Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So long, Nancy

Who do you support for the new House Minority Leader now that Pelosi is no longer a viable option? She was great for leading an attack from the left when Bush was in office, but the Democrats need someone who's more effective. And preferably someone who's not from the safest of safe districts.

Chris van Hollen has been positioned as Nancy's successor, but he's nothing but a lackey/Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

I like Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Nancy ain't going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

It doesn't really matter. The majority controls the house totally unless they have a faction that will side with the minority.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Nancy is not effective? She was the most powerful player in the passage of the Affordable Health Care Act which in the long run is going to be considered one of the most significant pieces of legislation passed by Congress in the last 25 years.

Dunno much, do you OP?

She was also a champion (an effective one) for the repeal of DADT and is doing the same for the DOMA.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Nancy Pelosi got LOTS of legislation passed during the first 2 years of Obama's first term (FIRST term!)

If the Dems can get the House back somehow in midterms, she'll keep right on doing it.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Replace Pelosi as the Minority Leader? Umm... no thanks. Unless she's tired of it and wants out, she can keep the leadership until she retires from the House.

She did a hell of a job as Speaker. She was so incredibly effective that she will go down in history as presiding over one of the busiest and most successful Congresses we've ever had. Not to mention the fact that the mere mention of her name sends freeper fucktards into paroxysms of fear and loathing.

Jesus, how quickly you forget. Do you have Romnesia?

If she did want out, why on Earth would we replace her with someone who is NOT in a safe district, OP? What a stupid fucking idea.

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

She is a 1% er who refused to impeach our war criminals.

She had to pass the Healthcare act so she could read it to know what's in it.

She leaves behind a legacy of shame.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

Conservatives hate Nancy Pelosi because she's effective.

We should love her for the same reason, not try to please moderates or conservatives who loathe her.

I hope she serves as minority leader for as long as she wants.

And GOPers are just parroting what FoxNews, fat Rush, and the Koch Bros. tell them to say/think.

Fuck um!

I hope Nancy stays!

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

WTF? We don't need some namby-pamby Blue Dog Democrat who won't stand up for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. We need a fighter and a proven success, that's Nancy Pelosi.

Ooooh... she's a "lighting rod" for stupid freeper assholes. Gee, they don't like her? That's too fucking bad. WE like her and she's OUR Minority Leader in the House.

If she's sick of it and wants to step down - fine. If she wants to stay in power then House Dems had better stand up and support her or get ready to pay a heavy price.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

We need Nancy's power, directness, and experience in the House. Gurl Represents! (Literally. I live in her district).

Met her in her first year of office (After having campaigned hard voted for her opponent, Harry Britt, the successor to Harvey Milk).

Nancy Pelosi turned out to be surprisingly progressive and forceful. She's also very warm and friendly, and has a very naughty, biting sense of humor.

She's the most powerful and effective pro-gay rights person in Congress.

We need her to stay.

Fuck the ignorant sheeple here who buy into what conservatives in the media want you to believe.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

What R13 said!!! (I live in her district too, and girlfriend is the REAL DEAL)

If there were somebody better, I'd think about it, but Nancy is an expert and good at what she does.

EVen if we put some milquetoasty dem in there, the freepers will still complain, so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.