Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michelle Obama

I love her, but did anyone else think she seemed a bit subdued on Election Night?? I was expecting more glee. She seemed annoyed and distant from Barack.

:(

by Anonymousreply 5411/08/2012

Didn't notice that, but she's probably exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

OP, you're kind of an idiot and i hope this thread dies quickly (although yes, bad me for responding at all and bumping it up...)

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

I was watching! I read her lips! She said "we killed Whitey!"

SHE SAID "WE KILLED WHITEY"!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

Well, she did once confess to the then First Lady of France, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, that she HATED the job. B-S then went and blabbed to the media.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

Oh, god. No THIS again?!?! OP, go out and get some fresh air. Take up a hobby or something.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

Oh yeah, the famous "Whitey" video.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

Are you Dr. Joyce Brothers OP?

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

OP is bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

Crossing my fingers that she'll choose a flawless inaugural gown this time to make up for the Jason Wu spitball fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

No OP I did not notice. My guess is, however, that she was exhausted and relieved. Glee, you know is not classy. Winning and losing, with the same presentation, is dignity and class.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

The only time I saw her exhibit anything like what OP is describing is the night of the first debate.

Even before the debate started!

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

I thought everyone in the first family looked a little shell shocked before the acceptance speech. We'll probably never know what went on behind the scenes but I really do believe that nobody was really sure what was going to happen, and when they walked on stage, were very much still in the midst of "processing"

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

R10 states it very well.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

I noticed it too, OP. I also noticed that Diane Sawyer looked a bit "under the weather" on election night. Of course, the naysayers were not kind to those of us who first posted about it. Pehaps you pick up on those subtle clues in body language that most people miss. Anyway, you are not alone in your observation. As an aside, it is well known that Michelle hates Clinton. HATES him. The fact that he played such a large part in the campaign, and is seen as the guy who pulled Obama's ass out of the fire, may chafe a bit.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

"As an aside, it is well known that Michelle hates Clinton. HATES him. The fact that he played such a large part in the campaign, and is seen as the guy who pulled Obama's ass out of the fire, may chafe a bit."

Really R15? I know someone very well (one of my oldest and closest friends) who worked/works for Clinton now Obama and I have never heard him hint at this.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2012

Perhaps you should ask him and get back to us, Charlie. What exactly does your friend do in the Obama administration?

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012

[quote] I also noticed that Diane Sawyer looked a bit "under the weather" on election night.

That's what I'm going to start calling it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012

charlie, why does she hate Clinton?

And what's real deal with Reggie Love? Is he an old school friend? Best friend?

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2012

No, I thought she was fine, she looked very happy.

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2012

What kind of dress should Michelle wear on Inauguration night? I must say that I didn't care for the white dress she wore 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2111/08/2012

What's wrong if she did look that way? Michelle is human like the rest of us. I know this was very exhausting for them all. Leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2012

A lady who has suffered an unbelievable amount of abuse, simply because of the colour of her skin...

There is a black couple in "The White House" - deal, cunts...

by Anonymousreply 2311/08/2012

I never noticed anything odd. I am sure she was exhausted and I have no doubt, spoken or unspoken, they were more realistic about the possibility of a narrow defeat, unlike the gang over at Romneyland, apparently. Plus, if you were thinking, 'well we might not make it' when you had to process the turn... Colorado, Pennsylvania, etc... it would be even more of a mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2411/08/2012

Republicans who claim to believe in self-sufficiency and who claim to believe in working for what you have, continue to prove they believe in neither when they shit on people like the Obamas and the Clintons while groveling at the feet of the Bush and Romneys of the world.

I think they resent people who have earned their success and who want to pay it forward because they themselves have dreams of being wealthy, greedy fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2511/08/2012

She's one of the best first ladies ever. A very classy dame who has done a lot of good. She campaigned very hard for Barack, so she was probably just exhausted. I truly think she has been the best first lady since Jackie!

by Anonymousreply 2611/08/2012

70% of the time Michelle looks like she wants to pummel some booties.

by Anonymousreply 2711/08/2012

I love her but so often she does photograph a bit like The Grinch.

by Anonymousreply 2811/08/2012

It must be terribly difficult for Michelle, knowing in the back of your mind there are too many that want to harm your husband. She must get tired of being constantly picked on for every little thing that she does as well. Still I don't believe that she isn't extremely proud of her man, even if it means everything she says may be misconstrued and then publicized.

by Anonymousreply 2911/08/2012

Colin Powell's wife didn't want her husband running because she feared for his safety.

