by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

The Jeep ad

"Let Detroit Go Bankrupt"

"Binders full of women"

"Big Bird"

"I like firing people"

So much ...

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

The secret 47 percent video shafted Shitt Romney but good.

People don't like being talked about and told that they're pieces of shit. And then being asked for their vote via a series of lies, deceptions, fraud and bullshit from someone who woke up on third base and thought he hit a triple.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

What am I, chopped liver???

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

Not even Republicans liked him. He told so many lies he no longer even knew what he was saying. Paul Ryan was a disaster, couldn't even carry his own state, they had to hide him out most the the election season. Willard was not trustworthy, his wife sucks everytthing except dick. The whole family made me sick. The thought of that brood in the white house ordering the staff around wiping their asses with special interest money.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

Sandy, you were a bit late to the game. You helped, but you went a little overboard, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

This thread was meant to come with a poll, but thanks anyway, OP-by-proxy.

The poll would have included these options:

1) the dog on the roof,

2) his ill-advised trip to London,

3) Clint Eastwood,

4) James Carter IV / 47 percent,

5) Big Bird,

6) binders full of women,

7) not disclosing his tax returns,

8) not using Ann sparingly,

9) lying Mitt underestimating the American public,

10) Sandy.

Maybe someone can start a new thread, *as a poll* ?

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

People still having a character trait called common sense and him coming off as the shiftiest car salesman ever.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

He is the stereotypical angry old white American.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

Clint Eastwood.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

I tried to overlook it -- but, really, he had no prayer with me once I heard about that poor dog (and how glib Romney acted in regards to it, no big deal).

Ann's patronizing "I looooooove women!" stuck in my craw too. I find myself repeating it once a week whenever I see that kind of fake stewardess sweetness.

And Ryan in that workout gear with backwards cap, pure doofus and he POSED for it, wasn't caught in an off moment.

So much. almost depressing. all that money spent and that out of touch?

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

Where's your empty chair now, Mr. Eastwood? Oh right... at the RNC headquarters!

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

He veered too far right to appease the TP wackos in the party

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

He's too far right.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

Tbere were many, many reasons, but I think the non-stop lies did him in.

Also, more men than women voted for Romney, the rape comments cost him big time too.

And, of course the 47% remarks.

And the fact that republicans were the biggest factor in the economic meltdown and I think many people get that.

The autobail out cost him Ohio, which cost him the election.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

47%, the pathological lying, no tax returns (and no taxes, apparently) and Hurricane Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

That is was a robot?

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2012

R16, I totally agree. Well put.

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

Let's not forget appearing on Univision in brownface. It was kind of like the Howard Dean scream. Candidates have a hard time recovering from looking like fools.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

Because Democratic politicians are educated, intelligent, thinking people and not a bunch of rock pickers with Divinity degrees from Oral Roberts U.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

[quote]Even is 2008, my candidate lost. I was and still am a huge Hillary supporter. To this day, I always believed that she should have been president in 2008 and 2012. I still have that regret, and now she has to wait untl 2016 to be president, and who knows if she'll run or win.

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2012

A woman's right to chews, auto bailout.

by Anonymousreply 2711/07/2012

It's true. There are too many reasons to count.

WORST candidate for POTUS in US history - that much is clear.

And history will not look kindly upon the Republican Party for running atrocities like Sarah Palin, George Bush, and Romney, all in the same decade.

What the Republicans have done to the US in the last twelve years makes countries like Venezuela or the Ukraine seem stable by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2012

His whole cold uncaring billionaire and inability to seem human thing

by Anonymousreply 2911/07/2012

Of course they will run a Hispanic candidate in 2016.

Because they really do think that's all it takes.

But then the south and mid-west will say, "Wait a god-dern minute," and hilarity will ensue.

by Anonymousreply 3011/07/2012

Lost the independents by pandering to the far right. He should've ignored the Tea Party, they had nowhere else to go.

by Anonymousreply 3111/07/2012

47% was the official end of his campaign and consigned him to irrelevance for eternity.

It's why you won't know or remember who he is a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 3211/07/2012

47 push him over the edge, but it was really Clint Eastwood and, before that, his trip to London that exposed and confirmed to a wider audiece that he was ineligible.

He'd kept the veneer or electability until then.

By the time the 47 percent video came around, it was already clear he had had no chance.

The debate hype was contrived bullshit.

London, Eastwood and 47 had already buried him.

