Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Les Miz trailer

Right, now the election is done, onto the next big thing....

Adore the visuals, but some of the vocals sound weak. I'm hoping it's not the final mix, because Crowe and Redmayne sound a bit weak.

Have at it, bitches.

by V. Hugo reply 1911/11/2012

Can't wait! Great timing here in the USA too. DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING? Yes, we do.

by V. Hugo reply 111/08/2012

Paris looks too much like London, Eponine is too beautiful and made-up and HBC's hair and makeup unfortunately recall her much-hated interpretation of Mrs. Lovett. Otherwise, I have no problem with it and am looking forward to it.

by V. Hugo reply 211/08/2012

Why would people who have seen this chestnut so many times over the last 25 years pay to see it in movie form? It just doesn't make sense. Granted the theater going segment of the general population isn't that large, but the story is archaic and likely of little interest to those more focused on ebonics and rap. Hell, even the white wannabees wouldn't pay money to see this story.

by V. Hugo reply 311/08/2012

R3 you missed your cue, cunt.

by V. Hugo reply 411/08/2012

Really r3? REALLY? Are you that stupid, or are you a 12 year old boy? Do you sit around mother's basementplaying World of Warcraft while she's upstairs cutting the crusts off your grilled cheese? Or are you just some vapid queen who flips in between Honey Boo Boo and Real Housewives of Who Gives a Shit?

Les Miserables was written in 1862 and to this day is still one of the world's most popular and widely read books (I'm sure I'm enlightening you right now by revealing that it was a book long before a musical). The book was written by France's most celebrated author. The musical is the world's most popular musical, has been translated into dozens of different languages and to this day is a guaranteed sell out, even on every tour stop in every podunk town. Even people who don't go to musicals go see Les Miserables live on stage. I know that for a fact because I worked on the show, and I'm proud of my experiences with Les Miserables. People will see the movie.

This is a new way of seeing the beloved show performed with an extremely talented group of A-list movie stars, who can actually sing, directed by an Oscar winning, well-respected director.

I highly doubt you've read the novel, seen the show or even can pronounce the title, or you would know that the reason Les Miserables has been so popular since 1862 is because the themes and the story will never be archaic.

I can't believe I even wasted my time responding to such a flagrant display of assholism.

PS - there's more to moviegoing audiences than ebonics, rap and white wannabees. I feel sorry for simple minds with simple tastes, like yourself.

by V. Hugo reply 511/08/2012

This is going to be a bomb. At least in the U.S.

by V. Hugo reply 611/08/2012

Jackman and Hathaway sound great! Good voices, and being all soft and expressive until some good belting is called for.

Seyfried and Crowe don't seem to be up to the demands of the score.

by V. Hugo reply 811/08/2012

Seyfried with surprise you. Thought Eddie sounded great. Not so impressed with Crowe but he'll probably be fine. Boham Carter looks too Tim Burton. It's a crappy cut with so many disjointed chunks of the song.

This thing is going to set records, though.

by V. Hugo reply 911/08/2012

The movie looks like it will be great.

by V. Hugo reply 1011/08/2012

This thing better not flop. The biggest backer of this production is the Mormon Church and they just had a flop of gargantuan proportions. Two in a row might make a dent in their finances.

by V. Hugo reply 1211/08/2012

I have no desire to see this.

by V. Hugo reply 1311/08/2012

Hathaway's caterwauling makes me run to Youtube to listen to Lea Salonga sing the way that song was meant to be sung.

by V. Hugo reply 1411/08/2012

I just ffed r11.

I can't wait to see this. Unless I get talked into seeing "Skyfall" first, Les Miz will be the first time since "Public Enemies" that I will see a film in a theatre.

I wish the roles were traded between Jackman and Crowe. I'd love to see if Jackman could be a convincing Javert, and, otoh, I'd like to have Crowe play a purely sympathetic character; something he hasn't done in a while.

by V. Hugo reply 1511/09/2012

by V. Hugo reply 1611/09/2012

R15, why don't you go to the theatre for movies? Shitty audiences?

by V. Hugo reply 1711/11/2012

Sorry, I love Anne Hathaway, but she was making me cringe. I could NEVER believe her as a French prostitute struggling to keep herself and daughter alive during the Revolution.

Country club princess, Oscar host, fine...but come on..

by V. Hugo reply 1811/11/2012

Exactly R18. I want to like her but...she's not that good of an actress.

My favourite Anne Hathaway scene is in One Day when she gets mowed down by that truck on her motorcycle. Just the idea that the dumb cunt couldn't say no to a terrible script like that and thought she could play a chubby British wallflower...

by V. Hugo reply 1911/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!