Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Donald Trump: Humanitarian

'Celebrity Apprentice' special treatment has gas-deprived New Yorkers fuming

There is no gas shortage in New York City -- if your name is Donald Trump. This weekend, according to Gawker, a BP station in Yonkers was opened specifically for 18 "Celebrity Apprentice All Stars" vans and closed again after they filled up.

The fleet arrived to find that activity at the gas station had already attracted a long line of motorists (despite a sign reading "No Gas"). Yonkers police blocked the line's access to the station so the vans could pull in and help themselves.

Vans are traditionally used to shuttle "Celebrity Apprentice" cast members to and from the tasks featured on the show. According to a letter Gawker attributes to a member of the show's crew, this season, they are also transporting crew members with no other means of getting to work.

Television shows always receive special treatment from the cities in which they shoot. And although people complain when streets are cordoned off to facilitate sets and VIP parking, most accept this as a price to pay for the millions of dollars in tourism these shows help generate.

Yet rarely does an example of this preferential treatment put a television show so at odds with the community that hosts it. New York has been plunged into a state of emergency by Hurricane Sandy: Gas is needed to aid in cleanup and search efforts. And 18 "Celebrity Apprentice" crew members could have been paid to sit in seven-hour gas lines along with everyone else.

"Bodies are floating in NJ, old people are still stranded and hungry and cold, (and) people are bringing guns to gas stations," commented one Gawker reader. "Put a pause on the show and … help those (expletive) people."

Added another commenter: "Next time disaster strikes, I hope we send in only TV crews to assist those in peril. FEMA, first responders, and the National Guard can sit back and watch how it's done."

How do you feel about Donald Trump receiving this preferential treatment during a state of emergency?

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012

There needs to be a huge boycott of his trashy show.

by Anonymousreply 111/07/2012

I love that this is hitting the entertainment media because it might be the only way people get the message.

He doesn't seem to have made any proclamations about his state of mind concerning the storm's aftermath and its effect on New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 211/07/2012

r1 how can people boycott a TV show if nobody even watches it to begin with? Donald Trump is funding that show with his own $$$.

by Anonymousreply 311/07/2012

We need to boycott NBC, not just his shit show. NBC needs to get the message that this pile of excrement should not be rewarded for his sickening behavior.

by Anonymousreply 411/07/2012

[quote]how can people boycott a TV show if nobody even watches it to begin with?

Nice wishes, r3, but not true. It would be great if "nobody" even watches but you know that's bullcrap. DL usually has threads commenting on the show. I've never watched but there's not the slightest doubt that people are watching, so, yes, there needs to be a boycott.

by Anonymousreply 511/07/2012

Same here, R5. Never watched even a second of anything he does. How anyone has the ability to look/listen to him for even a moment without projectile vomiting is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 611/07/2012

And the dumbfuck hasn't learned that once you put it on the internets, it's here FOREVER.

[quote]@DanAmira: Donald Trump has deleted some of his dumber, more hysterical tweets. We saved them here:

by Anonymousreply 711/07/2012

"most accept this as a price to pay for the millions of dollars in tourism these shows help generate"

"The Apprentice" generates millions of dollars in tourism??

Really? REALLY???

by Anonymousreply 811/07/2012

I have watched the show and they do give a lot of money to charity, however if The Donald was replaced by someone else, it wouldn't change the show at all. He is irrelevant in my opinion.

But I can see a big backlash because don't mess with New Yorkers by taking what is rightfully theirs. They will turn on you in a second. My mother has told me about people waiting hours for a few gallons of gas out there and if you cut them in line...

The show will be cancelled after this year, due to ratings drop.

by Anonymousreply 911/07/2012

R9, is your last line opinion or fact? Please put a smile on face by saying it's the latter.

by Anonymousreply 1011/07/2012

Nobody watches The (Celebrity) Apprentice because they like Dondald Trump. They watch the show either because they love to hate him and/or because of the celebrity editions where hasbeens pretend to endure his presence for charity (but it's really for the media exposure). I wouldn't be surprised if Stacey Dash made that Romney endorsement only to be on Trump's show and become the winner by default, because Trump likes her so much for (fake?) endorsing Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1111/07/2012

Someone at NBCUniversal should address this. Quickly.

by Anonymousreply 1211/07/2012

Actually, WE should be addressing NBCUniversal with protests.

by Anonymousreply 1311/07/2012

R12, NBCUniversal is a clueless company. They won't address this until the other networks plaster it all over their news.

by Anonymousreply 1411/07/2012

Guuuurl! He's mad at Brian Williams for calling him out for what he is. Comedy gold:

[quote]Brian, if I'm "well past the last exit to relevance" how come you spent so much time reading my tweets last night? @NBCNightlyNews Expand 42m Donald J. Trump Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

[quote]Brian Williams was never a smart guy but always passes himself off as such. People will learn the truth! @NBCNightlyNews Expand 44m Donald J. Trump Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

[quote]Brian, I hope @NBCNightlyNews isn't paying you too much--look at what's happening to nightly news.Expand 46m Donald J. Trump Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

[quote]Brian--Thanks dummy--I picked up 70,000 twitter followers yesterday alone. Cable News just passed you in the ratings. @NBCNightlyNews

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2012

Please don't watch the show. Better yet never turn on NBC as long as they cater to the Donald and the corpse upon his head.

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2012

Oh, isn't The Donald touchy?

The reason Brian Williams called you out, asshole, is because your meltdown has been reported WORLDWIDE - and ridiculed universally.

"I picked up 70,000 twitter followers yesterday alone"

Mental breakdowns - always attractive on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2012

The ratings for the show have always been very low. NBC the basement dweller in the ratings department had no choice but to keep renewing it.

However since the Olympics NBC is on the upswing and doing well since. It will be interesting if Trumps shit show does poorly this fall. NBC will pull the plug after this season.

It makes sense to boycot this asshole's crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

This must be publicised and when all is back ap and running that service station must be boycotted and run out of the neighborhood.

Then when the show is aired, an advertiser boycott put in place. This must not be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

Have the celebrities been determined yet? How does this work? Do agents for C and D listers approach Trump or does Trump approach them? Maybe his hissy fit will make some potential contestants turn it down.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

I do not think most of Courtney Loves followers are there because she presents interesting dialogue!

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2012

I hope everyone is tweeting and supporting Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2012

I ♥ Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2012

Chump always claims his enemies are always stupid. He couldn't shine Brian Williams shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!