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2012

It's tempting to attribute this just to Romney's inadequacies, but I think the reason is more basic: Republican strategy, which paired big money with white male chauvinism and evangelical fervor, is just not demographically sound.

by Anonymousreply 3411/07/2012

Bill Clinton going all out to help Barack Obama also hurt Mitt

by Anonymousreply 3511/07/2012

His heart is two sizes too small.

by Anonymousreply 3611/07/2012

Dear Roger Ailes,

Will Mittens be getting his own show on FOX like Mike Huckabee, or will he become a FOX 'contributor' like me?

by Anonymousreply 3711/07/2012

All of the above. The impression he was desperate for the title but actually didn't care about the people of the job, at least half of them anyway. The fake Ryan photo ops in the soup kitchen, the buying of the food to have it fake donated to him in order to be photographed collecting it. It all said he was only pretending to care. The man SAID he LOVES firing people. WHO LOVES firing people?? Psychos and Sadists.

Most people don't like to be played.

For me though, it was the dog. That straight up told me everything I needed to know about the concrete character of the man and what was missing. And I believe him when he says he loves firing people. He's a natural vulture and good at it. There is a place in this world for vultures, I just don't want them as my President telling me my country is a business when his business, as successful as it was, was gutting companies and destroying jobs.

I could never get a read about what he really stood for because he tried to stand for everything and he said we would have to elect him to find out the fine points of his plan for the economy. Appeared like a crap shoot.

The casual and frequent lying during the debates.

Ryan and his attempting legislation of women's vaginas.

The knowledge that his own party didn't think he was right wing enough but were puttting up with him to get a toehold in order to sock it to us later with their rigid plan for this country. Republican now stands for crazy old white men. They don't appeal to moderate independents like me.

by Anonymousreply 3811/07/2012

It is very frightening how close the race was given how evil Mitt is.

by Anonymousreply 3911/07/2012

What does Sandy have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 4011/07/2012

I doubt that r37, Shitt has no appeal, whereas Huckabee has some, in his own bigoted and idiotically perverse way.

by Anonymousreply 4111/07/2012

It wasn't just the 47% comment but an open disdain for so many groups -- women, gays, etc. There was no way he could claim he was misquoted or misspoke, these were words directly from his mouth. As my mother said shortly before Election Day, "look at the photos of Obana visiting the people at the Jersey shore. You get the impression that he genuinely cares about people and feels their pain. You don't get that with Romney".

by Anonymousreply 4211/07/2012

I agree, start a new thread with a poll.

by Anonymousreply 4311/07/2012

That thought crossed my mind too R37 (or, Suck-it Sarah as I like to call you.)

I hope he doesn't become a talking head on TV.

They really were the most repulsive little group - Mitt, Ann, "the boys" (yuck) and Paul Ryan. Horrible, horrible people every one.

by Anonymousreply 4411/07/2012

That's because Huckabee is funny, R41. Like Abe Lincoln & Will Rogers, only nuts. But still kind of likable.

by Anonymousreply 4511/07/2012

It's a downfall of the entire party which is completely splintered, 100% divorced from reality and blinded by their own self-preservation mixed in with a bunch of ignorant, irrational lemmings who go around spouting FNC talking points without any idea of what they're actually talking about (you can see them on YouTube). And it's ALL WHITE PEOPLE. A lot of them STUPID WHITE PEOPLE.

They're so convinced of their own superiority that they're all over the tube this morning pretending they still have cards to play - none of which would be in the interest of the country - and they somehow hold all the power that being President really isn't the best thing, etc. I mean, they are DELUSIONAL. They represent the worst of America - just look at their history, just go back 40 years. Nothing to be proud of except their vain, self-interested materialism. I mean, Fox News is still acting like Obama won this by a "sliver." Yeah, it was over before 11:30 PM, Fox News. It was hardly a sliver. They're already trying to de-legitimise his win, already saying he has no mandate. No mandate when he won the Electoral College with CONVICTION and his popular vote numbers are nearing the same margin between Bush/Kerry in 2004. He's less the 100,000 votes right now from matching or over-taking Bush's lead and we all remember how then they went on like Bush could re-enact the slave trade so powerful was his MANDATE. Ridiculous.

But I think even their followers are tiring of the pundits always being wrong. My freeper brother couldn't fathom anything but a win for Romney when I spoke with him on Monday afternoon. He said, "If Obama wins then it means that I am so out of touch and just completely clueless." It must be a big day for him today.

by Anonymousreply 4611/07/2012

It was a major downfall, R47.

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/07/2012

[quote]It wasn't really a major downfall.

Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 4911/07/2012

I think Mitt Romney now understands his relationship with the camera and that every time he steps in front of it, it makes him look like a scheming, unscrupulous, shallow liar.

I don't think we'll see him near one again for a long, long time.

