Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dear Supreme Court...

Dear Supreme Court of the United States of America, and in particular justices Kennedy, Roberts, Scalia, Alito and Thomas. Respectfully, in Dick Cheney way, go fuck yourselves. It has been estimated that your decision on Citizens United created the arena where over THREE BILLION DOLLARS was spent during this election season. Your 5 votes, divided into three billion dollars, is valued at OVER 600 million dollars. You each determined how 600 million dollars of this economy's cash strapped funds would be spent. Money that could have gone for employee benefits, money that could have gone for "job creators' actually creating jobs. You funneled money into advertizing. You funneled money into hate campaigns. You funneled money into the darkest corners of free speech covered by the penumbra of the First Amendment.

I am ashamed of you as you set in motion events that have depleted the resources of the American People. We have overspent where we shouldn't have spent at all. Your three billion dollars would have shored up Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and put us on a sound footing for a secure tax base to address the deficit AGAIN! I am ashamed of you.

I am as ashamed of you as I am proud of the American People today.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

You do know that Justice Roberts voted to keep Obamacare.

He could have gone along party lines are voted to get rid of it. But he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Agree with OP and r1

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

[quote]He could have gone along party lines are voted to get rid of it. But he didn't.

R1. The Supreme Court Chief Justice--along with the rest of the justices--are not elected officials. They are not supposed to "go along with the party line."

The Supreme Court is supposed to follow the law. Is something fair, legal, constitutinal? If so, then it's the law. "Following the party line" often happens at the legislative branch of the governemnt because the legislator can take that option. However, "following the party line" is not supposed to be an option for the judicial branch of government. That's not the court's role.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

This is the most politicized SCOTUS since Dredd Scott.

And I am not talking about ObamaCare, the subject is Citizens United.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

!

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

I recommend an election tax where the media would be taxed 90% of all profits in the 6 months before a national election.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Dear Antonin Scalia: drop dead, you sleazy fagbasher. And take Long Dong Silver to Hell with you.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.