Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Republicans are going all to start a race war

Every GOP pundit I've seen is blaming their loss on Blacks, hispanics, and other minorities with absolutely no remorse for their own misogyny, stupid destructive policies or Mitt Romney's ineptitude.

They are blatantly trying to turn their white voters against all minorities. Not that they haven't always - but this is a new level of sheer hate mongering I've not seen before.

This is so disgusting and frankly terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 5111/09/2012

Why do you even bother listening to this bullshit? THEY LOST. THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. You BOTH need to LET IT GO.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

It's disgusting and terrifying alright.

But, they lost.

And they lost because they've always been disgusting and terrifying.

Ever since the Civil War, they've been the same bitter people who blame everyone but themselves for their own loss.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

What else is new? It's been a Republican tactic since 1968 (Nixon) post the Civil Rights Act- and it has worked! In fact tried again with the Obama is Muslim/birther bullshit.

Unfortunately the numbers are changing and one white vote = one black vote etc.

Not a thing they can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

Marshall Law!!!

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

Watching the Republican meltdown has been utterly delicious.

Rather than try to mend ties with the Latino community, they are playing the blame game and alienating them even further.

I never thought in my lifetime that I would get to see the Republicans so gruesomely self-destruct, and I am LOVING every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

Fuck them. They lost to a black guy who has little problem with women or gays. It must sting for idiots who see themselves as the infallible sons of the founding fathers.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

With the same coalition that re-elected Obama we can take back the house in two years and further cripple the fuckers

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

The most important thing you can do is let people know that not all white people hate Obama and voted against him. "In order for evil to prevail it is only necessary that good men do nothing."

It is time that these assholes feel the pressure of intimidation and learn to keep their mouths shut. They need to understand that as vocal as they are, they are not the dominant opinion.

And if you ever experience anything vaguely resembling workplace intimidation or harrassment, like a boss or supervisor disparaging people who voted for Obama file a complaint or make a stink. Zero Tolerance!

The fact is, we need to be calm but dismissive. A woman at my office made a crack about him winning and I said, you know what, it's over! I am tired of politics! Lets talk about Christmas, then I asked her about some recipe and she was fine. These people are crazy. They are like patients in a psych ward.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

Some of these people are deliberately trying to provoke problems. You have to rise above it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

If they are that unhappy, they probably should think about leaving the country. I'll help them pack.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

What's funny is that it has been a persistant claim of the far right that, should Obama lose reelection, "the blacks" would riot. We see which group is truly unhinged and volatile among our electorate.

Also laugh worthy is Bill O'Reilly and other neocon trash claiming that the Obama electorate feels itself entitled to "things." It seems to me that the most entitled among us are these white nationalists who think they own the White House.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

I would like to personally thank the white people who turned their backs on cray cray and joined with their black, Hispanic, gay, and female brothers and sisters to send a message that the politics of hate, divisiveness, and stupidity weren't gonna fly this time around. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

You're welcome, R-13. But there really wasn't much choice no matter what my color or orientation. I cannot support hatred.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

Remember "Viva Bush" from one of Barb's brown grandchildren at that convention years ago, lol.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

Let them, OP.

It's that rhetoric that made this mess for them, so let them dig themselves deeper, let them push themselves further to the margins.

Think about it: Their base is wildly racist and anti-immigration, yet the party leaders (who have been whipping the base into that frenzy for years) suddenly find they're in desperate need to appeal to minority and Hispanic voters.

This is why this election was such a devastating wake-up call for the Repubs. Because it's not just a loss this round, but the people at top now realize they have no future, and no way to change course. That's what those long faces on Fox News were all about.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2012

According to the NY Times- "professional whites" vote for Obama- that is to say, the more educated ones. In my case that is my entire (white family) and all of my white friends in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012

They really fucked up. Had the Republicans courted Mexican Americans, they could have picked up some votes, though probably not the majority. I live in a border state which has lots of Mexican Americans running successful small businesses, most of them with Catholic backgrounds. Why did the Republicans ignore them?

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012

If it happens, will Michelle Malkin bathe herself in bleaching cream or will they let her stay on as a housen*gger?

