Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

That's it?

I expected major meltdown all over the US after Obama's victory. But there's really nothing going on. Who cares about comments from freerepublic or lucianne goldberg. I want action. Where's the Apocalypse?!?! The mass suicides, the sacrificial offerings?

After all the hype and built-up and for what? It's all so passive.

by Mehreply 1311/07/2012

DOW plunged more than 300 index points!

by Mehreply 211/07/2012

They explained on CNN this morning that the guy who is the equivalent of the Fed in the EU gave a speech this morning, saying that both Germany and Greece were having a lot of financial problems. The Dow went down immediately after his speech. Beforehand, it was up. They said whenever this guy speaks, it affects the market.

The pundits on MSNBC didn't seem to know about that.

by Mehreply 311/07/2012

There was rioting at Old Miss last night. I have a bad feeling that this is the calm before the storm. I think at the very least we can look forward to provocative behavior and sporadic outbursts of violence in the coming months. A lot will depend on the rhetoric of the Right and how Rush, Glenn eand Fox inflame the public. It could get very ugly, we could see an increase in hate crimes.

by Mehreply 411/07/2012

The market was tanking, earlier -- I haven't checked it since noon.

by Mehreply 511/07/2012

So Obama winning did not counter negative economic news even for just a day?

by Mehreply 611/07/2012

The market tanking was not based on our election, it was based on the guy in the European Union's economic speech.

by Mehreply 711/07/2012

Obama winning = Dow went up

EU guy talking = Dow tanked.

by Mehreply 811/07/2012

Greece is talking austerity measures again. That always sinks things.

by Mehreply 911/07/2012

just heard this on cnbc : "worst post election day in stocks since 1948"

by Mehreply 1011/07/2012

boeing just announced layoffs, more companies will announce layoffs soon i bet.

by Mehreply 1111/07/2012

I think the majority of the wingnuts are "phoney-tough" personality types, people who talk tough but who are too afraid of confrontation to start anything.

They won't start anything on their own, but they will follow someone who's genuinely fearless and violent. Stay tuned.

by Mehreply 1211/07/2012

Not so much on the rioting at Ole Miss

by Mehreply 1311/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.