For a bunch of idiot freepers who are afaid of everyone else, they sure speak of violence and overthrowing the govt a lot.

by Anonymousreply 3011/08/2012

I get the feeling he frustrates the hell out of her.

I've read that back when Rahm Emmanuel was running the show, she had a lot of problems with how the White House approached issues.

by Anonymousreply 3311/08/2012

R32: "they both drink like fish"???? How do you know this?

I think Michelle probably worries a lot about the girls' safety, especially when they're in front of huge crowds like Tuesday night.

by Anonymousreply 3411/08/2012

R32 = Ann Romney

by Anonymousreply 3511/08/2012

Can't believe that people make fun of her for her looks. If I were straight, I'd be all over her like a brutha all over a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 3611/08/2012

They're way too affectionate with each other to be having problems in their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 3711/08/2012

I agree with r36. She is intelligent, charming, and in great shape. My friend worked with Obama in Chicago, and said that women threw themselves at him. He could have anyone. Men like this don't choose ugly women.

by Anonymousreply 3811/08/2012

She is very V shaped:

by Anonymousreply 3911/08/2012

[quote]Maybe she really wanted him to lose. Must be tough to be married to the POTUS.

Huh? Yeah, because then she could act like his therapist for the next 20 years. What fun! That's a silly observation.

by Anonymousreply 4011/08/2012

It's a freeper meme, R34. They saw a photo of the President drinking a beer or having a cocktail. OMG!

It's the usual Obama Derangement Syndrome bullshit. The Obamas drink like sensible adults. Only creepy fundie "evil demon rum" assholes try to make an issue of it.

I've never heard about any issues in their personal life. I'm not buying what the nasty little fuck who posted it is selling.

by Anonymousreply 4111/08/2012

Ugh. Don't even get me started on this crap:

by Anonymousreply 4211/08/2012

Love the Obama daughters. They are so charming and centered. I look for one or both of them to enter politics and be major political forces in the future.

Of course, I'm still waiting for Chelsea Clinton to step up as well. She is an amazing young woman with a lot of potential to serve this country.

by Anonymousreply 4311/08/2012

That's a really fucked up picture to choose to link to, R42.

Really fucked up. I wonder what would make you choose to do that?

by Anonymousreply 4411/08/2012

[quote]Love the Obama daughters. They are so charming and centered. I look for one or both of them to enter politics and be major political forces in the future.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 4511/08/2012

R44, you mean you've never seen that plastered all over the internet, including DL?

by Anonymousreply 4611/08/2012

I'm not R44, but I've never seen it before.

At least in those GWB/chimpanzee comparison photos, they looked a lot alike. MO doesn't look the least bit like that Planet of the Apes photo.

The freepers even fail at insults.

by Anonymousreply 4711/08/2012

The Michelle haters will also play up the 'seething jealousy' of a white woman picture. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 4811/08/2012

Of course the Obama girls appear to be growing into lovely young women, but looks are not the basis for sound policy or a political career.

by Anonymousreply 4911/08/2012

Oh, good, another variation on "she doesn't look like a first lady," i.e. like a frigid white bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5011/08/2012

She doesn't suffer fools, good on her:

by Anonymousreply 5111/08/2012

That's her "what do you mean you washed a frog in the dishwasher?" face. I bet her kids have seen that one a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 5211/08/2012

[quote]Well, she did once confess to the then First Lady of France, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, that she HATED the job. B-S then went and blabbed to the media.

I remember this and other reports of Michelle really not wanting to be First Lady and not enjoying it at all. I bet that's more common than we'd think.

But, she strikes me as the type who, after initial misgivings, simply rolled up her sleeves and made the best of it.

by Anonymousreply 5311/08/2012

Freepers, PUMAS, and all the other Republican trash have NOTHING on the Obamas. And I mean NOTHING.

All they can do is make fun of the color of the Obamas' skin, and their features. Much the same as ignorant first and second graders do.

When you don't have a leg to stand on, you make personal attacks.

Reason number 2,767 for why GOPigs are repulsive and pathetic.

And by the way, if you watch the part when the confetti was falling, Michelle bent down, picked up a big handful, and gently tossed it on some of the Biden grandchildren, in the most adorable and playful way.

So no, op, I didn't notice what you're claiming.

by Anonymousreply 5411/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.