Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney’s concession speech was not gracious

[bold]Pundits rush to praise the GOP candidate, but his behavior was petulant and sullen[/bold] [OP: Did we expect anything less (Or more, I should say)?]

By Mary Elizabeth Williams

[quote]...He wanted it to be “different,” and he’s praying for you, America. That is not “gracious.” What it is instead is a pretty typical Romney, a man who would arrogantly refuse to entertain the notion of defeat and then grind in his heels and refuse to accept it for as long as possible. A man who would pout that his wife would have made a kickass First Lady, who thanks men for their tireless work and “wives” for picking up the slack. That was your glimpse, Tuesday night, of what your President Romney would have looked like. And maybe it doesn’t sound gracious to say so, but thank God that’s the last look we’ll have.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

I was so excited last night that I didn't even notice Romney thanking the women for "helping their husbands" while the men did all the work.

Oh My GOD. What a sexist fucker. I can't say GTFO loud enough.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Instead , he seemed the most human and authentic to his true self, the tone was warm, and not robotic.

But yes he did let his relgious and sexist flag fly last nite. But I still prefer the "real" Rommney instead of the robotic Romney.

Ann was the one who looked like a teary-eyed mess.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

This man could not seem warm in a toaster over about to burst into flames.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Romney was specifically thanking his daughters-in-law for "picking up slack" while his sons worked on the campaign. Salon always gets it wrong. There's plenty about Romney to hate. But this ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

It wasn't a concession speech just for the Presidency, it was a concession speech that Willard Romney IS NOT THE FULFILLMENT OF MORMON PROPHECY.

Bishop Romney will NOT be the salvation of the US Constitution riding the White Horse.

He will not be the President when Jesus comes to rule the Earth from Jerusalem and MISSOURI!!!

He is not A failure, he is MULTIPLE failures.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Ug, I hate admitting my bigotry, but yes, I am glad a Mormon isn't in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

That's right r5, the daughters in law, those little ladies who stay home caring for the children and giving the help orders while the men go out to do the real work. Of course, the writer got it! You're the one who seemed to miss that Mormon, chauvinistic ideology that came through - again.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

It was nice of him to let all of those women out of their binders.

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

That's not bigotry, that's sensibility.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

Poor R3.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

I understand Mormonism. I have a doctorate in theology. But the Salon writer got this wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

i'm so glad someone said it because I thought the same thing. Same old Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

I honestly wasn't referring to the Salon article R12. I have a genuine mistrust of Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

r7, got it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

Romney looked completely shellshocked to me. I thought I was the only one who thought that he wasn't anywhere near gracious. He had that deer in the headlights look and wanted off that stage as fast as he could.

Meanwhile, I am happy, sleepy and excited.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

All I heard out of Romney was I will PRAY for America, I will PRAY for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

I agree with R16. I think he was shocked as he assumed he would either win legit or his minions in the party (or church) would rig the system. When that didn't happen, I think he couldn't comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Romney kiss my fat white ass!

Romney kiss my fat Catholic ass(neither here nor there...)

Romney miss my fat FEMALE ass!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!