Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I have received NO fliers, mailing, phone calls or visits from either Obama or Romney volunteers.

I already felt invisible and a loser before this election.

Now I feel like a complete loser today. Neither side wants my vote.

So I'm going to stay home and curl up with a good book and keep the TV off.

Why am I such a loser that neither side wants my vote? That my vote doesn't matter at all?

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012

Oh shut the fuck up. It's not all about you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

Your vote matters...to the Jury Selection Commission!

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

Perhaps it's because you live in New Brunswick OP?

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

There are several Senate and House seats on the line. These people have the power to help or destroy the President’s attempts at progress It could be argued they have MORE power than the President.

There will be sweeping bills and amendments on the line. There WILL BE two or three Supreme Court Justices on the line. Whomever gets elected president will need the help from the Senate and House for approval. The president can’t and is not meant to do it all by himself. That’s not how democracy works! It never does.

Furthermore, Smaller offices; state senates, from treasurers to town Sheriff, local justices, and local propositions -ALL Matter even MORE than the President. These are the people who decide the laws and issues that affect you on a daily basis.

The one thing neo-fascist bullies would like to do most is to convince YOU that your little voice doesn’t matter! You don't count. Just STAY HOME. Do not let them bullshit you.

They are terrified that you will stand up and pay attention.

But for fuck's sake,OP, I suppose if the absence of a few junk mail flyers in your mail box make you feel less than human -- you have larger issues.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

R4 Ditto

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

OP: send me your address. I will happily send you the hundreds of (unread) fliers I have received.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

OP, I haven't got anything in the mail and I don't respond to telemarketing calls so I feel sort of left out, too. Today, I wish I had answered the phone and engaged someone. Whatever.

Tomorrow this will all be over, and you can begin a program to get more included in the mainstream of life. You will be fine. Look FORWARD with enthusiasm and make a plan.

It might surprise you to know that half the people out here also feel like losers and many of them are probably right to feel like that. But so what! Losers can enjoy life too. Fuck it!

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

I'm guessing you don't live in a swing state, OP. That's where the time and money is being spent.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2012

Seriously, you are fortunate. Clearly, the Republican party have become the most evil, life sucking liars and master manipulators. Their bald faced lies and distortions were the final nail in the coffin for us. We've voted Democratic for the last few years, hoping that a moderate Republican party would emerge. We finally had it with the Republican party. We are now proud Democrats in name and record, all the way.

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

I haven't received any, either. Unlike OP, I am grateful for it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2012

Lucky you! I get about 50 emails per day.

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2012

Polls don't call trolls.

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.