Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When I was young, I loved election night. Now I'm old and stressed out, not so much.

Granted, I'm antediluvian, generationally speaking. I watched Adelai and Sparkman, Adelai and Kefauver lose to Eisenhower. I watch so many Dems bight the dust trying to get elected. I had all my states marked as to which candidate would carry the state and excitement was maintained through each crashing defeat. Now with more than a good chance of seeing Obama re-elected, I don't want to allow the network dumbnuts jostle my my nervous system.

I will be watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory instead.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

I meant: bite the dust

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

One is NEVER too old or stressed to love election night, be fascinated by it, be a political junkie, and enjoy the excitement.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

I have been channel surfing all the broadcast and cable stations and none of them offer exciting or even interesting coverage. It's all about Ohio. I, too, will be watching re-runs of Big Bang, catch up on the episode of Walking Dead I missed on Sunday, and maybe even watch Dexter, Homeland and the Good Wife again. Around midnight I will tune into MSNBC to see how things are going. In OHIO.

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

dimwits and sourpusses and unengaged in very important happenings

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Me, too, OP, but I don't like this Big Bang episode so I'm surfing between NBC, MSNBC and PBS. When Covert Affairs comes on, I'll watch this, and, then I'll hit Colbert, if a new episode is on. The point is, I'm chewing my nails too much already. I don't like these wins in any state for Romney. If Obama maintains the lead in Pennsylvania and Florida, we're in good shape, but these still have a ways to go.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

I used to feel the same way, OP. Now I just get nervous and sick.

I'm going to the gym. Then I'm going to come home and have a drink and something to eat.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

Wow! Someone who's older than I am. I was alive for the second Ike/Adlai election, but too young to remember. First one I remember was Kennedy/Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Polls have not closed in CA yet and I make it a habit not to watch any returns until after the polls close here.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!