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2012

2014 will be interesting. R8 is right. The only thing Republicans will understand is loss and loss again.

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2012

[quote] I live in a border state which has lots of Mexican Americans running successful small businesses, most of them with Catholic backgrounds. Why did the Republicans ignore them?

Because the Republican base is fearful, xenophobic and racist and Romney needed to pander to them to get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 2111/08/2012

Add this to their war on women, and they're now openly hostile to the majority of the population of the USA.

And they STILL can't figure out why the majority of the population votes aganist them!

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2012

I'm with R8. Change or die. I say we insure a Democratic victory in the House in 2014. Let's show Karl Rove how it's done.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

[quote]With the same coalition that re-elected Obama we can take back the house in two years and further cripple the fuckers

I am sure next time Rove will look at Nate Silver's poll estimates and set the voter fraud fix accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2012

I loved watching the results of this election. It was like the ending scene where the good guys who've been bullied around so long finally beats the odds. It was so thrilling to see the villian (Karl Rove and Fox News) make asses of themselves on tv, lol!

The real heroes were the people who waited 5 to 8 hours just to vote.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

If the republicans really want to win the next presidential election they will have to pick a candidate that's: a woman, has black/latino heritage and is gay friendly. They will have to choose Mariah Carey as their candidate

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

R26, your Mariah Carey comment made me laugh out loud. I could see the "Lambs for Mariah 2016" campaign buttons and stickers.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2012

Next?

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2012

[quote] I am sure next time Rove will look at Nate Silver's poll estimates and set the voter fraud fix accordingly.

HA! That's if Rove isn't "sleeping with the fishes," to use a quote from The Godfather.

Rove has upset some very RICH and very POWERFUL people, by taking their money, and losing almost every. single. race. that he assured them he would win. It's being reported in most media outlets.

Rove has lost cache and credibility. If TPTB could "erase" Rove, and get him out of the picture... they would.

Adelson lost almost a hundred million, and a lot of the 1% lost a bundle, as well.

I say FUCK THEM ALL! They got exactly what they deserved, and now they can fucking BEG for tax breaks - which I hope they don't get.

I'll be happy when all those rich fuckers get their heads on spikes, displayed on Wall Street, for the crows to come and eat.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2012

Start? They have been race-baiting since the 1950's. The Republican party IS the party of hate.

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2012

The media goes along with it. They say "Obama won because of the Hispanics" - as if that was the only group that voted for him, and as if the Republicans' inhuman policies and not very human ticket had nothing to do with it. There is a big silence from the mainstream media - they are pretending people did not want to vote for 1% greed, cruelty, and the usual lying and scapegoating of the Republican Party. They are almost saying Obama won on some technicality -rather than saying millions of Americans were rejecting the politics of corportate ultra-greed, scapegoating, and cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2012

Obama increased the number of white voters he had this time around. What is especially upsetting is that these bigoted repubs act as though Latinos, blacks and other minorities who are citizens of this country have no right to vote. This is just further proof of the dying dinosaur which is the white male mentality. I saw a very intelligent Republican female analyst on ABC the other night, Nicole Wallace, who said the party needs to start embracing all races, acknowledge times are changing and respect the pro-choice stance which is held by many Republican women who are reluctant to speak up. Ever since the religious right hijacked this party it has been downhill for them and they need to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2012

R4, "Marshall Law!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2012

Rove is already persona non grata. He's toast, they've already turned on him.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2012

A Tea Party acquaintance keeps posting Sore Loserville comments on entertainment gossip sites like JustJared and TMZ. Perhaps she thinks these comments will stand out more than if she posted on the conservative sites - where they would just blend with all the other hateful screeds.

From now on, she is only going to contribute to charities in red states, and only those that help American Indians.

I won't repeat what she has posted about Michelle Obama.

Childish, petty, CRAZY anger.

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2012

[quote] Ever since the religious right hijacked this party it has been downhill for them

Yes, and they have dragged the country down with them

They are the people that make the US the laughing stock of the world. People hear about them all of the time, and think there are no intelligent people in the US.

