Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yet again Madonna shows with action her support of LGBT people

She doesn't need to call her fans "monsters" or "lambs". She has been brave for years.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

Well. That's really nice.

And I'm usually a Madonna hater.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2012

there's 1 or 2 Madge haters on the board.

She's OUR living legend.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2012

If she's "OUR living legend," I'd rather be straight!

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2012

how so, r3?

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2012

The Madonna fanatics on this board amuse me. They're always bitching about how Madonna should never get criticized because of all the work she's done for the community. Yet it's perfectly fine to bash Lady Gaga, Janet and anyone else regardless of how much they've contributed. This constant faux concern is tiresome.

Gaga has done a lot in recent years for GLBT everywhere. You don't have to be a fan to realize that. But to be so fucking bitter and resentful over her success is insane. Why can't you appreciate that there is more than one entertainer out there who is looking out for us. You don't have to like her music, but have some respect for the woman.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

She's on the right track baby, she was born to be brave.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

R2 Vadge might a living legend for deluded fangays but there are plenty of informed haters of her on this board. That said, I won't bash her in this instance. For almost everything else, though? hell yes she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

All Madonna is doing is following Lady Gaga's lead. If you look back on her interviews during Hard Candy, Confessions, American Life etc. she never discussed gay rights. After the Sex book she went completely silent on that topic for years. Heck, even Janet Jackson had a song called Free Xone which was totally in your face about gay and bisexual rights. Where are Madonna's gay rights songs? It's great she's saying this stuff now but there is no career risk at this point in time for her to do so.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

Talking about gays was always a way for Madonna to be edgy and shocking. Her interest in anything other than Madonna is non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

Oh geez the haters are out in full force! During her record breaking 2008 Sticky and Sweet tour in Brazil Madonna spoke up for gay rights and the rights for gays to get married. And Madonna was the first pop star to show gay rights support back in the 80's when it wasn't fashionable. And Madonna copuing Gaga you gotta be kidding me! That ugly fake bitches entire career was stolen from the Madonna playbook, Gaga would love to be controversial and groundbreaking but she isn't because Madonna has done it all before! And yes Madonna is DEFINITELY a legend even people who hate her acknowledge thid. She's the biggest selling female artist of all time and the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time, so if Madonna isn't a legend then no female artist in music is!

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

R8 Madonna's 1992 single Deeper ans Deeper is about a minor coming to terms with his homosexuality and the gay lifestyle if you read the lyrics you'll get it right away. Her 1994 single Secret is about a transvestite with a "secret", the music video made for the song backs this up. And janet based her whole sexual image in the 90's off stuff Madonna already did, such as Free Xone and the Velvet Rope album, which MTV NEWS said was a kinder,gentler version of Madonna's Erotica album 5 years ago. Again Madonna has consistently broken new ground and has gone where most artists wouldn't dare, I mean the SEX book for instance. It won't be till after she dies she'll get the full respect and her impact will be acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

Did Madonna publicly support Degeneres or was this just one personal call? I mean, who gives a shit if she called Degeneres at home. I thought they were some distant relatives, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

She did a nice thing. Which Madonna's image really belies because she is a professional cunt. But she is an icon and it was nice to see that supported Ellen.

Lady Gaga is over, by the way. She had a few hits, all under Madonna's shadow, and that was that. But she could never reach Madonna. No one can. Madonna goes into the annals of history, up there with the greats.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

Ugh, between that and the Rocco clip, Madonna comes across as a...human being!

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

Madge looks great in that clip! Btw, her last album is better than I thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

The fact is she secured a long history of songs people will remember. In spite of everything else, the music is what survives history.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.