Top Chef feel it's necessary to feed lines to the chefs? We watch for the competition, not for the bickering and fake drama. I guess I'm naive, but I thought Top Chef was above that kind of manipulation. Shame on Tom, Padma and Gail.

by Anonymousreply 17301/17/2013

For a brief stint of time (2005-8), Bravo was featuring classy, high-quality, gay-friendly TV programming. Then the Housewives/Shahs franchise came along, and it's just so trashy (and not even in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 17401/17/2013

Does Josie ride the short bus? She looks and sounds a bit, ahem, challenged.

by Anonymousreply 17501/17/2013

Micah is on Grindr. Not under his own name, but it's definitely him... His features are very recognizable. (If it's someone impersonating him, they must have stolen a candid photo of him.)

by Anonymousreply 17601/17/2013

Huh, r171.

It was Padma who did the over the top Kristin bashing.

I got the impression that both Emeril and Gail wanted to send Josie packing.

Emeril complained twice that Josie gave him raw AND overcooked seafood and Gail said that Josie has been skating by wk after wk.

by Anonymousreply 17701/17/2013

Interesting, R176. So Josie didn't just pull out the "closeted gay" comment out of thin air? Truth be told, Micah = classic "gay guy pretending to be straight guy" (See: Robert Kardashian Jr.).

by Anonymousreply 17801/17/2013

link to Micah on grindr please

by Anonymousreply 17901/17/2013

Barack Obama is an American? Link, please. The Moon landing? Link, please. My own existence? Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 18001/17/2013

LOL r165

At least CHOPPED is judged on the merits.

by Anonymousreply 18101/18/2013

Why do the chefs on this show always say a "little bit"of this, a "little bit" of that when describing their dishes? Its so annoying, for example; Duck Confiet with a little bit of garlic mash or arugula tossed with a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil. Is this some kind of trendy hipster chef thing? They say it ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 18201/18/2013

Contrived or not it still makes for riveting TV that's why you just watched it and are commenting on it here.

by Anonymousreply 18301/18/2013

Josie is the most loathsome "chef" ever on this show. She makes Lisa look like Rebecca of Sunnycunt Farms. I do wish that Kristen had said something and not taken the high road. The finalists should be her and Brook. So I'm sure that she will pop up again. It's just so aggravating that this show which used to seem to aspire to something more realistic than other "reality" shows has now fallen victim to Bravo-itis. Maybe Lisa Vanderpump and Ramona Singer could compete on the next season.

by Anonymousreply 18401/18/2013

Ramona would be a welcome addition to ANY show.

by Anonymousreply 18501/18/2013

The most infuriating thing about Josie's behavior and it's at the top of a really long list is that during the team challenge she seemed to be purposely sabotaging Kristen's project. She is an incompetent and horrible chef but this revealed her to be a awful person to boot. She knows she won't make it to the end so why does she have to be so vile? Hate her with the heat of a million Samoan suns.

by Anonymousreply 18601/18/2013

Padma wanted Kristen out because she doesn't like women who are more beautiful than she is.

by Anonymousreply 18701/18/2013

R85 is absolutely right!

by Anonymousreply 18801/18/2013

I hope Kristin makes it back in to the finals. She'll prepare an amazing lady ham with girl mayo for the win.

by Anonymousreply 18901/19/2013

Josie is working my last nerve. She's smugly certain she's going to win this fried chicken challenge. Make her go away. Brooke is trying to be a nonconformist. I don't think that will work out very well for her, but I sincerely doubt she's going home.

by Anonymousreply 19001/23/2013

I didn't think it was possible, but this season is even more boring than last year's Texas season.

by Anonymousreply 19101/24/2013

Funny how they were just so irate with Josie the week AFTER Kristen conveniently got sent home, as if her eventual comeback wasn't already planned. This show has become more and more manipulated, and they don't even try to hide it anymore.

By the way, all these esteemed chefs who come to judge always make themselves look like assholes.

by Anonymousreply 19201/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 19301/24/2013

But Josie is a lesbian so we have to love her. Do we have to love her yellow horse teeth?

by Anonymousreply 19401/24/2013

Thank God that deluded, no talent cunt is gone!!

