Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Okay, you're a senior adviser to President Obama and you are asked to think outside the box...what do you propose?

I'd suggest high-level talks between the White House and the Koch Brothers.

They have the ability to sway GOP members in the House.

Believe it or not, they have a few good ideas.

Bring them into the fold and give them a voice on policy in area where there is mutual agreement.

They can deliver more votes than the drunken windbag, John Boehner.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

Give big business what they ask for and make them create jobs or tax the fuck out of everything they sell here made in china. Oh and figure out a way to tax all that money offshore.

I'm sure I don't know the first thing about this but I'd like to bump this and get people talking.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

a national lottery to raise revenue

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

Somewhat lower tax rates for everyone only if that's coupled with a consumption tax.

I don't know if the math would add up but right now it sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

ALL candidates for federal office will have all election funding posted in the national papers daily and will never excede budgets of $500,000

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

Thom Katt has the answer

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

Ban gasoline engines.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

The biggest argument for voting Repub (not that I did) is that in some cities many governmental employees are beyond incompetent. Since it's so difficult to fire them, they have no motivation to even try to do a decent job. Nor are most managers interested in hearing complaints or evidence of fraud. Start by abolishing the joke of a Census Bureau. It's completely inaccurate anyway.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

One of these:

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

Make payroll tax cut permanent (and extend to employers), but couple it with a gas tax that would bring in an equivalent amount of revenue. Good for jobs, good for energy independence, good for the environment.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

Free Mitochondrial DNA.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

A tortoise shell filled with urine.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

R10, No. You MUST find a way to lower gasoline. To many vital industries are dependent on gas, to say nothing of higher food prices as a result.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

Begin taxing things we don't like such as pollution, crime, urban sprawl, too many people (breeders having more than one or at the most 2 kids), the rich who get away with not paying their fair share of taxes, liberal tax breaks for anyone who starts up green recycling businesses in rust belt cities and tax breaks for anyone who buys a house and sets up housekeeping in a rust belt city, especially Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Erie or maybe Pittsburgh and they have to live WITHIN the city limits for at least 2 years to qualify for the tax free status. Start up a modern day WPA for people close to retirement who can't find a job, a modern day CCC for youth who can't find a job and start planting trees by the millions, especially urban trees in the poorer parts of town, to help mitigate the effects of global warming, start a new irrigation system for the midwest wheat and corn belts using water from the Great Lakes. Although Obama and Biden both have called for a revival of a workable passenger train system in this country, one hears little about it; I would recommend pushing it hard and encourage the trend among young people to reject cars and driving and lead carless lives. We should aim for neighborhood existences preferably within walking distance. Grocery stores that offer free home deliveries in their electric vans/trucks will be given liberal tax breaks. The bloated military budget should be cut so that the money can be freed up to fund the new universal healthcare as well as a host of environmental projects (removal of old, useless dams, PLANT MORE TREES EVERYWHERE). I'm not sure if Amtrak would have to be scrapped and a new, better passenger train system put into place would be necessary but train service and light rail everywhere such as that in Japan or Europe is going to be an absolute necessity in this country if we are ever able to tell the oil producing countries we get oil from that they can eat their oil for breakfast someday. These are just a few ideas that I think are necessary just off the top of my head. We also need a master plan for the environmental well being of North America (as well as the world) and a kind of green re-industrialization in the US that would allow us to tell China they can fuck off with all their cheap shit. I never thought I would say it, but I want this country to remain first in the world--fuck China and India.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

Bram Stoker.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

Raise the cap on earnings taxed for Social Security--make the rich pay their fair share!! with Romney being the first in line!! If they do that we will go a long way toward solving the supposed problem with Social Security.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

A national holiday celebrating me.

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

R13 - no, gasoline is cheaper than its true price. Gasoline contributes to pollution. It contributes to emergency room costs and highway upkeep costs. We also need a larger military because of gasoline.

To make up for these externalities, we should have a higher tax on gas, as they do in Europe.

Unfortunately, that burdens middle income earners more, so there needs to be an offset. Payroll taxes are a reasonable case. The reduction in payroll taxes has helped many middle income workers,and probably also saves some jobs.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

Make speculating on gas, energy, and food prices illegal.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.