Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ok the election is over. How do we get the HOUSE to behave?

So many people think the President is responsible for so much but he can't do shit without the House. Let's hold the right people responsible.

John Boehner is already making a point that he and the GOP House will not work with the president no matter WHAT the consequences.

He is a fucking traitor to American interests. How they fuck do we get them to pay attention to reality and help the economy and America grow back from the mess they put us in?

I want the GOP to be scrutinized over this shit.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

I think there needs to be a constant spotlight on their unwillingness to compromise to prove to the idiots who think otherwise that the problem is with the Repubs and their childishness, not Obama.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

As somebody in another thread brilliantly suggested, the White House could post an Obstructionist Hall of Shame online to keep these fuckers front and center come 2014.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

I honestly think this election has driven some of you insane. The last few days have turned Datalounge into Bizarro-Free Republic.

[quote]He is a fucking traitor to American interests. How they fuck do we get them to pay attention to reality and help the economy and America grow back from the mess they put us in?

That sounds like something my parents would forward me in an Obama-bashing email.

Seriously, calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

I wish I was exaggerating but when someone says essentially, "my party is more important" than potentially crashing the American Economy (again) and it's credit rating(again) - that is treasonous, in my opinion.

Boehner has admitted that he will not cooperate despite the need for budget reform.

Back in July the GOP pleaded with Bernake NOT to initiate Federal reform because they knew it would HELP the economy come back (it has).

They're traitors, in my opinion, because they're doing what they can to crash the economy under Obama's watch and pocket money for the rich.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

Actually gang- the Republican controlled House has cornered themselves. They wrote the "budget cliff" that will take effect if nothing is done in the lame duck session. And if it takes effect, political disaster for them will follow. So it is in their interest ti fianlly do business with the White House.

But the result will be compromise fellas. As I said on another thread- compromise in politics is the name of the game, now and for all times past- particularly on budgetary matters.

Up until now they have not even done that, and only kicked the ball down the road. In this case they kicked a time bomb down the road that they wrote.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

Are we going "kick the ball down the field"? That's what I would've done!

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.