Pitiful sobbing she did at the start of the show, but I loved that Lizzie was completely indifferent to it--- as I would have been.

Also hysterical that Michelle Berstein said she couldn't and wouldn't eat another bite of Josie's wonderful fried chicken.

I think Stefan is just there to play. He has zero desire to win the thing.

True in some cases r192....

Wolfgang Puck was an asshole and so were those 2 other guys, but Emeril always carries himself well and so did that Asian guest judge.

Figures Padma would be the one to lick fingers at the dinner table. GROSS

by Anonymousreply 19501/24/2013

I've lost all respect for Wolfgang Putz. He comes across as a major douchebag. I can also see him sexually harassing his female employees.

by Anonymousreply 19601/24/2013

Can anyone explain why the hashtags #saveCJ and #saveKomiko were in the upper left corner of the screen all during the new episode?

Am I missing something? Both of them have been knocked out of Last Chance Kitchen (at least according to what people post here - I've stopped watching those mini episodes). Have they announced some side contest to bring one of those 2 back in addition to whoever survives Last Chance???

by Anonymousreply 19701/24/2013

Yeah, viewers get to vote on 1 chef to bring back.

So far, CJ and Komiko are the running favorites.

Just thank God that no one likes or respects Josie, so she has no chance in hell of being voted back. That cunt is GONE.

by Anonymousreply 19801/24/2013

So did Kirsten or is it Kristin???? Beat Josie the she-beast on Last Chance Kitchen? I can't watch those only the main show. Thanks!

Also agree with comments about Wolfgang Puck what a sleazy old wanker he is.

by Anonymousreply 19901/27/2013

Kristin did beat Josie in LCK.

But I agree with R165, it's all predetermined!

If you can't/won't watch LCK, go to r164's link and scroll down.

The posters tell you pretty quickly who won.

by Anonymousreply 20001/27/2013

Thanks a lot r200. I would actually like Kristin to win or any of the remaining women.

Stefan doesn't need it. Josh is so filthy looking and not in a good way it seems he is morphing into an actual pig.

by Anonymousreply 20101/27/2013

I agree that Stefan doesn't seem like he's into the competition. And you're not that good, dude. His attitude gets a little old. Kristen or Sheldon should win.

by Anonymousreply 20201/28/2013

OMG, Curtis Stone is one of the most handsome men I've ever seen. What a god!

by Anonymousreply 20301/30/2013

SPOILER

Kristen vs Stefan- Last Chance Kitchen

ingredient- Offal

Stefan though his opponent would be Bart or Kristen.

Winner- Kristen.

2 strong dishes. Kristen's had more balance.

Stefan was gracious in the loss.

by Anonymousreply 20401/30/2013

What is with Josh and the hats?

by Anonymousreply 20501/31/2013

Does Hugh like the mansex?

by Anonymousreply 20601/31/2013

Hugh seems bi.

by Anonymousreply 20701/31/2013

Colicchio gets more annoying with each episode. Is he even THAT successful in his restaurant ventures?

by Anonymousreply 20801/31/2013

Stephan's crispy pork looked really good, I have to say. Josh's scrambled scallops looked gross.

by Anonymousreply 20901/31/2013

Josh is one note. Breakfast, pork, blah, blah.

by Anonymousreply 21002/01/2013

Used to like Padma now, not so much.

Almost seems like she's against the females.

by Anonymousreply 21102/01/2013

Do you think Padma and Curtis Stone fucked after they filmed the episode? They'd make a gorgeous couple.

by Anonymousreply 21202/01/2013

That scene where Curtis and Padmahhhhhhh were having a little conversation on the deck of the boat was so painful to watch. There was not one ounce of chemistry between them. She likes em old and with lots of money. Whore. Also I hope Brooke wins.

by Anonymousreply 21302/01/2013

R212 - Doubtful. Padma only dates/ sleeps with the super wealthy. Salman Rushdie, Teddy Forstmann, Adam Dell. Curtis Stone is fairly recently married to the actress Lindsay Price.

by Anonymousreply 21402/01/2013

Still missing Tyler's baby blues... I want him deep in me!

by Anonymousreply 21502/01/2013

Curtis and Lindsey had a son last year.

by Anonymousreply 21602/01/2013

I fear that ex-dishwasher Sheldon might be out. Hugh Acheson is working that jacket vest.

by Anonymousreply 21702/06/2013

[quote] OMG, Curtis Stone is one of the most handsome men I've ever seen.

