Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obama's speech

Speaking NOW

by Anonymousreply 3411/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Obama just said he's going to rounding up all the white people and putting them into camps! Michele Obama then came out and said she was going after all of the fat people. In her words, "Start running fatties".

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

LOL R2. You have me chuckling.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

r2 - w&w!

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

We shall not go quietly into the night!

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

He's on fire tonight... this is a brilliant and excellent speech.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

Oh my -- first time Obama ever said the G word in a public speech?

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

Great speech.

Now he needs to earn our votes.

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

The Biden boys! Oh, yeah!

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

No, it's not R7.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

What a dynamic speech. This guy always delivers. I hope this term brings much success to the country. He should bring Bill Clinton out on the stage with him; he had a great influence on the success of the election. I am so, so happy right now!A

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

That was a [bold]great[/bold] speech. Obama was friggin' awesome! What an extraordinary man. Incredibly moving.

I love him and am proud he's our president and so happy this is finally over.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

Seeing Obama and Biden together on stage. I can't stop smiling.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

One of his best speeches. Perfect tone.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

Goddammit Obama, you didn't thank Bill Clinton for working his ass for the Dem National Convention and after you totally fucked up the first debate. Bill Clinton is a major reason you won tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

Unicorns and rainbows and sugar plum fairies, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning on a ride at Disney World tripping on ecstasy! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

R15, after Obama spoke to Mitt, he spoke to Bill.

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

R17. Obama owed it to Bill and owed it to the crowd to thank Bill publicly. And to give a veiled nod to Hillary as his successor when he should have been her successor.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

Someone just coined the term "Obamagasm." Totally fits.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

It's Obama's night!! Shut up!

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

Another listener who thought it was among his best speeches, and that from one of our most impressive orators.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

R18, for the love of GOD. Give it a rest! Are we really going to go through this shit again???

Should he have publicly thanked him? YES. Do I want to listen to people like you start this shit again for four years? NO.

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2012

r 20, the Obamagasm comment was meant as a total description of the feeling most of us are having right now, not a put down:

"This just in: The pro-choice, pro-women, pro-environment, pro gay-marriage, pro-education, pro-health care-reform black guy who seems to genuinely care about the state of the world and helping as many people as possible even though he’s imperfect and can’t get it right every time, he beat out the hollow, wildly dishonest, anti-choice, anti-gay, anti-environment, anti-everything rich guy no one really liked and everyone knew would slam us back a couple generations and a Mormon half.

And lo, it is a good day indeed."

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

Something about Obama that has always made me wonder is that sometimes he comes across as unsure of himself and is tongue-tied. He often stumbles and misspeaks when he's speaking extemporaneously. Then he comes along with one of these speeches like tonight where he's on fire. I wish he could have been like this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

Kept waiting for Obama and Biden to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

I'm at a point now where as a NYer, I demand that Donald Trump and FOX are removed from this city. They have no business existing in this city.

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2012

Don't be selfish, R26. Remove them from the planet!

by Anonymousreply 2711/07/2012

Sorry, R27. I was being selfish.

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2012

What was going one with Chris Matthews after that speech?! He was being so persnickety and was practically having a hissy fit on air about the fact that Obama didn't bring up the Democratic Party specifically, including all the wins the Dems had tonight and the fact that he didn't name check Bill Clinton specifically. He was essentially pissed that Obama didn't make the speech more partisan and in a huff said, "I'm done!" It's a shame that he couldn't just bask in the afterglow of a brilliant speech and an unprecedented political moment a bit before picking it apart.

by Anonymousreply 2911/07/2012

Chris is just very old school Democrat, and in the past a Dem president would acknowledge the rest of the team/party. That's all. He's very wedded to the greater good of the party, not necessarily making the other guys (Repubs) feel good.

It's ok if he doesn't agree with every single thing Obama does. Really, it is. He's still a liberal Dem.

by Anonymousreply 3011/07/2012

Well, no... Obama is a moderate centrist Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 3111/07/2012

Shit, he's a conservative Democrat. Ten years ago, he would actually be considered a moderate Republican.

I am very happy for the outcome. Now, let's hope that Obama doesn't get mired in "bipartisanship."

by Anonymousreply 3211/07/2012

Chris also doesn't have a filter, especially when he's tired. His "I'm glad for the storm last week" remark is going to cause major meltdowns in the blogosphere.

He only had seconds of time to say he didn't mean the deaths and destruction. He was trying to talk about bipartisan cooperation but it was horrible phrasing.

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2012

R33, I was going to post about that.

I knew what he meant, but the phrasing was awful and no doubt the jackals will attack.

And you just know they were all pissed that that's how the broadcast ended.

by Anonymousreply 3411/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!