Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If New Yorkers can vote anywhere...

how is there a safeguard from making sure they don't vote three or four times?

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

Vote as themselves three or four times? The safeguard is double-checking the names when the votes come in. Voting as someone else? The safeguard is checking identification. This isn't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

If they aren't voting in the precinct they're registered in, where their name can be checked, they vote on a "provisional" ballot. It will be counted AFTER it's been verified that it is the only ballot that person cast.

That's why it's called "provisional".

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

They can just go to another polling site. The displaced victims of Sandy are allowed to vote anywhere.

This was a last-minute decision. There are no safeguards up.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

Pretty simple with CVRS being the rule in almost every state now. They just have a live connection to the database. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

I voted by affidavit, and I'm not even a Hurricane Sandy victim. The records at the polling place were messed up. I filled out the affidavit with my info - used the last 4 digits of my social rather than my driver's license # because I was too lazy to dig it out of my wallet - and cast my vote. Who knows if it will count, but I guess it doesn't matter that much in NYC. Still, it's annoying, and after the election, I will try to get it sorted out.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

Doesn't matter. This isn't a hotly contested swing state, this is a Blue state. What I worry about is the district races. The Congressional seats that are up. There's a Republican Congressman who lost his house on Long Island. Today might be the day he loses his seat, too.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

R3 [italic] NAILED [/italic] it.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

I heard that, to make sure they don't vote multiple times, they're dipping in indeleble ink the cocks of the male voters in New York

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.