Curtis Stone is very, very gay.

[quote] Hugh seems bi

He really does. Or maybe we just wish, because he's so damned cute. Could it be a case of, "he's not gay, he's British!" But instead, it should be, "he's not bi, he's Canadian!" Hugh is freakin adorable, and quite sexually ambiguous.

[quote] Used to like Padma now, not so much. Almost seems like she's against the females.

Are you kidding? She seems to hate Sheldon, and her contempt for him practically jumps off the television screen. She's always knocking his dishes, and her "bye Lizzie, it was so nice meeting you" was more like a "Lizzie it should have been Sheldon instead of you."

Speaking of Lizzie, her story about her dad made me cry. She seems so genuine. At first I mistook her for cold and stand-offish, but I "get" her now. She's just a very dedicated chef. And she really seems to have a soft heart.

This whole episode had me tearing up for her. I know... MARY!

[quote] I fear that ex-dishwasher Sheldon might be out.

I thought Sheldon was a goner, the way they were criticizing his food and his use of "chum."

For sure, though, he's gone in the next episode. Will the winner of Last Chance Kitchen be back next week? This is when they added Beverly back into the comp. last year, wasn't it?

Looks like there will be at least 3 more weeks until the finale. I'm rooting for Brooke. She's cute and sweet. Actually, they're all nice, so this is a win-win-win, even if Kristen or Lizzie comes back.

I'm actually enjoying this season.

by Anonymousreply 21802/07/2013

How the hell is bacon king Josh in the final three? Lizzie should have gotten that spot over him.

by Anonymousreply 21902/07/2013

Hugh is an annoying judge. Not a fan. I guess he's there to be the harsh but witty bad guy one.

I liked Lizzie but it did look like she went too simple even if she nailed the bread. I think Sheldon or Brooke should win. please don't let it be bacon boy.

by Anonymousreply 22002/07/2013

They kept Josh for his "compelling" baby story. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 22102/07/2013

Someone needs to inform Josh that bacon is not a food group. Lizzie was sweet and talented but kind of meek. They probably wanted three (or four if you count Kristen) aggressive personalities (translation: better chance of conflict/drama) competing in the final rounds.

by Anonymousreply 22202/07/2013

Sheldon is an aggressive personality?

by Anonymousreply 22302/07/2013

r223, poor choice of words. I probably meant the chefs that have more colorful personalities.

by Anonymousreply 22402/07/2013

I want Brooke or Kristen to win. Hope she comes back. I don't mind if Sheldon pulls something great out of his ass, but I think Josh is on borrowed time. He should have left about 5 episodes ago.

He will not win so it's kinda fucked up he is not with his wife for the birth of his child. An he aint winning any money either.

by Anonymousreply 22502/07/2013

Josh was a pretty handsome guy before he grew that ridiculous beard and gained all that weight.

by Anonymousreply 22602/07/2013

I like Josh's look and find him hot as hell. It was this hotness that blinded me to his small-minded homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 22702/07/2013

It was a smart career move for a second-tier chef like Josh to go on the show. Chefs who do well on the show usually go on to lucrative consultant careers.

Once you appear on the show, Bravo gets 10% of your future income for 5 years. They also have to approve any job or endorsement deal you take during that time. This rule applies to all of their reality shows. It's called the "Bravo Tax." For instance, Bravo got 10% of the money that Bethenny received when she sold Skinny Girl.

by Anonymousreply 22802/07/2013

Tom Colicchio made a funny quip when they were talking about the black bears that were in the woods nearby. I can't remember his exact quote, but it was something about how he's well liked by the bears.

by Anonymousreply 22902/07/2013

Brooke seems to be the most polished and refined chef. I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 23002/07/2013