Tagg Romney has Liz Cheney potential, if that really counts or is meaningful in any way. I mean, it's not like either one of them has to work.

by Anonymousreply 5011/07/2012

Republicans still having trouble with that reality thing.

by Anonymousreply 5111/07/2012

BTW, R47, the popular votes haven't all been counted.

by Anonymousreply 5211/07/2012

Right r46, Bush claimed a mandate in '04 even though he didn't really have one. Now it's up to Obama to do the same, but I don't think he will. He loves bipartisanship, not mandates. Get ready for Simpson-Bowles grand bargain.

by Anonymousreply 5311/07/2012

Hispanics voted for Obama in droves. Repubs are too far right. Women alarmed by war on women.

The election wasn't all that close.

by Anonymousreply 5411/07/2012

I posted this yesterday on another thread but I think this makes a lot of sense...

by Anonymousreply 5511/07/2012

Another Request for a new thread...

"Republican Meltdowns" Whether you find them on Free Republic, saw them on TV or can link to YouTube video, post them here!

by Anonymousreply 5611/07/2012

everything you all said...

But, I feel the number 1 reason is the 47% comment.

by Anonymousreply 5711/07/2012

The truth shall out!!

by Anonymousreply 5811/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 5911/07/2012

The fact that he's a profoundly unlikeable person.

by Anonymousreply 6011/07/2012

It kills me that they're such sore losers that they're already starting with the "Global Economy Dives Post Obama Win" story.

European markets actually opened high today and, in the UK at least, where I live, the response has been very positive if a little muted which I think is indicative of an overall lack of interest in this election compared to previous years. Frankly, we have our own problems. But Cameron is excited.

R53, I don't Obama is in a position to enact a full ideological agenda based on personal issues with his father or anything but the fact remains - there is a lot of work to do. Americans are far too aware of the problems the country is facing in terms of the economy, jobs, health care, the deficit, regulatory work, the tax code, entitlements, etc., etc., energy! A ton of issues. And I'd rather have somebody like Obama in power when the country is finally forced to deal with these problems than a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 6211/07/2012

[quote]Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Obama won, but I think Romney is not naturally at home with the driving forces within his own party

And this is based on what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 6311/07/2012

CNN is asking "Where did Romney go wrong?"

The real question is "Where Romney didn't go wrong?"

by Anonymousreply 6411/07/2012

[quote]He sounded more authentic and relaxed in his concession speech than he has for months.

I thought he sounded full of simmering rage covered over with a simulacrum of cordiality.

by Anonymousreply 6511/07/2012

What bothered me most was that his scripted or posed appearances seemed awkward, robotic and obvious. His unscripted appearances….well he didn't have many of them. That left me with the feeling that he couldn't be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 6611/07/2012

I think we have to give credit where credit is due... Miss Dionne Warwick & her clever infiltration of the Romney camp.

by Anonymousreply 6711/07/2012

what needful else That calls upon us, by the grace of Grace, We will perform in measure, time and place: So, thanks to all at once and to each one,...

by Anonymousreply 6811/07/2012

I would also give the Rolling Stone article about him and Bain Capital credit for explaining IN DETAIL how Bain Capital destroyed so many US companies and as a result destroyed the financial well being of lower and middle class.

It must have been impossible for any man with common sense to see him as nothing but a traitor who screwed fellow US citizens over for his own personal gain. And you just don't elect someone like him into a position where he could do even greater harm.

I am not a spiteful person, but I did hope that the entire Romney family would get tarred and feathered and then get carried away on railroad tracks to be never heard of or seen again (and with Ralfalca riding into the sunset all by itself).

by Anonymousreply 6911/07/2012

[quote]The fact that he's a profoundly unlikeable person.

Do not underestimate affability.

by Anonymousreply 7011/07/2012

Americans don't mind millionaires succeeding, but Romney and Ryan had no interest at all in economic justice. No one wants the deck stacked against them.

Romney had contempt for non-rich, non-white, non-straight Americans and that showed through.

by Anonymousreply 7111/07/2012

The 47 Percent.

The Year's Best Movie.

by Anonymousreply 7211/07/2012

George. W. Bush.

Try as they might to hide him, not many had amnesia. Those years were so miserable. He and Cheney can take the brunt of blame for the demise of that party. An ugly time in American history that we want to get away from and hopefully Obama will at least get us in the right frame of mind to do so. It's only hope but it's something.

by Anonymousreply 7311/07/2012

He was fundamentaly unfit to serve even the base knew this which is why they were looking for a Great White Hope (or Herman Cain) til the convention.

by Anonymousreply 7411/07/2012

[quote] A woman's right to chews

I don't recall this ever coming during the debates.

by Anonymousreply 7711/07/2012

[quote] it's that people don't believe that our deficits and national debt pose a threat to our economy.

