Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When I was young, I loved election night. Now I'm old and stressed out, not so much.

Granted, I'm antediluvian, generationally speaking. I watched Adelai and Sparkman, Adelai and Kefauver lose to Eisenhower. I watch so many Dems bight the dust trying to get elected. I had all my states marked as to which candidate would carry the state and excitement was maintained through each crashing defeat. Now with more than a good chance of seeing Obama re-elected, I don't want to allow the network dumbnuts jostle my my nervous system.

I will be watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory instead.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

I meant: bite the dust

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

One is NEVER too old or stressed to love election night, be fascinated by it, be a political junkie, and enjoy the excitement.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

I have been channel surfing all the broadcast and cable stations and none of them offer exciting or even interesting coverage. It's all about Ohio. I, too, will be watching re-runs of Big Bang, catch up on the episode of Walking Dead I missed on Sunday, and maybe even watch Dexter, Homeland and the Good Wife again. Around midnight I will tune into MSNBC to see how things are going. In OHIO.

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

dimwits and sourpusses and unengaged in very important happenings

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Me, too, OP, but I don't like this Big Bang episode so I'm surfing between NBC, MSNBC and PBS. When Covert Affairs comes on, I'll watch this, and, then I'll hit Colbert, if a new episode is on. The point is, I'm chewing my nails too much already. I don't like these wins in any state for Romney. If Obama maintains the lead in Pennsylvania and Florida, we're in good shape, but these still have a ways to go.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

I used to feel the same way, OP. Now I just get nervous and sick.

I'm going to the gym. Then I'm going to come home and have a drink and something to eat.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

Wow! Someone who's older than I am. I was alive for the second Ike/Adlai election, but too young to remember. First one I remember was Kennedy/Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Polls have not closed in CA yet and I make it a habit not to watch any returns until after the polls close here.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.