Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am really proud of American today.

Before we rant about how close it was, Think about it. What if it had been totally fair ?

This election saw more widespread fraud and voter suppression than any before it. Karl Rove - who poured in more money than anyone else- even held up Fox news to try to change the ending through sheer verbal SPIN. He trying to wag the dog and the mainstream press didn't bend, they just waited and let the REAL numbers come it.

THINK ABOUT IT. Rove and RomneyCo. and all those SuperPacs were waiting for the fix to happen - and it DIDN'T.

Given the amount of $$$$$ and FRAUD the GOP poured into this election, given the audacity of outright LIES and Misinformation that existed on the right, given the amount of people and the time and hours they had to wait in line, only to be told they had been purged and/or NOT allowed to vote at all...

I think it was FUCKING AN AMAZING WIN!

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012

I agree OP!

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Indeed...

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

well said OP. Thank you

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Excellent point, OP.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Yes, I am so pleased. Today could've been very different but it isn't!

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

I live in Harris County, TX (Houston), where Obama won by only 585 votes. I can't but help thinking that can't be accurate, and yet... we still won.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

And all 4 gay marriage referendums passed! And we elected the first openly gay person to the U.S. Senate!

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

I wonder if they did try their vote-count switches in the diebold counties but it wasn't enough to clear the margins for a win.

It's great that the Citizens United money didn't amount to much. And Romney spent a lot of his own money. For nothing.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

^To provide context, that's out of 1,181,374 votes counted.

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

Americans SHUT DOWN the GOP's rape of our country.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

in Florida people stayed in line to vote even AFTER Obama was declared the winner.

These are the ones who stayed. Imagine if all the people who couldn't stay or didn't want to brave the lines - had a chance to vote and be counted?

Obama's numbers would have been a lot higher. The GOP knows that.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

OP, it could easily have gone Romney's way with he winning another state or two.

It's just because winner of popular vote in each individual state takes all electoral votes for that state that allowed Obama to win.

It was a very close election and I'm not particularly proud that Romney came so close to winning.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

[quote]I live in Harris County, TX (Houston), where Obama won by only 585 votes. I can't but help thinking that can't be accurate, and yet... we still won.

You live in Texas, where Romney swept the state, 57 percent to 41 percent. You're a loser.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

Congratulations America. I was so pleased to read the news. I hope that after Obama's second time around as president America never goes back to having filth like Reagan or Bush as president.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

It truly felt like a great moment in history!

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

[quote]You live in Texas, where Romney swept the state, 57 percent to 41 percent. You're a loser.

Obama also won the counties that contain Dallas/Ft-Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and El Passo. Along with a majority of the southern and border counties.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

Voter suppression, clearly. But what evidence do you have of any fraud, let alone widespread fraud?

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

I don't understand Texas. If Obama won FIVE major cities- where most of the population is. How did he loose the state?

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.