I don't think it's been adequately explained how national debt really does affect our economy, or if it does. And I would also say that even if it does, a lot of people don't believe Romney/Ryan were anymore serious about it than Obama/Biden. We all know candidates all talk about this when running for office, then really do nothing about it when elected.

by Anonymousreply 7811/07/2012

Bill O'Reilly:

by Anonymousreply 8011/07/2012

R81, could you list the 'gravy train' you are referring to?

What comprises the 'gravy train'?

If you are including the millions on social security who are currently in their 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, they paid into the system for years in order to have some money to live on in their older age.

by Anonymousreply 8211/07/2012

This election was over the moment the GOP primary lineup opened their mouths. Clown car is putting it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2012

The 47% comment was the tipping point. It showed exactly what Romney was like. People usually say what they really mean when they think no one can hear them - in this case, even though the comment was made in a room with a lot of people, he could hardly deny the comment as it has been recorded.

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2012

Yeah, I agree with those who said it was EVERYTHING. It all culminated in revealing a man who was not prepared for the position he was running for.

One down, the next to go. I already fear Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 8911/07/2012

I agree, R87. The minute that story broke I knew it was the end of the Romney campaign's hopes. The 47% includes conservatives as well as liberals. Romney couldn't afford to alienate them all.

by Anonymousreply 9011/07/2012

A lot of people are missing something very obvious: his Boston campaign team was grossly incompetent and refused help from seasoned Republican operatives.

And Project ORCA was a colossal failure.

A massive fail.

The idea that election day was a good time to get out the vote is insane.

You should really do that before election day.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 9111/07/2012

I truly believe this election serves as wake up for the Repukes. The simple fact is, the minority coalition of blacks, Latinos, Asians, single women, gays, and the under 30s make it almost impossible for a them to win a general election. Romney SHOULD have won. Twenty years ago, before the coalition voted as they do now, Romney would have won this election in a landslide. It's time for the right to realize they can't get away with backwards social policy and expect us "minorities" to just grin and bear it.

by Anonymousreply 9211/07/2012

I think it's really premature to say that R92.

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2012

I agree, R93, much too sweeping of a proclamation and conclusion at R92.

Romney won 72 percent of the white vote. They had calculated winning 78 percent of the white vote.

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2012

Maybe, R93 and R94. But if I was a republican strategist, I certainly would take a long, hard look at my social issue platform and see if the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater. I contend that many, many moderates, or even closet conservatives (fiscal), would have voted for Romney over Obama if many of the arcane social issues weren't on the table.

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2012

I don't think you mean 'arcane'.

perhaps you mean anachronistic

by Anonymousreply 9611/07/2012

I see your point R95.

by Anonymousreply 9711/07/2012

[quote] I certainly would take a long, hard look at my social issue platform and see if the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater.

There may be a way to say that in a way which cannot possibly evoke women's reproductive rights.

by Anonymousreply 9811/07/2012

I meant archaic, R95. Sorry, was posting from work and doing a few things at once.

by Anonymousreply 9911/07/2012

The biggest failure of all is Mitt himself, and I'm sure he's been whipping himself all day (or whatever it is that sociopaths do) over it. He's a failure in daddy's eyes - you know that's true. But he can't connect with people. The votes and support he got are from people who vote Republican 'just because'. Whatever people say about him is canned rhetoric. I don't think many supporters can truly say what they think or feel about him other than to repeat what they think they're supposed to feel about him.

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2012

I think it was simply his utter lack of authenticity.

by Anonymousreply 10111/07/2012

Billionaires Boys Clubs are OBSOLETE

by Anonymousreply 10211/07/2012

It's hilarious how no one even bothered to address R84.

The Republican Party truly is dying, and the rest of us are moving on with our lives.

by Anonymousreply 10311/07/2012

R1 is right

by Anonymousreply 10411/07/2012

R84 is like some super Republican. It has mutated.

by Anonymousreply 10511/07/2012

[quote]people don't believe that our deficits and national debt pose a threat to our economy

There's a name for those people, they're called REPUBLICANS!!! At least while George W was in office. All this Republican concern over debt magically materialized on Obama's inauguration day.

It's appropriate that the Republicans selected Mitt, because, like him, they have no governing principles. They have one set of beliefs when they are in power, then the opposite set of beliefs when they are out of power.

[quote]I think Romney is a fairly decent man, given his background and circumstances (born to wealth, career in private equity).

