Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How mad were your coworkers about the election?

My boss was extremely upset. A woman refused to talk to anyone and turned on neil boortz's radio show.

I was so delighted that they were so mad

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012

none were mad, most were overjoyed, one gal gave me a big thumbs up today and Grinned, as if *I* was the one running for election.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

I actually work for a Bain owned company. Just a few jokes about making sure not to call the Bain office in Boston today, but otherwise everyone was happy.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

Not my co-worker, but my neighbor was slamming things around in silence while doing yard-work today. He's the sort who always calls out to you from across the street when he sees you walk out your front door. Today he didn't have a word to say.

I notice he waited until dark to remove all the Romney/Ryan and Save America: Vote Republican signs from his front yard. He had quite a collection of them, not to mention an empty chair a la Clint Eastwood with a sign on it that said, "Bye!"

We live in Maine and he must be particularly upset as the voters passed Same Sex Marriage into law and restored both houses of our State Congress to the Democratic Party. (Two years of our loony tea party governor was enough to turn the tide.) My neighbor was a particularly vigorous supporter of the local Republican candidate for the House - an uneducated hairdresser and Tea Party hack. He's been driving around for weeks with her signs plastered to his pickup truck. She lost by a decisive margin, which serves the both of them right.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Everyone was sullen and more pissy than usual. Except for a handful of us who voted dem. We were giddy all day.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Everyone was very happy. Then again, I live in a bubble of reasonableness.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Not too bad, not as bad as I was expecting. It was about on par with the home team losing a Super Bowl--sad, but not unexpected, and nothing they took personally.

I was surprised at how they finally admitted that they thought Romney was a dud all along.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

How many employers who threatened to fire staff if Obama was re-eleced actually will?

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

Jesus, R3 did your neighbor have chaser lights in the front yard too? Sounds like he was decorating for Halloween or Xmas. Hilarious that he had to remove it all in defeat.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2012

I watched someone dejectedly take down all the Romney signs she had posted every 3 feet along her property line. There must have been over 30 signs. It was quite enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

Lots of sullen faces. You know who voted for who because the Obama voters were in a good mood. One group gave me crap but it was easy to ignore because they did it in a joking matter and y'know, fuck em. They lost.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2012

Well, I live in Madison, WI, where Obama got about 80% of the vote, so everyone at work yesterday was in a GREAT mood, I'm happy to report!! Out of over 500 employees, the Republicans that I know of could be counted on one hand.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2012

In my office I don't think a single person voted for Romney. And if they did, they didn't talk about it because it's a pretty left-leaning work environment. I know, I'm lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2012

As a matter of fact, R8, my neighbor DOES decorate for Halloween as if it were Christmas and he were Clark Griswold, chaser lights and all. Halloween is a big deal in our neighborhood, we get hundreds of kids. I strung orange and purple lights on the railing of my wheelchair ramp to get into the spirit of the thing.

The overbearing Republican neighbor acts like the Mayor of Halloween. Seeing his front yard bereft of all decoration, both seasonal and political, is a refreshing change from the eyesore I have been looking at for the past six weeks. Alas, Christmas is coming . . .

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2012

Mine were roughly on par with R6's -- but then, I work with sensible people, not the looney-bin types who post on FreeRepublic. No one went on rants yesterday or today, and a few who were only marginally in Romney's corner didn't even particularly care. I will say that some of the Republican women in my office (moderate, pro-choice Republicans) were actually *happy* that Mourdock and Akin lost, and a number of South Asian guys made a point of commenting about George "Macaca" Allen's loss in Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!