So on Last Chance Kitchen, Lizzie and Kirsten were challenged to cook a fish dish outdoors on an open campfire. Kind of cool idea. Lizzie used salmon again because she was disappointed that she'd just screwed up a salmon dish. Tom said that if she'd have prepared this dish instead of the one she did in the competition, she would probably have won that week instead of being eliminated. Great compliment, but still not good enough because Kristen won. She stays alive and only has to defeat one more chef before she's back in the competition.

by Anonymousreply 23102/07/2013

r229, he mentioned that the bears were his fan base.

by Anonymousreply 23202/07/2013

I'm not sure how much of a gay fan base Tom still has after his sour attitude the past two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 23302/07/2013

I believe it was/is predetermined that Kristin will win Last Chance Kitchen. Based on Colicchio's comments I think Lizzie probably had the better dish.

by Anonymousreply 23402/07/2013

[quote]I'm not sure how much of a gay fan base Tom still has after his sour attitude the past two seasons.

The bears still love Tom. No one gives a shit about any perceived "sour attitude" on a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 23502/08/2013

Exactly, r234, which is why it's hard to take this competition with anything other than a grain of salt. They don't even try to hide the obvious manipulations anymore. I like Kristin, but the tired "I am noble so I will take the blame, get eliminated, and come back to claim my victory" is a laughable arc.

And how is it fair that the person gets to come back just to compete in the finale?

by Anonymousreply 23602/08/2013

If they are letting viewers vote a favorite chef to come back into competition (in addition to the winner of Last Chance), then they must be filming the finale close to the time of broadcast. That's different for Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 23702/08/2013

Hey gang, looks like I'm gonna' win and bring home the..wait for it... BACON!

by Anonymousreply 23802/13/2013

So who advances from last chance kitchen to the finals? SPOILERS PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 23902/13/2013

Josh went up against Kristin and Lizzie(Save a Chef winner) in Last Chance Kitchen. Josh was eliminated first, thank goodness, and we won't know who won between Kristin and Lizzie until next week. Tom appeared to like Lizzie's dish the best, but I have a feeling he wants Kristin to win, so it could go either way.

by Anonymousreply 24002/14/2013

As much as I love Kristen, I hope she loses so that the "RIGGED!!!" queen will STFU.

by Anonymousreply 24102/15/2013

While Kristin has proven to be an amazing chef, based on concept and appearance alone, I doubt her LCK pasta could possibly be tastier than Lizzie's black cod.

by Anonymousreply 24202/15/2013

[quote]Once you appear on the show, Bravo gets 10% of your future income for 5 years. They also have to approve any job or endorsement deal you take during that time. This rule applies to all of their reality shows. It's called the "Bravo Tax." For instance, Bravo got 10% of the money that Bethenny received when she sold Skinny Girl.

This is made-up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 24302/15/2013

Can we go back to discussing Spike's hole and its many, many, many untold secrets?

by Anonymousreply 24402/15/2013

Kristin is a lesbian despite what she said at the beginning of the season.

by Anonymousreply 24502/15/2013

[quote]Can we go back to discussing Spike's hole and its many, many, many untold secrets?

This is a thread about the current season, hunty, not a thread from 2008.

by Anonymousreply 24602/15/2013

Sheldon is so cute it hurts. Best smile ever.

by Anonymousreply 24702/16/2013

Sheldon needs to stop with the "I'm not familiar with that cuisine," "I've never used those ingredients," "I know nothing about anything" BS commentary. Makes him sound like a stupid rube who stumbled into the finals.

Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 24802/16/2013

I liked when Sheldon said, "I wish I had some really good reefer!" Cute.

by Anonymousreply 24902/16/2013

If you look at the preview for the finale, there's a shot of someone using a mandoline slicing up some vegetables. It's Kristin's arm, you can see her tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 25002/16/2013

It was so obvious who was going to be eliminated last week. Once bacon boy's baby drama arc concluded, there was no reason to keep him around. One of the judges mentioned that Brooke was a prodigy, so it was obvious she was going to make it to the finale. And btw, I'm kind of sick of Brooke and her "what, who me?" responses. And I hate when women call guys "dudes."

by Anonymousreply 25102/16/2013

Anyone care to watch tonight?

