Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Peggy Noonan has no use for Nate Silver

Datalounge icon, Peggy Noonan, on the day before the election:

"Who knows what to make of the weighting of the polls and the assumptions as to who will vote? Who knows the depth and breadth of each party’s turnout efforts? Among the wisest words spoken this cycle were by John Dickerson of CBS News and Slate, who said, in a conversation the night before the last presidential debate, that he thought maybe the American people were quietly cooking something up, something we don’t know about.

"I think they are and I think it’s this: a Romney win...."

"There is no denying the Republicans have the passion now, the enthusiasm. The Democrats do not. Independents are breaking for Romney.

"And there’s the thing about the yard signs. In Florida a few weeks ago I saw Romney signs, not Obama ones. From Ohio I hear the same. From tony Northwest Washington, D.C., I hear the same."

Is it possible this whole thing is playing out before our eyes and we’re not really noticing because we’re too busy looking at data on paper instead of what’s in front of us? Maybe that’s the real distortion of the polls this year: They left us discounting the world around us.

-------

It seems that Peggy's counting of the Romney yard signs around her helped her correctly predict a Romney win, while Nate Silver's complicated number-crunching did nothing but embarrass him....

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012

Guess what? Nate Silver and the majority of the country have no use for Peggy Noonan.

And Ms. Noonan is not a favorite of DL. She's a favorite Repug punching bag as she should be.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

I, frankly, would love to see the two of them together. The combination of their personal styles at once would be LIGHT YEARS beyond fascinating!

J o P

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

James Wolcott once called her "the Avon Lady of Washington conventional wisdom."

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

she only has use for men who are daddy figures so she commit psychological incest. See Daddy Ronny Raygun and Holy Daddy JP II.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Peggy's half in the bag most afternoons, right?

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Nooners lives in a world where her dream man, who so sadly denied her dream of spending forever fellating him, made the world what she imagines, where the truly worthy few have their billions of dollars with their favorite floozies firmly attached to their little penises, while the peasants serve their purpose paying for the Chosen to support their livelihoods.

Nate Silver, like the other 99.999 per cent of us, is a meaningless peasant. She has no use for him because clamping onto his penis doesnt further her agenda.

Even if she ever snags a man, what good would it be if he's just a peasant? And the penis she really wants in her mouth belongs to someone who is dead. And his grave is well-guarded. Specifically from Nooners.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

At least she pissed off a lot of conservatives by calling Sarah Palin an unqualified vulgarian who is "no good for conservatism or the country."

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

My mom describes her as "wifty" -- a combination of Woo-Woo ("out there") and Drifty.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

I love her Republican version of the Scientific Method: she stumbles outside her home in a Republican neighborhood, counts the plethora of Romney sides everywhere, and then sees a country-wide win for her man....

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

I love how she mentions YARD SIGNS as a harbinger of a Romney win. Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

Will there be a mea culpa from her now that she was so staggeringly, embarrassingly wrong?

I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

I once had dinner with Peggy, years and years ago, when I was still in the closet and a friend set us up on a date. It was like having dinner with the homely homecoming queen of some Catholic women's school in 1963. She lives in a world untouched by gays, blacks, Latinos... poor people... reality... stylish clothes... hairdressers.... It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

It's all part of the game. No doubt is Silver's predictions was the opposite, Noonan would be championing it and Wasserman-Schultz would be saying the same thing Noonan did.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

[quote]I love her Republican version of the Scientific Method: she stumbles outside her home in a Republican neighborhood, counts the plethora of Romney sides everywhere, and then sees a country-wide win for her man....

I'm surprised someone who I thought was reasonably sane compared to the average Republican would use such a ridiculous method to predict the election outcome.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

I guess she's like that same idiot on DL who thought Obama would lose Pennsylvania because of the number of Romney signs in Bucks County.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2012

Peggy Noonan? Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2012

[quote]I, frankly, would love to see the two of them together. The combination of their personal styles at once would be LIGHT YEARS beyond fascinating!

Peggy... you ignorant slut

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.