Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I thought the Repubs were fixing all the elections?

With the electronic voting machines, Diebold, etc...

Where's our conspiracy theorists to explain how Obama won? And how we won so many Senate and gay marriage votes?

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2012

Those were valid concerns, and Republicans very obviously did suppress the vote. It just didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Um, asshole? In Ohio, they sure as hell tried... which is why it went to COURT. The reason they couldn't was because every attempt to pull shit was revealed.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

R2 is right.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

" I wipe back to front. "

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

They did cheat...that is why the vote is so close. They could not completely close the gap, as Obama should've won by 4-6 points.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Not for lack of Republican attempts, OP. From the video at link:

"I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney.

I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'.

From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine."

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

They tried. They failed. I hope President Obama puts some people on voting fairness in his second term, because what the ballot tampering and voter suppression the Republicans tried again in this election has got to stop.

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

The final results are what the polls predicted, or even better. So how can you say there was fraud by companies like Diebold?

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

OP...this time 'round, the Dems had more then 2,500 lawyers on the ground in swing states to handle any slimey Repugs doing anything underhanded. The Dems were taking no chances this time.

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

We don't know what the final vote counts are yet, R8, but there's no denying that the GOP deliberately made it harder for the working classes to vote.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

Once again, don't be so common op. It is boring.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

The GOP made it harder because don't you know that voter fraud is so rampant that people were willing to wait hours in line to commit it???

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

I have some questions for you, OP.

Do you genuinely believe it is appropriate for the son of a presidential candidate to own voting machines? Do you really believe Diebold has not stolen from voters the most sacred right in a democracy, the right to vote? Do you believe the Ohio Secretary of State was simply doing his job during this election? Do you believe the drive to require more identification than anyone has ever needed to vote in the U.S. is really about trying to bring about an honest and fair election?

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

Obama said about voter suppression in his victory speech, "we've got to do something about that."

Hopefully, he really will do something this time.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

He needs to put the Justice Department on voter suppression. It's not going to go away.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

Suddenly, Jerry Brown's Prop 30 passed after trailing for the whole night.

Since previous elections have left me so wounded, I started wondering if Something had Happened.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

[quote] "I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney.

In this case, if there were intentional shenanigans going on, don't you think they'd make it less obvious than this?

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

How many didn't notice, R17?

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

They cheated and still lost. Fuck the GOP. In the words of EVITA, "Your despicable class is dead. Look who they are calling for now."

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

Because they bet the farm on Florida, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

[quote]they bet the farm on Florida

without realizing how many non-Cuban Latinos live there now...

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

Happy and relieved today, but rat-faced Jon Husted still needs to be thrown UNDER the jail.

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2012

OP. I was wondering that myself. Specifically about the conspiracy of the electronic election machine rigging. Why didn't Diebold just tinker w/the election numbers more and give Rommney a WIN in at least Ohio?>>>

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

Don't have any illusions about that, their motto about fixing shit up is "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again", and they DID in 2000 and 2004. Now that Democrats are less naive about how low the republicans can go we're going to have to be wise (and vigilant) to their shit from now on. Let's hope in the long run that we can evolve a multi-party system (and a better passenger train system, just thought I'd throw that in...) in this country and the republican party fades away. Just as a fanciful note, as long as Indiana, as a northern state that should know better, is dumb enough to keep voting republican in these elections, then it is only fair that we take at least one or more crucial southern states--Virginia will do this time, especially as it contains the erstwhile capitol of the Confederacy and Florida just because....anyone remember the bullshit pulled there in 2000?

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

They got caught red handed in Philly. They didn't count on people using their cell phones to document it. Also Husted didn't count on people uniting against him. I do believe that Romney's concession came after carefully considering not to stir up that hornet's nest in Ohio, because ti would have made the GOP look bad.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

I loved Karl Rove last night. Apparently he thought the fix was in for Ohio, and Ta Da!

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2012

Dlers on the Fox thread are talking about how Rove just knew something about Ohio when he would not accept the results. Perhaps they had planned to steal the votes, but someone in the loop did not do what he or she was supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 2711/07/2012

Lying, cheating Repukes. All within the cloak of Morals! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2012

R25, the Romney camp probably waited to see which way other states would go before openly challenging the Ohio results. When it became clear that Obama would get 270 electoral votes without Ohio, they had to drop that plan and concede.

Don't think for a minute that computerized vote-flipping is a tinhat theory. They have to be more careful know that the whole country is looking for it. Elections will still be stolen, they'll just have to be more discreet about it than they were in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 2911/07/2012

Rove reminded me of "Mortimer Duke" (Trading Places) on the floor of the stock exchange screaming "Turn those machines back on!"

You lost, entitled turdblossom!

by Anonymousreply 3011/07/2012

Yes & even with all the tampering, America still said no !!

by Anonymousreply 3111/07/2012

Vote tampering can only help in a very tight race.

by Anonymousreply 3211/07/2012

Everybody knows the best geeky programmers are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!