Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Partnered...and still using hook-up sites

I have a tough time understanding how guys on Grindr, Scruff, etc. state that they have a wonderful partner, then go on to say that they want to see face/body pics and meet new people. It almost seems like sexual greed to me. And I'm not talking about about consensual open relationships. Can anyone offer an explanation for this fucked up behavior? Maybe I am missing something.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

We all have an inner Frenchman.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Not everyone uses those sites to hook up.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

People like sex, novelty, desire. It's part of being human for a great many people. And there is really nothing wrong with it. It's just that we are conditioned in post-agricultural revolution cultures to crave "fidelity".

It's fine, OP, if you feel this way. But I would venture I guess. That you are single and have never been in a relationship and have a very romantic idea of the sexual bliss that comes with being partnered, an idea which, for some, occurs, but for most, doesn't quite happen in the way we are led to believe.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Don't feed the troll, R3.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

R3 while your assessment of me is not entirely correct, I do have some romantic ideas that are, perhaps, running toward fantasy. Your honesty is helpful and appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

OP, they are greedy. they want it all. Fuck (and not in a good way) the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

OP, it's called reality.

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

OP, your hole is too loose.

Let him leave you and just give up.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

I'm partnered and I use hook up sites. My partner doesn't, although he used to be on Squirt way back when. He doesn't care for or trust social media as a general rule.

I'm not going to get into a long-winded justification or explanation of open relationships. But we have one and it works for us. It's a reality-based, adult relationship and not some girlish romantic fantasy of what a relationship should be.

I'm not knocking monogamy, mind you. If that's what you and your partner both agree to and want, great. But don't judge other people for making different choices.

I use those sites mostly for chatting, flirting, and to find the occasional sex partner. I can't be bothered with bars or baths anymore. Hook up sites are much more efficient and to the point. Lots of idiots online, yes. But there are lots of nice, interesting guys too, if you're open enough to find them. I've had some terrific conversations on these sites and even made some new (non-sexual) friends who I've met for coffee and drinks.

Actual hookups are rare, believe it or not. But they do happen once in a while. I recently met a 24 y/o Asian twink who I've been having lots of fun with. He's not my usual type but I'm kind of enjoying the "Total Top Daddy" role.

As for this silly notion that we partnered guys are taking the other guys away from you ... please. Don't blame me that no one is interested in you. If you're attractive and friendly, you'll attract. Whether you're partnered or not.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

[quote]I'm not knocking monogamy, mind you.

[quote]{But ours is a) reality-based, adult relationship and not some girlish romantic fantasy of what a relationship should be.

Yep, no judgment there!

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

R9: fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, boy.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

How often do you and your partner have sex?

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

Of course people are free to use hook up sites to hook up. I am in awe of how many partnered guys gush on and on about their relationships yet hit on me. I respectfully ask in my profile that partnered guys look elsewhere as I'm looking for my own partner yet they consistently and continuously keep messaging me about hooking up.

It's bothersome but I just ignore them. It's funny when some of them get angry that I don't respond or when I do respond "thanks but no thanks", i get "oh go play with yourself... Stuck up bitch". Very bizarre. But seems to be a necessary evil in order to meet anyone.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

They are called whores, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!