Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Should Dems Bother Doing Anything for Romney Southerners?

Obama pursued Bin Laden and got him, I know tons of auto industry related companies, and thus job,s are in my state and southerners benefited,I know Obama's Affordable Healthcare Act is/will benefit all southerners and especially the ones in my state, I know my state got tons of stimulus monies for constructing highways and streets,etc... from Obama's programs,...Yet...

My state went for the 1 percenter Mitt Romney this time, as did most other southern states...WTF?

Why should Dems do ANYTHING for southerners who voted for Romney....These southerners' won't do what's right, or even do what's in their own best interests...what f*%^ing idiots!!!

Who are they:

Rural-type males 18-105 Rural-type females 18-105 Surburban-type males with families 40-105 Soccer moms 50-105 Rich people 50-105

by A Southernerreply 2111/07/2012

And just how to you propose the administration "cut out" the southerners who voted for Romney from those who voted for Obama. What you say is the same type of hateful divisive stance the republicans like to use. It's beneath you, as an intelligent democrat, and I don't really think you mean it that way.

And why do you only ask why the dems should do anything for Romney southerners? What about all the Romney northeasterners, Romney west coasters, Romney Mid Westerners, and on, and on, and on? Are they better than Romney southerners?

by A Southernerreply 111/07/2012

Because, you ignorant twit, what R1 said.

by A Southernerreply 211/07/2012

Well if we could pick and choose Romney supporters we would, but we can't, so we won't.

by A Southernerreply 311/07/2012

What r1, r2, and r3 said.

OP, that's just ign'runt, as we say here down South.

Yeesh, just be glad Obama won!

by A Southernerreply 411/07/2012

OP = left wing version of 47%, I'm not going to worry about those people, they only want...

by A Southernerreply 511/07/2012

"Why Should Dems Bother Doing Anything for Romney Southerners?"

For the simple reason that the Dems AREN'T Romney Southerners?

by A Southernerreply 611/07/2012

Tennessee here and I gave money and time to Obama and other Democratic candidates. Yes, we knew victory here was unlikely, but don't discount the money, efforts and enthusiasm of Southern Democrats completely.

by A Southernerreply 711/07/2012

R5 nailed it.

by A Southernerreply 811/07/2012

I'm a Floridian. Don't put us (or Virginians) with the other Southerners.

by A Southernerreply 911/07/2012

Alabamian here who loves my President.

by A Southernerreply 1011/07/2012

R5 and R8...damn straight...except these 47 percenters deserve it...

by A Southernerreply 1111/07/2012

Because, OP, the Democrats want those states to elect Democratic senators and representatives. If the Democrats alienate Democrats and other non-Republicans in red states, they diminish their party's chances to maintain control of the senate and regain control of the house.

by A Southernerreply 1211/07/2012

Because, contrary to Republican belief, the president is president of all citizens-not just those who voted for him.

by A Southernerreply 1311/07/2012

You can't blame the white southerners for voting GOP, OP. After all, there was a black man they needed to vote against.

by A Southernerreply 1411/07/2012

Because they are public servants.

by A Southernerreply 1511/07/2012

Because we are all Americans. Why should the decent people in places like Mississippi be punished for the views and actions of their leaders. The students at Ole Miss had a shit fit last night. I can assure you it wasn't the black students. How many years has it been since federal troops were sent in to integrate that school? Tell you racism is alive and well in the South.

by A Southernerreply 1611/07/2012

[quote]Tell you racism is alive and well in the South.

As well as the north, east, and west, and all points in between. The folks in those areas are much more sneaky how and to whom they let it out to.

by A Southernerreply 1711/07/2012

I know white married southern men who voted for Obama.

Obama won the popular vote not just the electoral college. He did that by the fact that even in the deep red GOP south an average of 47% of voters turned out for him. As a southerner I am grateful to the people of Ohio and Wisconsin because they vindicated my "lost vote." That said, I have yet to have it sink in that the 2014 mandate will really happen...

by A Southernerreply 1811/07/2012

If we let the South secede from the Union, they'd soon become our biggest recipient of foreign aid. Also the illegal immigration problem would be a nightmare. Can you imagine all those hookworm-ridden rednecks and their twenty-five children crossing the Mason-Dixon Line in the middle of the night?

by A Southernerreply 1911/07/2012

The red states have most of our military installations. That's no mistake on their part.

by A Southernerreply 2011/07/2012

Wealthy Wall Street capitalists financed the campaign of one of their own - a Bostonian, no less! - and yet is the Southerners who should be punished.

by A Southernerreply 2111/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.