It's part 1 of the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 25202/20/2013

Catching up on the last 2 episodes, and I must say that Hugh was looking mighty fine at the salmon bake.

by Anonymousreply 25302/20/2013

SPOILER

Ready?

R250 was spot on!

by Anonymousreply 25402/20/2013

Brooke's husband is so unattractive; hope their little boy doesn't get his Pinocchio nose.

by Anonymousreply 25502/20/2013

I thought the same thing, r255.

He's certainly not a looker. He has such a dweebish quality to him.

by Anonymousreply 25602/20/2013

All girl finale!!

We saw Sheldon's wife.

Brooke's husband.

Next week we damn well better see Kristen's sapphic sweetie pie!

by Anonymousreply 25702/20/2013

So sad for Sheldon. I really thought he would go all the way, especially with the way the producers did the editing.

If you were to go based on edit alone, you would think that Kristin should have gone home. Her chocolate mess, her salty appetizer, and her entree that wasn't well received, all implied that her overall performance was the weakest.

Indeed, why show the judges oohing and ahhing over Sheldon's prawns, and then the patron saying that his dessert was the best thing ever, and then send him home? I swear, someone (*Tom C.*) has a major hardon for Kristin.

Plus, her specialty is French cuisine, while Sheldon's is Filipino food. Not a fair match up, and it shows what food snobs the judges are. In the end, they'll always defer to those who are "classically trained" (READ: EURO CUISINE TRAINED), as the "superior" chef.

Top Chef really needs to break out of this Euro-centric mentality of what constitutes a good chef. There are so many delicious and complex cuisines in the world - and not all of them are French or Italian.

That said, I think that Sheldon was in the competition way past his shelf life. It seems that the producers kept him on because he was a nice guy and a fun personality. A Lizzie, Josh, and Brook final three would have bored anyone to tears. They're all so glum.

I really appreciate Sheldon because he has so much joy when he cooks, and he really has a great perspective on where his job fits within the grand scheme of things.

Conversely, although I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Brook as a person, she just seems so... joy-less. I guess as a cooking "prodigy," she has been doing it for a long time, but she doesn't seem to enjoy it.

Between Sheldon's and Brook's back story, Sheldon seemed to relish being a chef, while Brook seemed to view it as a burden.

Kristin is a doll, and I don't begrudge the judges advancing her to the finale. In the big picture, they must see her as the only one who can legitimately challenge Brook, as opposed to the "dish washer turned chef" going up against her. Understandable.

However, as many have pointed out, this was obviously predetermined. And the only thing that went wrong was that Kristin fell on her sword at Restaurant Wars, and the producers had to get it back on track by having her win the Last Chance Kitchen.

Mission accomplished.

Whatever the case, Brook will win. There have been too many "prodigy" references, and "sacrifice" references, and guest chefs lauding her (that Choi guy and the two chefs who said they applied to work for her and got turned down), for Brook not to win.

Whatever. She seems nice enough. And she would be the only other female winner besides Stephanie, so it seems about time.

Top Chef, however, is becoming so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 25802/21/2013

Of course they find another way to get CJ back on the show in the finale - and he overcooks something.

by Anonymousreply 25902/21/2013

I guessed it was Sheldon during the show. He seemed a little sad in the interviews and they gave him a lot of tv time. Granted there were only 3 contestants to choose from, but it seemed like an homage to him on his last day.

by Anonymousreply 26002/21/2013

Sheldon did a Carla. Why deviate from what got you there. Why would he cook quail?

Brook was a a mess but her food seemed to be the best so I saw her going through.

Kristen got through because of fennel I think. They both had their mistakes on their dishes but he screwed up two.

Appetizer: Sheldon Entree: Brooke Desert: Brooke

Although Sheldon won for appetizer, he came in 3rd for entree and desert. I thought Kristen was mediocre in all dishes. I think she rocks though and shouldn't have been out cuz of Josie to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 26102/21/2013

I believe the finalists are supposed to be on Anderson Cooper's daytime gay fest of a talk show Wednesday. At least that's what my cable guide says.

by Anonymousreply 26202/25/2013

This finale is painfully obvious. Kristin and Brooke will each win 2 challenges (so far it Kristin with 2 vs. Brooke with 1), with Brooke breaking the tie to win the 5th challenge. Kristin already had her redemption arc, so this is Brooke's (who's been consistent all season) to win.

