Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995, @Natesilverwrong Launched

GOP put it together, and will be launching it at noon, along with flooding Twitter with the hashtag #natesilverwrong

What joy it'll be when Rmoney is a goner. lmao

by Anonymousreply 7911/07/2012

Man, how much are they spending on crap like this?

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2012

Too funny. I love how they show that they really don't understand what Nate is doing:

[quote]Nate begins to backtrack even more: Obama as a ~90% favorite does NOT mean we're predicting a landslide. We expect a close election.

Claiming that this is a "backtrack?" The mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2012

Fucking morons.

Nate Silver SI NOT a POLL. He COLLECTS Poll data and publishes them all on his site.

As of this morinng every poll except Rasumussen and Gallup gave Obama the lead.

Are they going to say that EVERY SINGLE POLL RELEASE MONDAY was wrong as well.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2012

If they had no faith in Silver, they would never be putting out this much effort to discredit him.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

Even Real Clear Politics which is a conservative site agreed with Nat Silver.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Just don't change your cookies when you come back, R8. Let's keep it real.

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2012

R8, that is absolute bullshit. I was around in 1980 and it was known that Reagan would win and that he had momentum. It was no surprise at this point and especially after their one debate. His landslide victory was higher than expected and in part because Carter conceded way too early. So stop with the Reagan surprise bullshit. It's a freeper talking point. Someone else posted a graph of the Reagan/Carter polls and Reagan was leading by several points a week before and it was trending upward during the final week.

Shame on you for lying - if you have any shame.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2012

[quote]Oh OP - what joy it will be to come here to this site when Romney suprises you all and wins this election by a landslide.

LOL... Oh, R8, what joy it will be when really stupid trolls like you go away when Romney loses tonight.

[quote]Every hear of the Reagan revolution.

Yes, dear, we did. But Romney isn't Reagan.

[quote]Everyone thought Carter was a Shoein in 1980.

No, dear, they didn't, since Reagan had been leading in the polls since May. You're foolishly reciting an easily-debunked lie.

[quote]But reagan (God Bless him) surprised everyone.

No, dear, he didn't. The outcome was obvious to everyone, just as is today's outcome.

[quote]We'll see what happens today.

Yes, dear, we will. I do hope you've got some anti-depressants hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2012

Hey r8.

Why do Repubicans hate democracy?

Why does your side have to cheat to win?

Why do you hate America?

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2012

R8 is stinking up several threads this morning.

Please R10, you know freepers have no shame.

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2012

r8: From the same company that brought you,[italic] "There's NO such thing as Global Warming!" [/italic]and[italic] "Womens' bodies have a way of shutting that thing down!" [/italic]and[italic] "We not going to run this campaign with factcheckers!"[/italic]...

by Anonymousreply 1511/06/2012

Oh you're the "don't insult me I deserve better troll."

You're funny. A special kind of troll.

Completely barren.

by Anonymousreply 1611/06/2012

[quote] It's been a real shame to come to this site that I LOVE and be insulted by the likes of "Paul" and others just for what I believe.

In other words: You can't take the healthy ass-whipping from Paul.

by Anonymousreply 1711/06/2012

Just imagine that Silver is wrong (he isn't). The fact that these mouthbreathers don't believe in education or the educated will only be reinforced. And people wonder why America is being flushed down the pan.

by Anonymousreply 1911/06/2012

This troll is yanking.

Quite sure he doesn't even believe himself.

by Anonymousreply 2011/06/2012

I know someone who voted for Reagan and they died.

by Anonymousreply 2111/06/2012

Nate Silver's polls analysis also correctly forecast the ass-kicking the Dems received in the US Congressional races in 2010.

I miss Peg. She was a Freeper who was dead wrong on everything, however, it was put across by her with wit, swagger, and an appealing "I'll take on all you bitches!" attitude.

In other words, unlike today's dead-brain Freeper posts that die a quick death, her posts generated lots of fun reactions.

by Anonymousreply 2211/06/2012

You have to earn respect, and as a conservative that's never going to happen.

Learn to deal with disappointment, dear. You're on the wrong side of history.

by Anonymousreply 2311/06/2012

[quote]I'm a proud Republican and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Actually, yes, you do. You're supporting the party of bigotry, whose idiotic policies nearly brought down the financial system.

[quote]It's been a real shame to come to this site that I LOVE and be insulted by the likes of "Paul" and others just for what I believe.

Actually, you're being "insulted" for posting like a moron, the most recent example being your R8 post, which was stupidly false in more ways than one. If you don't want to be "insulted," then stop posting moronic partisan drivel.

