Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republicans Are Self-Destructing

[quote]Chris Christie Denied Mitt Romney Request To Appear At Campaign Event Days Ahead Of 2012 Election

(see link)

Interesting quote: [quote]"You can't tell me he couldn't have gone over there for a night rally," a Romney campaign source told HuffPost.

It's one thing for Christie not to show up, but why is a staffer blabbing about it to the Huffington Post? Doesn't exactly make Romney look good.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

A Christie staffer denied that the Romney campaign had even asked them.

[quote]Asked if the Romney campaign extended the invitation, longtime Christie confidante Bill Palatucci answered with a simple "No."

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

[quote]Christie fired back at a story published Monday evening by the Huffington Post, which cited an unnamed Romney campaign source saying that Christie rejected a request from the Romney campaign to appear at a campaign event in Morrisville, Pa., not far from Trenton, N.J.

[quote]Christie said there was no such invitation. Moreover, he said that he spoke directly with Romney the weekend before Sandy made landfall to say that his responsibilities as governor would preclude him from making any more campaign trips. Christie had been a leading Romney surrogate.

[quote]“All this other noise, I think, are coming from know-nothing, disgruntled Romney staffers who — you know — don’t like the fact that I said nice things about the president of the United States. Well, that’s too bad for them,” Christie said.

[quote]“When you get to the end of a campaign and it’s unsure of the result, those who fear that they may be blamed if things don’t go well try to look out for other people to blame,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

OP, I wish that were the case. But I think they're just retrenching. They'll be worse than ever for the next few years.

I only hope we can take back the house in 2014 if not tonight.

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

I think it is pretty clear that Christie's priorities are the citizens of his state in still desparate trouble. And I think it is obvious as well that the Romney campaign does not get it. There are lots of things they do not get.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

[quote]There are lots of things they do not get.

Hopefully one of the things they don't get is "elected."

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.