I couldn't disagree more. The man's entire life and career, as summed up by other posters on this thread, indicate that he is fundamentally indecent, and no one has even mentioned the bullying incident in private school where he cut off the gay kid's hair, then claimed he DIDN'T REMEMBER the event. Bullshit. And no one HAS to go into a career in private equity where you put other people out of work and ruin companies.

I know politicians are a different breed, but no decent person tells so many bald-faced lies, including ones that assume that his listeners are complete idiots, which is not only dishonest, but insulting.

[quote]The pressure on him to appease the Tea Party and other nutters in the GOP to keep his show on the road distorted his whole personality during the campaign and made him come across as fake and slimy

There's a reason there were so many freaks and losers in the Republican primaries: the more accomplished and stable chose not to subject themselves to the process. Most of us make some compromises in life, but Romney showed he has absolutely no inner core, no set of real beliefs, at least none he would talk about. You don't HAVE to run for president, and if you do, you don't have to tell a lie with every other sentence.

by Anonymousreply 10611/07/2012

One of the first things that stuck with me was Shitt Romney saying, "I was a severely conservative governor."

First of all, no, he wasn't. Secondly, no one talks like that--not even the hardcore conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 10711/07/2012

Every word Romney says is a lie including "and" and "the."

by Anonymousreply 10811/07/2012

I have heard from a reputable source that God did not want Romney to be corrupted by the White House so He did what He needed to do.

by Anonymousreply 10911/07/2012

R109, do you have a hot-line to Kolob, the star-planet where the Mormon God lives?

by Anonymousreply 11011/07/2012

R110--Lighten up, girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 11111/07/2012

Awful, awful man.

Mitt Romney has actually been ELEVATED by his loss, because he now gets to be mentioned in the same breath as men of real achievement and conviction as Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Humphrey, Barry Goldwater, George McGovern, Bob Dole, and Al Gore. He doesn't deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 11211/08/2012

It's a fair trade, R112. Let him be regarded as an honorable also-ran. The alternative is too dreadful to contemplate.

by Anonymousreply 11311/08/2012

[R107] -- I was lurking at Redstate back when he said that, and they thought it was a particularly awkward and stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 11411/08/2012

Republican attempts to suppress minority voters.

by Anonymousreply 11511/08/2012

No recognition for Team Obama?

They spent millions and did a ton of early work on a depiction of Romney as an out of touch, kind of weird, middle-class hating, rich fuck who didn't care about the lives of ordinary Americans.

They did that knowing that he actually IS like that. They bet that it would eventually come out in the campaign. Romney helped the strategy along by shooting his mouth off in the 47% video and proving them right in every possible respect.

But mostly what killed him is that Romney is not personable or likable. People don't want him in their televisions every day for the next four years. The President we have is actually pretty easy to take as a constant presence in American life.

And the ghost of Seamus got some sweet revenge.

by Anonymousreply 11611/08/2012

It's a little late for a Republican to start sniffing about the incivility of politics, r88/r117.

by Anonymousreply 11811/08/2012

Well yeah, genius at R117, the thread is call "Shitt Romney's Downfall." We're just staying on topic.

by Anonymousreply 11911/08/2012

Tell it to Karl Rove, R117.

by Anonymousreply 12011/08/2012

Romney just doesn't seem to like people, which was evident throughout the campaign. He was like the R1 of campaigners. He would always make some mean-spirited or cunty remark to insult his hosts. Like when he criticized the cookies he was given in Pennsylvania because he thought they had come from a 7-11 (when they were actually from the beloved local bakery). Or when he insulted NASCAR fans by mocking their plastic rain ponchos (and insisted that he could relate to NASCAR fans because "some of my best friends own NASCAR teams"). Or when he insulted the Brits by saying he wasn't sure whether they were prepared for the Olympics. The first rule of campaigning has to be "Don't insult your hosts," but Romney couldn't even master that.

by Anonymousreply 12111/08/2012

[quote]No recognition for Team Obama?

[quote]They spent millions and did a ton of early work on a depiction of Romney as an out of touch, kind of weird, middle-class hating, rich fuck who didn't care about the lives of ordinary Americans.

Honest propaganda is effective. Some documentary on the OSS included an interview with a woman who wrote propaganda during the war. I remember her saying that when discussing what they did and what worked.

by Anonymousreply 12211/08/2012

As I have stated several times, George was too good a man to be tainted by the White House What is--is-- Give me some credit here!

by Anonymousreply 12311/08/2012

Wow R117, to complain about "hate" when the Republican platform was based on nothing but hate--hate for the 47%, hate for gays, hate for "victims" hate for people who "want stuff" hate for women, hate for immigrants, hate for minorities etc.-- just goes to show how hypocritical and/or delusion you (and yours) truly are.

by Anonymousreply 12411/08/2012

He totally lost the Muppet vote. Nobody has ever won the White House without the support of the Muppets.

by Anonymousreply 12511/08/2012

Romney finally fell down the rabbit-hole and believed the lies, believed FOX News.

by Anonymousreply 12611/08/2012

r117 and r61 are the most hilarious posters, precisely because they aren't trolls. Their delusion is real, and it's just delicious to behold.

r61: a man who straps his helpless dog to the roof of his car, drives off, with the dog shitting down the windows, in agony - a man who does that is not a 'decent man', and certainly not 'just misunderstood'.