The whole point of the fundamentalist bloc was to create a bunch of brainwashed reliable voters for the Republican Party. All they fed them was hate and lies. They voted against there own self-interests because of the lies told to them and the hate fed to them. And now there are all of these hate-filled people with nowhere to go. People with no healthcare, being brainwashed to worship the 1%, people with no healthcare being brainwashed to hate the idea of universal healthcare. They should wake up and realize they were lied to by the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 3611/09/2012

Yea, blaming the dark and swarthy voters for their loss is seems like the logical choice, but what really did them in were women voters. It is no coincidence every Repub who spoke out against abortion and said rape was god's will lost their seat. Even conservative women lost. Somehow, the GOP thought declaring war on women was a smart move, forgetting that more women than men vote.

by Anonymousreply 3711/09/2012

What R13 said.

by Anonymousreply 3811/09/2012

Oh, and when I said "logical choice" I meant logical in the way the typical Regressive thinks. Not logical in the way people who live in the reality based community think.

by Anonymousreply 3911/09/2012

During the Viet Nam war the Republican mantra was U.S.A. love it or leave it. Don't here them bleeting that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2012

Ironically, this is a time for the Republicans, if they wish to have a future, to go "big tent" but the reaction of many of them is to become more racist, more chauvinistic about equating American culture with White American culture.

In other words, even when it comes to their very survival, they can't stop being morons.

by Anonymousreply 4111/09/2012

I feel a great sense of relief that Obama got elected to a second term. Four more years at least of rational thinking from the White House.

Hilary for 2016? I totally see her or another woman as Prez. But she's the most qualified IMO.

by Anonymousreply 4211/09/2012

...and also, if they do start a race war, they will suffer as much as those they target.

by Anonymousreply 4311/09/2012

[quote]The Republicans are going all to start a race war

Rupert Murdoch's instructions to his minions exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4411/09/2012

To play concern troll here, I remember seeing this same feeling after Obama won in 2008 by 7% and we had commanding leads in both Houses. And we saw how they still effectively took Obama's health care plan that the public supported and made it into this evil demon Obamacare. And they were the significant white minority then too.

Add to that that we have to stop them from continuing to win the elections that allow them to redistrict. We would likely have the House now if it weren't for what they did in 2010 with gerrymandering.

But to play the positive troll, Obama's campaign team is brilliant and I think that they need to figure out a way to transfer it (1) to a team that continues to spread his message while he is in office - something that he has struggled doing and (2) use that more effectively in the 2014 midterm elections.

by Anonymousreply 4511/09/2012

No, Sean Hannity has already said his position the immigration has "evolved"...

In two weeks, the republican caucus in the house will start with a pinata party.

The billionaire who were sucked out of millions for this election will demand the the "brown folks" be catered to...

by Anonymousreply 4611/09/2012

Right, R30? Why are people acting like this is something new?

by Anonymousreply 4711/09/2012

I'm sure 4R6, and they'll all start eating tacos for lunch. No thought will be given to larger issues that concern all voters, though.

by Anonymousreply 4811/09/2012

[quote]It was so thrilling to see the villian (Karl Rove and Fox News) make asses of themselves on tv, lol!

He was like the villain at the end of every Scooby Doo, screaming about meddling kids...and latinos...and women with self-respect.

[quote]The real heroes were the people who waited 5 to 8 hours just to vote.

The American voter should be Times Person of the Year.

by Anonymousreply 4911/09/2012

[quote]No, Sean Hannity has already said his position the immigration has "evolved"...

That Sean, he's such a man of principle.

by Anonymousreply 5011/09/2012

[quote]But to play the positive troll, Obama's campaign team is brilliant and I think that they need to figure out a way to transfer it (1) to a team that continues to spread his message while he is in office - something that he has struggled doing and (2) use that more effectively in the 2014 midterm elections.

ITA, r45. As soon as Obama was declared the winner, that's the first thing I thought of. Really, we need to keep these idiots down and OUT. We can't let them rise up from the dead with their prehistoric ideals.

by Anonymousreply 5111/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.