Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If New Yorkers can vote anywhere...

how is there a safeguard from making sure they don't vote three or four times?

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

Vote as themselves three or four times? The safeguard is double-checking the names when the votes come in. Voting as someone else? The safeguard is checking identification. This isn't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

If they aren't voting in the precinct they're registered in, where their name can be checked, they vote on a "provisional" ballot. It will be counted AFTER it's been verified that it is the only ballot that person cast.

That's why it's called "provisional".

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

They can just go to another polling site. The displaced victims of Sandy are allowed to vote anywhere.

This was a last-minute decision. There are no safeguards up.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Pretty simple with CVRS being the rule in almost every state now. They just have a live connection to the database. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

I voted by affidavit, and I'm not even a Hurricane Sandy victim. The records at the polling place were messed up. I filled out the affidavit with my info - used the last 4 digits of my social rather than my driver's license # because I was too lazy to dig it out of my wallet - and cast my vote. Who knows if it will count, but I guess it doesn't matter that much in NYC. Still, it's annoying, and after the election, I will try to get it sorted out.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

Doesn't matter. This isn't a hotly contested swing state, this is a Blue state. What I worry about is the district races. The Congressional seats that are up. There's a Republican Congressman who lost his house on Long Island. Today might be the day he loses his seat, too.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

R3 [italic] NAILED [/italic] it.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

I heard that, to make sure they don't vote multiple times, they're dipping in indeleble ink the cocks of the male voters in New York

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!