Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995 strong a repudiation of the Tea Party was the election?

Quite a few down in flames...

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2012

Allen West appears to have been defeated in Florida, barring a recount.

Joe Walsh lost to Tammy Duckworth in Illinois.

Mourdock went down in Indiana.

Akin went down in Missouri.

And Michelle Bachmann nearly went down in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

[quote]And Michelle Bachmann nearly went down in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

A couple TPers are gon, but I was surprised by how many stayed, given the vote for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Don't forget that their biggest win, Scott Brown, lost!

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Go home to your bunkers full of spam & ammunition tea baggers... we got this.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Teabagger Ted Cruz won in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

It was, unfortunately, not strong enough.

As much as I hate to say it, we really REALLY need to start organizing for 2014. We need to get some really STRONG candidates to run against TeaParty house and senate members in EVERY state.

We need to get Republicans encouraged enough to primary their tea-party representatives, and replace them with more sane and less extreme people.

And we need to work on a huge GOTV strategy so that in 2014 we can take back the house.

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

R7, if you want Democrats to take back the House then you ought to be encouraging Tea Baggers to primary rational Republicans.

It's easier to beat a bagger than it is to beat a normal person.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

The Republican Party needs to distance itself from the Tea Party if ot has any hope for 2016. Those Tea Party people are lunatics!

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

10 of the 12 repugs losing their seats were teabaggers. They elected more of them though and in many places around the country the baggers are entrenched. They will be around for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

How does the Rethugs become more mainstream and appeal to Latinos with those teabaggers..

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

Someone on MSNBC and CNN made an excellent point about the off-year electorate being different from the presidential year electorate. That's the problem. If the same people who vote in presidential years would get off their asses and vote in the mid-year elections, we'd be in a lot better shape.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

[quote]It's easier to beat a bagger than it is to beat a normal person.

The problem with that strategy is that in certain districts (and certain states, for the Senate), a Republican, no matter HOW repugnant (David Vitter anyone) will ALWAYS win. That's how we ended up with the baggers who DIDN'T lose.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

Redistricting killed us.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

Well sure, there are batshit districts where baggers will easily win. In general, however, we do not live in Bagger Nation just yet.

In a "normal" conservative district a centrist Democrat can beat a bagger easier than he/she can beat a regular Republican. (whatever "regular" means these days. I guess it represents less bagger-ey Republicans)

There's a reason why Allen West is losing. There's a reason why Joe Walsh lost. There's a reason why Michelle Bachmann only held on by a thread.

Most people don't actually like the baggers.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

[quote]There's a reason why Allen West is losing

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

Yep, I guess I was paying attention to his attempt at a recount. He's not within the FL margin for it but he's trying to get one anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

Given that the teabaggers were an astroturf creation of the Koch brothers, and the Koch brothers lost big time in this election cycle, I expect it'll go the way of Sarah Palin and the Rabid Grizzlies or whatever they were called.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

I'm pretty sure they were called Grizzly Doms.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

In California, we finally gave right-wing nutbag Dan Lungren the boot (assuming the vote margins hold up).

Lungren was a Tea Party asshole before the Tea Party was officially created, and was the guy who tripled the funding to defend DOMA in court after Obama said he would stop defending it.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

There will be 20% to 25% fewer of them in the House. Boehner is already talking compromise.

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2012

[quote]striking a conciliatory tone a day after the Republican Party’s electoral drubbing . . .

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

The utterly brain dead Mary Bono Mack lost her seat finally. Maybe now she can learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

[quote]Yep, I guess I was paying attention to his attempt at a recount. He's not within the FL margin for it but he's trying to get one anyway.

Typical. Apparently, West believes that the rules apply to the Democrats, but not to Rethuglicans.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

Ah great. I didn't know Lungren lost, very glad to hear it and glad my vote contributed to his loss.

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!