[quote]I don't insult others for their beliefs so don't insult me for myne.

We're "insulting" you because you're a moron or a troll, dear, not because of your "beliefs," which we don't even know since you've never managed to articulate them. Hell, you deserve all of the punishment you get just for your idiotic support for George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2411/06/2012

[quote]Stop it with the "dear" stuff [R11].

Sorry, dear, but you don't get to decide what others post. Sucks to be you, doesn't it, dear?

[quote]It's condescending and insulting.

It's intended to be, dear. I'm mocking you for your stupidity. I'm displaying open contempt for your moronic partisan drivel and for your trolling here. I'm laughing at you, dear. Hasn't that sunk in yet? Do I need to use smaller words?

[quote]Have some respect.

Respect has to be earned, dear. Alas, you haven't earned any. Quite the reverse, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 2611/06/2012

Nate uses MATH!

Algebra is math... Arabs/Islamic ... TERRORISTS!

by Anonymousreply 2711/06/2012

[quote]I'm on the absolute right side of history.

No, dear, you're not, and mindlessly repeating it doesn't make it any more true than when you first spewed that bit of drivel.

[quote]This country is not liberal at all. It is a Center Right country. That is a fact.

ROFL... No, dear, that's not a "fact." I doubt you'd know a fact if it reared up and bit you in the ass. On position after position, whether it comes to social issues, economic issues, or foreign policy issues, the majority of the country takes the liberal view. Deal with it, dear; you're a dinosaur. And, like the dinosaurs, you will be extinct and you will not be mourned.

by Anonymousreply 2811/06/2012

Paul you know that's not a real person, right?

by Anonymousreply 2911/06/2012

Why do you love a site that doesn't love you?

by Anonymousreply 3011/06/2012

Oh, of course, R29. It's a troll having fun. That's why I don't take them seriously. I'm just having a little fun of my own.

by Anonymousreply 3111/06/2012

Boy does Paul have a lot of time on his hands. You always fall for the most obvious trolls and your responses are so rote and formulaic as to come from a computer. Stop responding to trolls and they will go away.

by Anonymousreply 3211/06/2012

[quote] You're on the wrong side of history.

Conservatives don't believe in 'wrong side of history' arguments. The idea of history's inevitable forward progression is seen as Marxist leftism.

Ex: "A conservative is someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop, at a time when no one is inclined to do so, or to have much patience with those who so urge it." - The National Review mission statement, Nov 1955

by Anonymousreply 3311/06/2012

But your responses aren't fun and aren't witty in the least, r31/Paul. Just stop responding and they will stop polluting our board. You're almost as annoying as they are.

by Anonymousreply 3411/06/2012

[quote]This country is not liberal at all. It is a Center Right country. That is a fact.

You are not factoring in several things. It WAS a Center Right country and is still relatively center BUT, there are changing demographics to consider. Old, bitter, rich, white men are a minority. In their mindset, they are still in power, still the majority. What is becoming the majority is everything that the Right demonizes (women, gays, Latinos, etc.) and while many of us might be Centerish, we aren't going to vote for the party that demonizes us, just so that those who make 250+k a year can get a tax cut.

by Anonymousreply 3511/06/2012

[quote] On position after position, whether it comes to social issues, economic issues, or foreign policy issues, the majority of the country takes the liberal view.

I agree with this, but I also think we have to admit that current American liberalism is center-right when compared to other Western nations. American conservatism is far-right. Our politics need a major recalibration.

by Anonymousreply 3611/06/2012

Paul, I adore you and I just think you're wasting your keystrokes.

Whatever happened to Pro-Romney Chap? The guy who posted pro-Romney polls and would phrase opposition as a question; "Am I wrong here?" or "I'm not seeing that, can you direct me?,"

He was a hoot. But at least he had a little more substance.

I guess you scared him away for good.

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2012

But unfortunately many of us will, r35.

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2012

I enjoy Paul's slapdown of the Freeper Troll b.s.

Republicans are fabulists who live in a world of revisionist history. They are used to other uneducated Republicans not challenging them on their ridiculous lies.

That's not going to fly here.

by Anonymousreply 3911/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 4011/06/2012

Of course he's not a witch... he's a wizard, like Gandalf!

by Anonymousreply 4111/06/2012

[quote]Everyone thought Carter was a Shoein in 1980.

