Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SIAP: the romney "Jeep to China" lie ad...

I kind of understand why it was started - because of a semi-reasonable misinterpretation of a news item - BUT what I don't understand is why, after the ad had been totally trashed on the front pages of many Ohio newspapers AND by the Chrysler CEO, why did romney continue to run it? They really would not have had to admit their lie, they simply could have quietly removed it from airing - they certainly would not have had to answer questions about that action; they didn't answer questions about much of anything this past month; but the fact that they continued to run it just does not make ANY sense to me (seems to me it just served to remind their target audience that romney could not be trusted)- maybe some of you have a rationale for this. TIA

by Kansas boyreply 511/08/2012

My guess: they counted on people being stupider than they are.

by Kansas boyreply 111/07/2012

[quote] why did romney continue to run it?

haven't you been paying attention dear? romney constantly lied during the entire campaign. They really got out of control the entire last month.

by Kansas boyreply 211/07/2012

He kept saying it because the right wing media kept repeating the jeep moving to china lie as if it were a fact. faux news still reports 5 times a day that Saddam Hussein colluded and planned 9/11 with osama bin laden

by Kansas boyreply 311/07/2012

I think that is what swung Ohio to Obama.

I still want to know what happened to Obama on the first debate. Has the WH ever given a reason for Obama's poor performance?

by Kansas boyreply 411/08/2012

[quote] they counted on people being stupider than they are.

That pretty much sums up their whole campaign strategy.

by Kansas boyreply 511/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.