BDF Hosea is in the audience as is that awfully annoying Josie. I don't see bi Asian Dale.

by Anonymousreply 26302/27/2013

Brooke's a bitch with her comment that Kristen was her only competition. Glad Kristen won so Brooke can slink back home with her ugly husband.

by Anonymousreply 26402/27/2013

I thought it would go that way too, r263. The last 15 minutes held absolutely no suspense. At that point, K had already one 2 out of 3 challenges, and there was no time left for any additional challenges for B to get back in the race. I do think it kind of sucks that K, who had been eliminated, went on to win, while B, who had one so many challenges over the season, ultimately lost.

btw, so apparently K is not lez. She said on WWHL that she's developed her first female crush on Gail Simmons. She said she's straight and has never felt that way before. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 26502/28/2013

I didn't like the format. Too Iron Chef. It was disrespectful to both finalists who should have been able to cook through an entire menu and not plate by plate.

Paul from last season is cute.

by Anonymousreply 26602/28/2013

Josie was annoying as ever. She looks borderline challenged.

by Anonymousreply 26702/28/2013

Boy, this thread really petered out at the end here.

by Anonymousreply 26802/28/2013

It was kind of weird. All you had to do was look at the time to realize that Kristin would win 3-1.

by Anonymousreply 26902/28/2013

People still watch this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 27002/28/2013

This was a very weird season. I can't believe that Kristin won, even though it was obvious by the time the episode aired.

Kristin was gone halfway through the season, and barely appeared on the show. And yet there she is at the finale, winning. Strange.

You know, the judging on the show can be so easily manipulated. With Tom judging "Last Chance Kitchen," and a little tweak of the judges on the panel, it's easy to steer the judging towards a favored contestant.

Brook looked PISSED throughout the competition, first at the surprise of having an audience of 300 people (PRESSURE!), then at the judges favoring Kristen ("apparently the judges thought Kristen's dish was perfect"). She was majorly snarky and rolled her eyes quite a bit throughout the competition.

However, she was gracious on the aftershow.

I don't think I like Last Chance Kitchen. It just doesn't seem fair.

Anyway, Kristin clearly came out of the closet on Watch What Happens Live, and I think she was in a relationship with her "friend and roommate" who appeared with her on the show.

As I said, what a weird season.

by Anonymousreply 27102/28/2013

All of the former winners looked like crap.

by Anonymousreply 27203/01/2013

I totally agree with R269. It took away all the suspense. I also agree that the format just did not work. As another poster said, it was too Iron Chef. Why did they do that? It kind of ruined it for me.

by Anonymousreply 27303/01/2013

I thought the Iron Chef touch was a fun idea, and since I watched a recording of it, I didn't realize it was so close to the end and the K would win, so it was a nice surprise. But I've got to know the motivation of the R270-type person. Don't we all know someone like this? Everything sucks, everything is lame, you're lame for liking that, it's not cool anymore blah blah blah. Feh.

by Anonymousreply 27403/01/2013

The producers have really ruined this show with the Texas and Seattle seasons. And then capping it off with the Iron Chef rip-off finale was the final nail in the coffin. It's obvious that Tom, Padma and Gail are over it, too.

by Anonymousreply 27503/01/2013

Colicchio is already on record complaining about the finale. He also pointed out that the format and timing issues drained the suspense from Kristen's win. I doubt that'll be back next season, if there is one. This show does feel like it's on its last legs.

by Anonymousreply 27603/01/2013

I guess Top Chef: Just Desserts with Gail Simmons is never coming back. I liked that show better.

by Anonymousreply 27703/01/2013

I laughed when they interviewed Kristen's roommate who said "For the record we aren't lesbians". Who did she think she was fooling??

by Anonymousreply 27803/01/2013

I didn't like the finale format either.

by Anonymousreply 27903/01/2013

I wasn't a big fan of the finale either. It sucked the tension out of the narrative and build. Anti-climax. If anything, the finale could have been two hours. They didn't show them pick teams. There could have been more story about their last day in the competition and reflections on the show. More about what they were preparing. I would have liked a little more story on the 9 previous winners too.

