Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Not watching election results

I voted for Obama and expect him to win but I won't be watching the results tonight. Too many talking heads and "experts". Too many exit polls and estimated guesses. I may tune in around midnight. If not, I can wait to see the results tomorrow morning. Anyone else feeling the same way or are most people keeping their attention glued to the tv?

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012

Same here. Too much filler in elections.

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

I'm completely with you. I went for a run, said a prayer and donated $$ to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief. I've got classical musical on & I'm cleaning my house. All this endless speculation about "well if X happens.." makes me crazy. Plus, real results won't come until midnight and I don't want to be up all night. I'll wake up in the morning and God willing OB will still be president!

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

Too nervous to watch, too anxious not to watch. I don't know what I'm doing to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

I believe the media has concocted false 50/50 polls to create a frenzy, to keep everyone tuned-in.

Step right up, folks- enjoy the show!

... and now a word from Hot Pockets*

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

I'm not watching or listening to any punditry tonight. I'll just check in on the actual returns.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

Well, we might post some spoilers here.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

I'm not watching either, OP...too nervous to watch.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

I'll be checking here, Democratic Underground and a news site until about 6pm, pacific time. By then, most of the results come in pretty quickly. And a few CA propositions are pretty important to me so I want to see how they come along.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

OP, my level-headed dad called me this afternoon to make sure I voted, and then he'd ask if I'd be staying up to watch the returns. I told him know, but he made a good point: You can ignore the results and go to bed, but as soon as you wake up and turn on the TV, that's all everyone's going to talking about.

Whatever happens tonight, it won't keep me from falling asleep (long day!), but I'd encourage people to bite the bullet tonight rather than spend all day tomorrow in mourning if things don't turn out the way you wished.

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

Actually, I am glad to read these responses & realize that I am not the only one that is very nervous about these results. Sometimes I feel like I am too invested in the outcome of this election. This woman I worked with told me today she might not vote if the lines were too long & I'm sure I had a completely horrified look on my face. I live in MD, which BO will easily win, so it's not that big of deal.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2012

I posted on another thread that I thought the coverage on the broadcast and cable channels were repetitious and rather boring and got flamed for it. Watching re-runs of Big Bang, Walking Dead and Revenge. Will check in with MSNBC to see how things are going in OHIO around midnight. Might have to avoid DL, too.

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2012

Watching the Constance Bennett marathon on TCM. I know they had a politics in the movies thing going on, but why didn't they schedule some election themed movies tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012

It's like a car accident, I can't look away, but I can't blame you either, OP. I saw Dan Rather earlier saying he was eating 3,000 calorie "snacks" all day. If Rather is a nervous wreck, I don't feel bad. On the other hand, I've had to try very hard all day not to nervous eat myself.

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2012

The "constant campaign" is too much for me -- it was over for me months ago. I stopped watching as soon as I knew who the R nominee was, and I'll turn on the TV in the morning and be surprised no matter what happens.

As for now, I'm watching Rosemary's Baby on the Sundance channel. I probably haven;t seen it in 30+ years.

Hail Satan! Hail Adrian! Have some tannis root!

by Anonymousreply 1511/06/2012

Rosemary's Baby grew up to be the Republican candidate. Would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1611/06/2012

Like another post stated, I'm glad I'm not the only one anxious about this. I'm turning off the tv soon (though I am watching Sin Takes a Holiday, my Rathbone was dapper) and am going to get drunk and watch tv. I may be awake around midnight and will turn on the tv to see the results. Either way, I feel prepared. Prepared to spend the day nursing a hangover ina fetal postion (if fucking Romney wins) or nursing a hangover and celebrating if Obama wins.

goodnight and good luck

by Anonymousreply 1711/06/2012

I'm with you, OP. been cooking and listening to UK radio stations on my ipad to avoid hearing anything about the election. I'll probably tune in at 11pm Eastern to the Daily Show / Colbert coverage because by then the polls will be closed on the West coast. I'm stressed out and trying not to be. I voted and it's outta my hands. Might have to start drinking soon to take the edge off.

by Anonymousreply 1811/06/2012

OP - I'm the same as you - I've been made up all year. There's no fucking way I'd vote for a Republican in a federal election (I have voted for ones in local elections due to other issues).

But this whole thing makes me sick to watch. Particularly because you know there's going to be fraud and I just can't stomach it.

Can't wait for tonight to be over.

by Anonymousreply 1911/06/2012

You guys are missing a party!

Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 2011/06/2012

Not watching, r20. And, avoiding the other political threads.

by Anonymousreply 2111/06/2012

We Won you doofus!

by Anonymousreply 2211/06/2012

We won! yay!

Don't worry, OP, you can turn it on and watch the party now!

by Anonymousreply 2311/06/2012

OP here. I did turn on MSNBC shortly before midnight. The point wasn't to avoid ALL election coverage but most of it since so much is filler and bullshit from all the network's commentators.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

Whatever, R24.

It was an experience not to be missed.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!