Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The myth of the 'close call'. What if there had been No fraud or suppression?

All over the country people were told they weren't in the book and had to be given provisional ballots that probably were never counted. Over 1000 people were purged from a Dem county in Ohio. Then they had that mysterious last minute software "patch" added to the tabulators.

Reports of machines that were mis-calibrated and flipping votes to Romney were coming in from various areas.

In Florida, the hours were limited, the polling machines were limited, there weren't enough ballots, and various other issues made it very difficult for these people to vote. [bold]Yet people stayed in line to vote even after the race was called for Obama - for hours- literally all day long. [/bold]

I don't want to hear anyone claim that Democrats are Lazy voters. Fuck that noise. My question: What if all such issues had been erased and ALL the people who wanted to vote could vote and were counted? How many more votes would President Barack Obama have won?

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012

Voters waiting in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

I think the suppression efforts backfired and INCREASED minority turnout. People who might have stayed home this time felt motivated to stand up to those trying to revive Jim Crow.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

CNN said black turnout increased so much this year in Ohio, that Romney would've won the state if the black turnout was only 2008 levels.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

When Dick Morris predicted Romney would win 325-213, he called it a "landslide."

When President Obama wins 332-206, he calls it a "squeaker."

I guess it's all relative.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

The Republican Talking Point Phrase is "SQUEAKER", he barely won, it was a "SQUEAKER! Watch how many times you hear it. I heard it all day today from the Repundits.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

They're all over DL with the same message.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Are we ever going to find out who won Florida?

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

It was certainly not a squeaker. Obama took 9 of the 10 battleground states.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.