Tommy Thompson (WI)

Heather Wilson (NM)

Connie Mack (FL)

Pete Hoekstra (MI)

Linda McMahon (CT)

Todd Aiken (MO)

Richard Mourdock (IN)

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

Connie Mack and his vile wife Mary Bono Mack both lost. The fucking losers at the HRC endorsed Mary a few years ago when she was running against a Democrat who was pro-marriage equality while Mary was AGAINST it! They said she was "electable" (like Hitler was). So happy to see that cunt kicked to the curb. And the guy she lost to is pro gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

All Mary Bono had going for her was her famous last name and her connection to Sonny.

Now it looks like even that wasn't enough to keep her seat.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

Heidi Heitkamp (D) in North Dakota appears to have beat Rick Berg (R) by a slim margin tho there might be a recount.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Heather Wilson, wow haven't heard that name in a long time. Howard Stern used to make fun of her mercilessly after the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake 'Nipplegate' incident. She was one of the most vocal advocates for cracking down on decency on television, etc. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Heather Wilson was defeated by new hottie Dem Senator Martin Heinrich!

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Martin Heinrich is very nice looking!

You forgot the asswipe from MA that Elizabeth Warren beat!

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Michelle Bachman lost her seat in the House? Please tell me that's true!

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

Almost, R7, but not quite. She was narrowly re-elected early this morning after nearly being defeated.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

Linda "George Bush was the greatest President ever" Lingle in Hawaii lost. Lost BIG.

Vetoed civil unions. And did I mention she LOST?

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

Maizie Hirono defeated Linda Lingle by about 25 points.

She replaces outgoing Democratic Senator Daniel Akaka who is retiring.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

What about the House? Did Dems pick up seats there? What's the net change?

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

Did anyone see Richard Murdoch's concession speech on cspan last night? Members of his family were on stage and they looked like white trash. I'm not throwing that term around likely, but they looked like stereotypical white trash.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

someone should start a thread on House defeats

as great as these are, none are as satisfying as seeing that bile spewing hellspawn Joe Walsh being sent packing by Tammy Duckworth and fathead misogynist Uncle Tom Allen West booted as well.

let them drink poisoned tea.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

Sorry to hear about Ol' Crazy Eyes. Did Allen West end up losing?

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

Republicans keep the House and the margin stays pretty much the same. GOP lost some seats, but so did the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

Yes, R14, although it was very close so I'm not sure if there will be a re-count, but the odds are West is gone.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

As a pro-choice woman, in addition to the Obama, wider LGBT, future SCOTUS and even the legalized weed victories, it is also a fucking PLEASURE to see the dismissing of the rape-apologists!

Yes...

As a citizen, I am thrilled for Obama and the nation and the Supreme Court!

As a bisexual, I am thrilled as part of the gay community!

As a woman, I am thrilled to see my reproductive rights defended and the rape apologists/forced pregnancy apologists ousted!

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

R17, they didn't make as much noise as the fundy women and tea-partiers, but I was surprised by how quickly and vehemently normal everyday women turned on those assholes. Nobody bothered to interview them because they're not as much fun as the crazies, but they were there.

A friend who lives in PA told me her Presbyterian women's group was ready to take up arms against Todd Akin. They were livid. Average women I know who would not themselves have an abortion are deadset against politicians telling them what they can or cannot do to their own bodies. Women know about the days of back alley abortions and women dying because they couldn't have a child.

They were also horrified at the casual demeaning of rape survivors by a bunch of backward hicks with no medical knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

I went to bed early last night. Can someone tell me if the repugs are still winning PA, MI, and WI, on top of VA, NC and FL, which they have in the bag?

According to Karl Rove, the republicans are expecting a big win.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

I've been reading about Joe Donnelly lately and he sounds like a DINO. Salon listed him as one of 8 "dirty" Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.