He is a sadist, a sociopath, and a menace to society.

Your idea of decency is truly odd. Maybe Adolf Hitler was misunderstood as well? He had to act all evil to get ahead, and just never had the chance to show his inner kindness.

And r171? Shitt Romney is hating on gay people, so we're hating back on him.

Deal with it, Quisling.

by Anonymousreply 12711/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 12811/08/2012

I think Ann's "stop it!" was just as damaging to Shitt's image and campaign as the 47 % comment.

They weren't ready for the White House, and there is no better way to broadcast that than whining about the hard work to get there.

Shitt's entire campaign really was Ab Fab mixed with Felliniesque madness. Ann as a poor man's (how ironic) Patsy Stone.

Well played, Ann!

by Anonymousreply 12911/10/2012

R129. That's funny. Good 'ol Patsy.

by Anonymousreply 13011/10/2012

Well, she does look like Joanna Lumley, a bit.

by Anonymousreply 13111/10/2012

This explains it.

by Anonymousreply 13211/10/2012

Let's count the ways.

1. He couldn't connect with voters because he didn't stand for anything. Who is Mitt Romney?

2. His base didn't embrace him. Most voted for him because he wasn't Obama. Wall Street supported him because he was going to roll out the goodies. No matter what Rush and O'Reilly say about democrats giving out free stuff, there are a lot of republicans, wealthy republicans, with their hands out looking for free stuff.

3. He's kind of creepy. His wife comes across as snotty. His children are weird.

by Anonymousreply 13311/10/2012

Yeah, cheers, thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 13411/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 13511/10/2012

What precipitated Mitt Romney's downfall the most?

Mitt Romney did. No one wanted THAT to be president.

But can't we start dropping the unnecessary potty talk, with names and such? It makes me feel like we're just the other side of the mob that calls Obama names. We can be gratified that the better man won, that for a moment the nasties lost (although not enough to show a sea change among whites and male voters, who remain scary), and that our rights are a bit more secure.

by Anonymousreply 13611/10/2012

I live in Michigan and Obama did help us and business is slowly picking up. On election night one of our local newscasters broadcast from Ohio and you could tell it was not going tor Romney due to his false claims that Jeep was moving production to China They were pissed.

It gave me faith that people are finally waking up and using common sense to vote. I hope people are sick of the tea party and the extreme religious views. I grew up in the South with that backward mentality and don't want that type of leadership in this country.

Here is to life getting better for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 13711/10/2012

"Fuck you, Katy Perry! I hope someone punches you in your stupid big tits!"

by Anonymousreply 13811/10/2012

In one word:

by Anonymousreply 13911/10/2012

I'm surprised that Obama only beat Romney by two percentage points in Ohio. That's pretty damn close for how much Obama helped Ohio with the auto bailout.

Obama won most of the other swings states by three to six points, amd he didn't do nearly as much for those other states. And in the final days of the campaign, Romney came out with his huge lie about Jeep moving Ohio jobs to China when it was not true as stated by the GM executives.

What the fuck is wrong with Ohio that the Dems didn't have a bigger victory than two friggin points? Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of worrying every goddamn election about what friggin Ohio thinks. After this election, Ohio appears to be pretty goddamn ungrateful.

Get it fucking together, Ohio. You're driving everyone crazy, and you're just not all that important.

by Anonymousreply 14011/10/2012

If the Republicans have any sense, they will forget the Tea Partiers and the extreme bigots come 2016. If they have any hope of regaining the White House, then they should spend the next four years wooing Condolezza Rice. The Ideal candidate. She's a woman, well educated, has served two terms in a Republican administration, is experienced in political office, rather in business and is black. Pair her with a candidate from a hispanic background, have a mixture of both conservative and liberal polices, and bob's your uncle. Plus draft in Laura Bush while they're at it, since she might be able to bridge the divides between the conservative and more liberal factions. The country is changing and they need to be able to reflect that, if they don't, then it's The Handmaid's Tale scenario for America, where an extreme faction took out the government and staged a coup. One of the most frightening books I've ever read and I'm a conservative Catholic. In other words I'd hate to live in Country like the Republic of Gilead where only privileged white men had rights and everyone else was practically reduced to slavery. And the film version was pretty spot on too. Perhaps it's time for a remake. And while they're at it in Hollywood, they should look at 'Resistance', 1992, as well. The movie bombed simply because it was made in the wrong country, Australia. If set in the US, then it would have made far more sense and be far more successful at the box office. It explores the issues of military rule in a democratic country and how ordinary people react.

