Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ok that's over now, on to Anne Hathaway vs. Sally Field!

Sally is a loving mom to a gay son!! Anne takes her floppy tits out too much.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

Anne's boobs are magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

Anne has an openly gay brother and she and her family have been major supporters of marriage equality in NY for years, long before others jumped on the boat.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

Nice try freeper with the Anne vs Sally thread but Obama still won.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

God. I hope that insufferable twat Hathaway doesn't win. Sally has never lost an Oscar--she won both times she was nominated. Hope she gets #3.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

I'm not a freeper!!!!

(photos of Anne's gay brother please!)

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Anne and her family. The gay brother is the one on her right.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

oh cutey!...(at first I read the right...not her right...big difference)

is he an actor too?

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

Thanks for the pic R6

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

Sally Field is already getting raves. From EW..."Field's performance is shattering — in a few furious scenes, she redefines this First Lady as a woman whose supposed madness reflected a humane fervor as sterling as her husband's."

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

Sally Field could sweep all four major critics awards and win the Golden Globe.

Academy voters will still give the Oscar To Anne

They have a history of giving the Supporting actress Oscar to the young actress of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

r10, that wasn't the case with Melissa Leo, was it?

Folks, please listen up: the Academy hasn't nominated Sally Field ever since she gave that embarrassing acceptance speech in 1985. No nominations for: Murphy's Romance, Steel Magnolias (!), Not Without My Daughter, or Forrest Gump.

They clearly have buyer's remorse.

It's doubtful Field will even be nominated for her hammy work in Lincoln, much less win.

Needless to say, competition is STIFF this year: Annette Bening (Imogene), Judi Dench (Skyfall), Maggie Smith (Marigold Hotel), Amy Adams (The Master), Helen Hunt (The Sessions), and AH, all of whom are knocking on Oscar's door.

Dench or Bening will win. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

Sorry, The Streep Troll, but the legendary Sally Field will TIE her peer Meryl Streep: Two Best Actress Oscars and One Best Supporting Actress.

I know that eats you up inside to have ANY actress from Streep's generation to tie her with the same number of Oscars, but that's something you'll just have to deal with, dear. Sowwie! :)

Hollywood adores Sally Field and the critics are raving over her performance. She'll walk home with the gold come Oscar night.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

I hate Anne Hathaway, whether her tits are perky or pancakes. I have asked on several threads why she is appealing. I see why her brother is!

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

Most critics hated Steel Magnolias, I know Julia got a nom but it's revisionist to say the movie was true Oscar bait. It might be considered a classic now by the same people who think Beaches is a classic, but the critics thought they were mawkish tripe. Sally just had the best roles of her career prior to turning 40. Same old story, older actresses have to struggle for good roles.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

r12, Judi Dench is going blind - this'll be her last chance to get a second Oscar.

Bening has been snubbed numerous times, they can't afford to do that another time.

Amy Adams has been nominated too often as well.

Three good reasons that stand against your precious Sally Field winning a third Oscar.

No way is that going to happen, and it is you who has to deal with that little fact.

Steven Spielberg directing an Oscar winning performance - has never happened, will never happen.

And she is one hammy actor on top of that.

If Hollywood "loved her", as you say, they'd have nominated her for that runaway hit Forrest Gump OR for Oscar bait Steel Magnolia.

It didn't happen.

For a reason!

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

It really does seem personal with you though, Streep troll. That you don't like that Sally would tie Meryl. I haven't seen the movie so I can't judge, but with all the critical acclaim for her it's very unlikely she's as bad as you're making out.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

Re. 16 - actually, Field would tie Kate Hepburn. 3 'Best Actress' wins. Streep has won 3 Oscars, but 1 was for supporting. Sally's won 2 'Best' - so it would put her alone with Kate. we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

[quote]Needless to say, competition is STIFF this year: Annette Bening (Imogene), Judi Dench (Skyfall), Maggie Smith (Marigold Hotel), Amy Adams (The Master), Helen Hunt (The Sessions), and AH, all of whom are knocking on Oscar's door.

What a sad ass list. Dench plays Judi Dench it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Bening is another dumbass who overacts but critics publicly masturbate over her mediocre work!

Adams? It's ridiculous how many times she has been nominated. Three nominations in five years? For Amy fuckin Adams? Jaysus. I'm also shocked at how much work she gets...6 films either in post or pre. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

R11 Melissa Leo Oscar win was partly a make-up Oscar for losing once before.

Since 2000 they have given the Oscar to

Marcia Gay Harden, Jennifer Connelly, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renée Zellweger, Cate Blanchett, Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Hudson, Tilda Swinton, Penélope Cruz, Mo'Nique, Octavia Spencer

With the exception of Melissa Leo, Tilda Swinton and Marcia Gay Harden ALL of the names above were up-coming young actress of the moment.

Also names from the past who won in this category Marisa Tomei, Mira Sorvino, Juliette Binoche, Angelina Jolie etc

Oscar has a consistent track record to deny a previous winner/vet in this category and give it to the young actress of the moment.

So watch for Anne Hathaway to take.

This is not me saying this, but past Oscar's track record.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

I think, if I use R20 logic, Amy Adams should win.

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

Well either Amy Adams or Anne Hathaway. Both would be considered 'make-up' Oscars for the young up-coming actress.

Sally Field has two. The Academy will not vote for her to give her a third, given past Oscar history in this category.

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

Sally Field is in her 60s playing Mary Todd in her 40s? Also, I think DDL is much younger than her too, and Lincoln was older than MT. I know people aged faster back then. But good on her if she looks that young.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

[quote]Judi Dench is going blind - this'll be her last chance to get a second Oscar

would not surgery at hospital for cataracts help me?

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.