It shoulda been a 2 hour finale I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 28003/01/2013

No more Last Chance Kitchen, and get back to NY or LA. Enough Top Chef Podunk--no one cares, including the people of Podunk.

by Anonymousreply 28103/01/2013

Tom biting his lip for 90 seconds before he said Kristen's name was a damn joke. They even made Emeril do that crap.

And, that quick, exaggerated hug that Padma gave Kristen after she won made me LMAO!

On the after show, Cohen knew people were pissed at Padma and that Josie was a despised cunt, so I just wonder how many people the show has surfing the internet in order to get a hold of what the buzz is about Top Chef.

I liked Brooke, but I really wanted Kristen to win. I also thought she would win fan favorite, but that vote and the 10,000 went to Sheldon.

Kristen's brother was good looking and her dad was sweet.

by Anonymousreply 28203/01/2013

Does Kristen have a profile on Grindr, like closeted Micah? What about her dad?

by Anonymousreply 28303/01/2013

Is Padma trying to push Gail Simmons off the show? Gail's presence has been dramatically reduced in favor of that nasty Emeril.

by Anonymousreply 28403/01/2013

[quote] I guess Top Chef: Just Desserts with Gail Simmons is never coming back.

Oh, that show is such a secret pleasure of mine. However, nothing will EVER top season one. The craziness and campiness of that season was incredible. It was just the best.

Seth was a one in a million find. "The red hots are for my mommyyyyyyy!!!!"

That show was a hot mess but it was oooooohhh so good.

[quote] Does Kristen have a profile on Grindr, like closeted Micah?

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Link, please, to Micah's Grindr profile!

by Anonymousreply 28503/01/2013

OK, first off, Grindr is for men, so I'm not clear what R283 is getting at -- that said, what was wild when the "best friend and roommate" had to have a special insert to insist that they are not lesbians, was that if you watch her body language closely, she actually closes her eyes when she says it, then opens them but looks way off to side -- it's amazingly obvious "I'm lying" body language.

by Anonymousreply 28603/03/2013

I always got the impression the best friend was into Kristin, but not vice versa, hence no lesbian relationship.

by Anonymousreply 28703/03/2013

I loved Top Chef Just Desserts. They should bring it back. I hate how they destroyed Top Chef Masters. This season's finale of the mothership sucked, the Iron Chef thing should have been the next to the last challenge and then the finale should have been what it has always been. I don't like Last Chance Kitchen either, but this year I gave it pass because Kristen was eliminated way too soon because of that obnoxious cow.

by Anonymousreply 28803/03/2013

The problem with both Desserts and Masters, R288, is a subset of the problem with the main TC -- there just aren't enough good cheftestants anymore to fill all these shows, esp. with Chopped and Chef Wanted and all these other reality shows in the mix now too. The dessert and master chef categories are even narrower, so those niches ran dry even faster than the mothership -- both of those shows could really sustain only one good season. The main reason why TC is getting so uninteresting, relying more on gimmicks, and producing meh winners is that there just aren't that many chefs out there who are both good enough chefs and good enough on TV.

by Anonymousreply 28903/03/2013

Do any of you watch "Worst Cooks in America" on the Food Channel? I think it's the best cooking reality show on TV, by far. Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay are so good as the hosts, and the producers always seem to find compelling contestants every season.

by Anonymousreply 29003/03/2013

Holy Crap!

Tom Colicchio used to look like this...

Hot, but in a different way than he is now.

by Anonymousreply 29103/04/2013

Saw Tom on Chris Hayes this past weekend and he is so sexy. Great smile and eyes and his voice is something that could convince me to almost vote for a Republican. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 29203/05/2013

The worst cooking show is The Taste with Top Chef's Brian Malarkey. What a big fucking douche he turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 29303/05/2013

Have they aired the reunion show yet? I never saw a torrent for it.

by Anonymousreply 29403/06/2013

r294

I don;t think they do reunion shows anymore for TC and PR

by Anonymousreply 29503/10/2013

Damn, I wanted to see if Josie had the nerve to show her face.

Has Kristin come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 29603/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.