by Anonymousreply 14111/10/2012

Mrs. Petraeus

by Anonymousreply 14211/10/2012

R140. Right on. I'm sick og Ohio too. Enough spending this much time for a bunch of ingrates.

by Anonymousreply 14311/10/2012

He beat up a gay kid in high school and never apologized or even admitted it. He claimed he "didn't remember". Multiple witnesses have described the scene of him cutting the kid's hair while other guys held him down. The guy later killed himself.

That and his comment to a lesbian mother that he "didn't know you people had families" (and referred to her biological daughter as adopted, after she told him she was her biological mother)...tell me all I need to know about this man. He's evil.

That any gay person can not just defend him, but VOTE for him, boggles my mind.

by Anonymousreply 14411/10/2012

Mitt was the bigger fake in an election of fakery, and enough people saw that.

by Anonymousreply 14511/10/2012

R141, you really think the bigots who would never vote for a black/Latino president if their lives depended on it only make up the EXTREME wing of the Republican party?

by Anonymousreply 14611/10/2012

R145 said it all. He was a fake.

For me it was the arrogance of not feeling like he had to disclose his tax returns, or tell us what his plans were. It was the contempt he had for me the voter by lying, and blatantly switching positions.

by Anonymousreply 14711/10/2012

Romulus's breasts were so tender to the touch, and America can't stand those mewling fibros.

by Anonymousreply 14811/10/2012

People didn't believe Romney's lies. It as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 14911/10/2012

Watch The Walker. It's a good American story.

by Anonymousreply 15011/10/2012

What was funny was Dick Morris on FOX. Every prediction he made, was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15111/10/2012

Romney is, was and always will be a fraud. He probably belives that the lies, deception, secrecy, privileged life and above-it-all attitude is normal because he can't imagine that anyone does anything differently. Even the privileged life...he probably thinks if you dolts would just work harder, you'd be able to figure out the system and get ahead.

Liars think everyone lies. They are immoral people and can't imagine operating any other way. Snobbery and fraud is at Mitt's core.

by Anonymousreply 15211/10/2012

The Romneys are the type who woke up on third base and thought they all hit a triple.

Well guess what? You're out. All of you.

You see Romney, we like firing people too.

by Anonymousreply 15311/10/2012

Romney: Need money for school? Just borrow it from your parents.

by Anonymousreply 15411/10/2012

They are so out of touch, so completely detached, they didn't think there was anything wrong with the way he was responding. Nothing wrong at all with him refusing to divulge his plans, or his tax returns. All those lies? So what. When you don't have any respect for someone you lie to them constantly. Well he isn't even someone I'd want as a neighbor. He's that odd supervisor at work who goes around talking to subordinates then ridiculing them behind their backs.

by Anonymousreply 15511/10/2012

Little things are telling. The dog incident. Cutting that poor guys hair. The picture of him and his school buddies with money sticking out of their pockets, laughing. The car elevator. It goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 15611/10/2012

The GOP base.

Romney had to pander to the crazies in the base to get the nomination. Then he had to shape shift back into Moderate Mitt. He tried really hard, and no one is better at shape shifting than Mitt, but there's just so far one can go.

by Anonymousreply 15711/10/2012

Mitt is the victim of unbounded self-delusion.

by Anonymousreply 15811/10/2012

I'm with R144. When I heard the bullying story and his "I don't recall it" response it freaked me out. If nothing else, someone that capable of violence (any kind of violence) and trying to deny it is evil.

by Anonymousreply 15911/10/2012

R159, I agree. If MR had any capacity for sympathy, or an ounce of decency, he would have apologized if anyone in his entire school shamed or hurt anyone at any time. That's a president I would want; someone who takes responsibility for any wrong doing, and then makes sure that it's corrected.

by Anonymousreply 16011/10/2012

Sandy could have helped him as well. If he had shown one ounce of genuine compassion, he already had enough loony bin followers who had drunk the tainted KoolAid that the extra nutcases could have made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 16111/11/2012

"Vote for me"

"You're as stupid as I think you are"

"It's my turn"

"What have my taxes got to do with the little people???"

