Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rupert continues as Oscar next year, from January to April in London.

Our DL favourite Rupert Everett's movie career may well be over, but he has got rave reviews for his playing of Oscar Wilde in David Hare's play "The Judas Kiss" - there was a post about it here a while back. I saw it in London at a small theatre in Hampstead and then it toured to Dublin and other cities like Brighton and Bath.

The good news is it is now getting an extended run at a main London theatre in the west end, from January through to April, so its quite a success and will attract a lot more attention. If you are a theatre queen and planning a trip to London, do factor it in. It may even make to to Broadway like the previous production in the 90s with Liam Neeson and Tom Hollander. Rupert though is much better and Freddie Fox as Bosie is pretty good too.

Of course there is much nudity as Bosie's Italian boy is naked throughout (and swings his dick walking across the stage - bravo Tom Colley) and the hotel waiter is a hottie too and also bares all, as does the solitary female in the play.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012

Good, I am pleased the play did well, it should get to broadway too - can they cope with male nudity there? but Rupert seems to have revived his career, on stage anyway.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Couldn't they cast Tom Daley in one of the nude parts ?

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

Rupe can continue playing Oscar from now on, its his new incarnation, having used up his previous ones (rent boy, pop star, heart-throb, Madonna friend, drug-ridden has-been etc).

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

Maybe its the nudity thats the draw here?

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

Well, Rupert has been doing respectable stage work for the last several years including a recent revival of Pygmalion and other things I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2012

He was also in Blithe Spirit on Broadway with Angela Lansbury recently .... so he is an established stage name now.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2012

[quote]Good, I am pleased the play did well, it should get to broadway too - can they cope with male nudity there?

Of course! There's been plenty of full frontal male nudity on Broadway (and off). Theater is more liberal about these things than Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.