Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In Ohio, African-American Turnout Threatened by Reduced Early Voting and Faulty Ballots

As in all recent elections, Ohio again is a crucial state to win for either presidential candidate. And once again, Ohio is at the center of charges of systematic suppression of the African-American vote. In a report for Democracy Now!, investigative reporter Greg Palast discovers that some early voters in the Buckeye State have received the wrong ballots. Palast is the author of "Billionaires & Ballot Bandits: How to Steal an Election in 9 Easy Steps."

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2012

3/4th of the people in that district are being forced to use provisional ballots

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

Why is Ohio so crucial? More electoral votes or what?

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

Piss up a rope, R2. And don't bother to vote either. We don't need your kind.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Oh I'm glad you've figured out the problem with the Left so deftly there, genius. I trust you got both your shoes on the correct feet on your way out the door too? Gold star!

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

There's only a few swing states with that many electoral votes. If Romney gets Ohio he can win, if he doesn't it's very difficult to get enough electoral college votes unless another state unexpectedly goes for Romney.If Obama wins Ohio, it's very unlikely, though not completely impossible, that Romney could win. Romney is leading in Florida, but if Obama gets Florida and Ohio it's over. Obama does not need both though.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Black guys move around a lot (they don't say "I live" somewhere- they say "I stay"). Often they use their woman's address, so they probably don't have utilities in their name, etc. So they go to a polling place and... oops- sorry.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

Ohio is the new Trayvon Martin!

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2012

Why wouldn't they have a fixed address, R8?

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2012

R8, way to stereotype there.

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012

In CA you don't need a permanent address to register to vote. Homeless people can register to vote and list their address as the nearest intersection to where their cardboard box is located.

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!