"Eating is a benefit"

"47 per cent"

And the ultimate - if you need the wife and family to "humanize" your candidate, make sure the wife and family are human...

by Anonymousreply 16211/11/2012

Oh I hardly think Romney is a sociopath - he's lived in a very different version of American than most of us would recognize and he's had nothing but yes men buzzing in his ear for the last two years. He's out of touch and would have been a clueless puppet for Republican interests from Day One, but ultimately I don't think he's a bad person: just self, stupid, and naive.

by Anonymousreply 16311/11/2012

r163 willfuly ignores all evidence to the contrary of his simpering conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 16411/11/2012

Thanks, R144. Thank you for reminding us what was relevant about this fool's nomination and election defeat for us gay people on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 16511/11/2012

Yes he's a good person!

by Anonymousreply 16611/11/2012

You bet your fucking ass, R67. My cooch has callouses from spreading the Dee-Struction to all those Republicans so they would be too distracted to close the deal.

Now how about showing your patriotic gratitude and sending me some money. This Escalade doesn't pump its own gas, and we've been driving back to LA with no windshield wipers since Dayton. And that big meal of Romney-Spawn that Nippy had has given her an appetite that keeps us detouring to rural maternity wards.

But I'm still waiting for that call from Barry to sing for him and the nation in January. I got me a medley in mind, closing with my Scar Strangled Banner disco thing. I guess he's been a little busy. I heard Michelle is demanding foot massages as pay-back, and you've seen the size of that girl's feet.

Send the money to my Brasil address. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 16711/11/2012

Too many contrary positions and too many equivocations: no one had any idea what he really stood for.

by Anonymousreply 16811/11/2012

No, he's a sociopath. There are multiple stories of him doing cruel, sadistic things just for kicks, e.g., cutting the gay kid's hair, forcing his children's faces into plates, driving hundreds of miles with a terrified dog strapped to the roof of his car. Connect this with his career as a financier involving firing countless people and stealing their pensions, and you've got a world-class sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 16911/11/2012

Zodiac. Killer.

by Anonymousreply 17011/11/2012

He lost because he's a poor leader who was scared of the tea baggers. The majority of voters do not want wacko tea baggers in power, and it was obvious Mitt did not have the spine to deal with them. Also, Ann was repulsive.

America's verdict: Do not want.

by Anonymousreply 17111/11/2012

Ann was repulsive. Even Pickles had more warmth and sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 17211/11/2012

I don't think Condeleeza Rice wants to run. She seems like a very introverted person who somehow ended up with a bunch of extroverts. Probably they needed a token Republican and she was the only one they could find.

She doesn't seem to be mean and vindictive like the rest of them, just a naturally reserved person. That doesn't work in politics, and I think she would hate to be out in front calling the Dem nominee a bunch of names. It's not her style.

by Anonymousreply 17311/11/2012

The GOP is not going to nominate a black closeted lesbian in four years, so just drop that fantasy right now. It's ludicrous. Any woman they nominate will be lily white and vehemently pro-life, with a husband and a brood of children, a la Palin.

by Anonymousreply 17411/11/2012

They miscalculated how many votes they had to steal.

by Anonymousreply 17511/13/2012

Free press represented by blogs, a couple of yet liberal leaning newspapers, and the Rolling Stone article about Romney and Bain Capital. Without them and/or Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert the whole American public would have bought Mitt Romney line, hook, and sinker.

by Anonymousreply 17611/13/2012

It would be hilarious if Condeleeza Rice came out of the closet and said she was a lesbian R174. The Republians would shut up and leave her alone forever and the rest of us would all read the posts at Redstate and laugh our asses off.

by Anonymousreply 17711/13/2012

RACHEL MADDOW. One of our own. Let's give credit where credit is due.

by Anonymousreply 17811/13/2012

[quote]Ann was repulsive. Even Pickles had more warmth and sweetness.

...and she killed a guy.

by Anonymousreply 17911/13/2012

Good points, r176 and r178.

A few journalists who were relentless, and - Rolling Stone. Who would have thought?

by Anonymousreply 18011/13/2012

Bill Clinton's speech. That reminded people that this was George Bush all over again.

by Anonymousreply 18111/13/2012

Romney stood for nothing. He was racist america answer to get the black man out of office. Rush Limbaugh compared Romney to Howdy Dodee.

He was Regan with out a sole.

by Anonymousreply 18211/13/2012

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

by Anonymousreply 18311/13/2012

The truth is, most Republicans who voted, were holding their noses.

by Anonymousreply 18411/13/2012

Reagan had a soul? No. He just had a lot of lies that he told over and over again. His own son said Reagan had no compassion.

by Anonymousreply 18511/13/2012

He stood for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18612/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!