Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Las Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 'Mostly Hispanic' Employees Over Obama Win

Las Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 'Mostly Hispanic' Employees Over Obama Win

A business owner in Las Vegas on Wednesday told a CBS radio station that he had fired 22 of his 114 "mostly Hispanic" employees because President Barack Obama had won re-election.

"I've done my share of educating my employees," business owner "David," who refused to use his real name on air, told KSNT radio host Kevin Wall. "I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system that we have. I believe in everybody having their right to choose who they want to be president."

"And I explained that I always put them first and, unfortunately, I'm at a point now -- and am being forced to -- that I have to worry about me and my family now," he continued. "I explained to them a month ago, if Obama gets in office, the regulations for Obamacare are going to hurt our business, and I am going to have to make provision to make sure that I have enough money to cover payroll taxes, the additional health care I'm going to have to do. And I explained that to them, and I said, 'You do what you feel you need to do, but I'm just letting you know this as a warning that this is things I have to think of as a business owner.'"

David noted that he had "mostly Hispanic" employees and some had come to work wearing Obama shirts on election day.

"I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way," he explained. "Elections do have consequences, but so do choices."

"I don't need the labor force coming down saying I laid people off because they are Hispanic, I don't need the headache. We are in a right-to-work state, but I did inform people that I would possibly had to be making layoffs. I did make the notification 30 days ago. I followed the laws."

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2012

Someone needs to find out his business and boycott him. The fact that he laid off Hispanic employees instead of mixing it up a little tells me all I need to know.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

If this really happened, and it's not just some right-wing nut calling in and bullshitting, I would think that at least 1 of the 22 would come forward in the media to identify him. Let's see if that happens...

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

I'm not one who's quick to say, "This never happened," but this sounds like a story from K-EST Radio.

Excepting the sort of Mormon Magic seen in Mr. Romney's business trading, business owners make money by having employees, not by firing them.

If the business owner thinks it's a "headache" to have employees, he can now reflect on the headache of not having employees to generate his own income.

For a business owner who is old, who has made his money, it's conceivable that regulatory burdens and higher expenses MIGHT be the excuse to close up shop and sit poolside and not fucking be bothered. But this firing the staff and keeping the business open makes no economic sense. Mr. X would like you to think he's punished his workers for their willful streak in voting against his interests, but unless he's packed the whole thing in, he's hurt himself no less in the process.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

It happened. It's on the CBS Las Vegas affiliates site.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

"hey, Health insurance is for WHITE PEOPLE!"

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

When you say "It happened" r5, do you mean that this was a real interview or did someone find out that his was a real business and actually talk to the people he fired?

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

Real interview and he's remaining anonymous. I'll bet he fired the employees and made the sign a non-disclosure or he'd fight their unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

I'll bet he's just a GOP racist troll who's spouting their talking points for the same reasons citing in r4.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

Is Nevada a Right to Work state?

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

r10, yes it is. An employer can fire you for any reason with no explanation. He gave them them 30-days notice. I thought Federal law says 90 days.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

[quote]made the sign a non-disclosure or he'd fight their unemployment.

The the joke is on him. Once they start collecting unemployment he cant fight challenge their eligibility any loner. Then they could blab.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

It's bullshit.

People with successful companies don't fire almost 1/5th of their workforce because of an election result.

Either than many is lying or his company is in the tank already.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

What an Extremely Sad Turdblossom this "business owner" is.

[quote]A business owner in Las Vegas on Wednesday told a CBS radio station that he had fired 22 of his 114 "mostly Hispanic" employees because President Barack Obama had won re-election.

Driving down to Home Depot and honking at the day laborers in the parking lot to hop in the back of your '98 Ford pickup doesn't make you a business owner, dude.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

Here's the story on site of KXNT owned by CBS

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

The Feds planned on cancelling agreements with contractors leaving 12,000 without jobs. The contracts were to end December 31. Beause of the 90-day notice requirement, it was put on hold until early next year, to avoid an announcement before the election.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2012

Administrative judge will over turn all of this...judt file for unemployment. If he denies it there will be a hearing...he'll have to hire newemployees...and pay unemployment to the others.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012

[quote]Here's the story on site of KXNT owned by CBS

The "story" just reports the contents of the radio interview.

This "business owner" is a fantasist.

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012

I'll believe it when I hear from the "fired" workers.

Until then, it sounds like another freeper fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2012

I don't really believe this. I think it's some asshole. Who gives a shit if you won't state your name and your business.

I can call the same radio station and say I just hired 22 new employees because Obama won.

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!