Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am going to have a panic attack about the election

Someone hold me.

by Anonymousreply 4011/06/2012

I can't eat or drink right now!!

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

All I can do is eat! Almost a whole box of rice noodles with peanut sauce and thai cashews, a box of Ginger lemon cookies...ugh...nerves

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

Davids ...hold her!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

Just had a large piece of Chocolate cake..yes, too many nerves!

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Try drugs.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

You know what's funny? DL-ers have not been nearly as vicious towards Romney as they were towards Hilary in 2008. It's a far more pleasant place this time around.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

I feel like I'm going to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Oh, you bitches don't know the half of it.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

I'm frightened Auntie Em, I'm frightened!!

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

Don't get your magic panties in a wad. Close your eyes and think of Ann Romney as a blow-up doll with her legs in the air.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2012

Can we riot and go burn down rich people's houses if Obama loses? I really want too.

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012

This is why pot needs to be legalized.

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2012

Amen, R13, I'm happy to be living in CA tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1411/06/2012

You mean the bankers, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1511/06/2012

Simmer down, mary.

We've lived through horrors before, we can do it again if we have to.

By god, we're Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1611/06/2012

At least psycho Kristen's back on Days of Our Lives so if things go tits up, I can live vicariously through her...

by Anonymousreply 1711/06/2012

A Visionless Party With More Money Than Brains

How Obama Made an Easy Race Too Close

One day before Election Day 2012 and the incredible has come true. Obama is neck and neck with Romney when, even with his disappointing record, Obama should be landsliding Romney and his Party of Big Business.

For all his billions plus campaign dollars, President Obama has missed out on repeatedly emphasizing the most obvious flaws of the Romney/Ryan campaign for a complete takedown.

If a year ago, people with a casual interest in politics were told that Obama’s opponent was a man who has secret bank accounts abroad, withholds his tax returns, maneuvers his various incomes in tax escape islands abroad, runs a takeover business that destroys or exports jobs, declares contempt for 47 percent of Americans receiving public benefits, adopts the Ryan Budget that shreds America’s public services, corporatizes Medicare, bloats the military budget, and further entrenches the domination of the one percent over American workers at a time of overall declining livelihoods and growing poverty, wouldn’t they conclude that the President was a shoo-in for re-election?

The Democrats failed to follow a cardinal rule of politics. Never let the public forget your opponent’s most serious liabilities. Sure, Obama’s televised ads battered Romney during the summer. Sure, when Romney picked Paul Ryan as his running mate, the Democrats portrayed the Ryan budget as cruel, dishonest and economically destructive (e.g. in the name of spending austerity, the Ryan budget still contains deficits past the 2040s, by his own admission).

But in the final eight weeks of the campaign you repeat these grim and dim positions over and over again. If you don’t, Romney’s ads and the dittoheads running Obama’s campaign involuntarily converge to produce voter amnesia.

Have you seen the Democrats hammering in the secret tax returns and bank accounts lately? Have you seen the grisly details grinding down people’s economic, health and safety well-being and sense of security contained in the unchained Ryan budget? They have virtually disappeared from the horse-race obsessed mainstream media – print and electronic – and pointedly from Obama and unions advertisements. Until the final hour, repetition of your political opponent’s worst failings before the undecided voters, that a winner-take-all election makes so pivotal, is the recipe for victory. It also changes some decided minds and induces some Romney-leaning voters to stay home. Better yet, it throws the Republicans on the defensive all the way down to local elections.

But then what can you expect from a visionless political party that has more money than strategic brains. Obama’s advisers tell him to run by himself and not with his Democratic members of Congress, who he needs to retake the House and keep the Senate in order to and get anything done in his second term. Worse, as Matt Bai wrote Sunday in The New York Times, Obama has had no narrative for America’s future.

The Democratic National Committee went along with letting their chief nemesis in Congress- Speaker John Boehner – run unopposed by a Democratic candidate in his Ohio District. Unopposed! A free ride! Newt Gingrich never did that when, as a junior Congressman from Georgia, he led the movement to dump Democratic House Speaker Jim Wright and shortly thereafter defeat the sitting Speaker Tom Foley in Foley’s own Washington state Congressional district.

But then who ever thought the Democrats had the energy, persistence and brashness to take on their opposing political giants and topple them?

Kevin Phillips was so right when he said years ago that the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is that the former go for the jugular while the latter go for the capillaries.

by Anonymousreply 1811/06/2012

Today, the only calls I got, were from Democrats, asking me to vote.

by Anonymousreply 1911/06/2012

I am popping Gabapentin like Tic-Tacs.

by Anonymousreply 2011/06/2012

Ralph Nader has been dead to me since he caused the Dubya sneak-in. He's an egotist who is no longer relevant about ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 2111/06/2012

If Romney wins, the world will indeed end in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 2211/06/2012

Where is the new fucking official election thread? The other one cut off at 610!

Someone fucking start a new one!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2311/06/2012

The suspense is terrible...!

...I hope it will last!

by Anonymousreply 2411/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 2511/06/2012

Here you go R23

by Anonymousreply 2611/06/2012

Thank you, r25. I was about to consume another cookie if someone didn't start a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 2711/06/2012

I'm drinking and I rarely drink...

by Anonymousreply 2811/06/2012

I'll hold you, OP, but I warn you, I'm pretty fat.

Is your panic stil about the election?

by Anonymousreply 2911/06/2012

No, your erection.

by Anonymousreply 3011/06/2012

Don't drink, R28. This is why they invented chocolate. Or even hot chocolate.

It's going to be a long night.

by Anonymousreply 3111/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 3211/06/2012

Wrong. Keep drinking!

by Anonymousreply 3311/06/2012

We don't want you to drink, R28. Please!

by Anonymousreply 3411/06/2012

I just downed 10 taco bell tacos now I've got the runs

by Anonymousreply 3511/06/2012

r33 = John Goodman's "Flight" character

by Anonymousreply 3611/06/2012

I just found a one pound ballotine of Leonida's chocolate in the espresso cup drawer....this is trouble

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2012

I have horrible gas.

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2012

I'm a gonna need a Pepcid, stat.

by Anonymousreply 3911/06/2012

Drinking stops gas, you know.

by Anonymousreply 4011/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!