That was the first election I voted in. Nobody was picking Carter to win at that point, douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4211/06/2012

Actually, presuming an Obama popular vote win tonight, only once since 1988 will a Republican have won the popular vote in a presidential election. That's not so center right.

by Anonymousreply 4311/06/2012

But r39, he chooses to go after the lowest of low hanging fruit and his responses aren't witty or interesting - they're predictable and boring. Agreed, the freepers are out of hand here but I think if you ignore them they will leave. People like Paul just add fuel to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 4411/06/2012

How in the holy hell can Mitt Romney win the majority of anything in 2012? I'm so embarrassed for this country if he wins either the electoral or popular.

by Anonymousreply 4511/06/2012

I like Paul.

by Anonymousreply 4611/06/2012

I like Paul too, but the "Dear Heart" shit works my nerves. It just cheapens his excellent argumentative skills.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2012

[quote]he chooses to go after the lowest of low hanging fruit and his responses aren't witty or interesting

That's a fair criticism, although I'm not trying to be witty. And there is something of a method to my madness, and that is that I try to counter the obvious bullshit, like the lie that everyone was surprised when Reagan won. Anyway, I'll tone it down today, since otherwise I'd be doing nothing but responding to trolls all day.

At least this particular troll is more entertaining than most.

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2012

In defense of Paul, that 1980 election bullshit is annoying and going around. You have Joe "Dead Intern" Scarborough talking about it too. I was 19 and I remember that election and we knew it was over by election day.

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2012

I knew Reagan had it in the bag when I had to watch the last debate for seventh-grade civics.

by Anonymousreply 5011/06/2012

so let's start #natesilverwasright #natesilverwasrightbitches

by Anonymousreply 5111/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5211/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5411/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5511/06/2012

R50 I was in sixth grade and I knew Carter was toast. That freeper troll has been posting the false Carter narrative all over DL today.

by Anonymousreply 5611/06/2012

[quote]It's been a real shame to come to this site that I LOVE and be insulted by the likes of "Paul" and others just for what I believe.

R14, you wouldn't be insulted by the likes of "Paul" and others if you actually believed anything that was *factual*.

You have a great deal to be ashamed of, voting Republican... especially voting for a man like Romney, who is a pathological liar, a craven flip-flopper, an arrogant out-of-touch elitist, a bully, and a con-man. All of those claims are verifiable facts, unlike all the claims made about Obama by the likes of you.

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2012

[quote]I'm on the absolute right side of history. This country is not liberal at all. It is a Center Right country. That is a fact.

Wrong again, on all counts.

Conservatives have almost NEVER been on the "right side of history" (from the American Revolution, where the conservatives were "torries" who were loyal to the crown... to the civil war, where conservatives wanted to preserve slavery... to the civil rights fights of the 50s and 60s, to the women's rights fights of the 70s and 80s, to the gay rights fights of the 90s to now).

And if individuals are asked to label themselves, yeah, they might average out to "center-right".

If you asked about unlabeled policies, and then averaged out the results, the policies would clearly indicate a center-LEFT country.

Survey after survey reinforces this fact.

by Anonymousreply 5811/06/2012

i don't know how they can stand to look at themselves in a mirror...

by Anonymousreply 5911/06/2012

So you failed history, too, R8?

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 6111/07/2012

This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

by Anonymousreply 6211/07/2012

[quote]Oh OP - what joy it will be to come here to this site when Romney suprises you all and wins this election by a landslide.

So, R8, about that "landslide" and that "joy" you're feeling this morning....

by Anonymousreply 6311/07/2012

Actually, Nate was way off by Romney (so far). I guess he could pick up a few more votes when all is said and done. Nate gave Obama 305. That's pretty damn close.

by Anonymousreply 6411/07/2012

Nate turned Florida blue at literally the last moment, so he got it 100% right, assuming Florida is called for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 6511/07/2012

Exactly r65. We're still waiting on Florida.

by Anonymousreply 6611/07/2012

Nate is amazing. It looks like he will get 50 out of 50 states right.

He correctly saw the shift to Obama in Florida in the final days and also predicted Virginia and Colorado for Obama even though others did not.

by Anonymousreply 6711/07/2012

I think Nate would be the first to say he's not amazing. It's MATH.

Deny it at your peril.

by Anonymousreply 6811/07/2012

The last I saw last night, the only FL county with unreported votes was Miami-Dade. Put this one in the Obama column.

by Anonymousreply 6911/07/2012

My freeper brother tried to pull the "Reagan Revolution/Carter Shoe-in" story on me the other day. I said, "Really? I was about 9 years-old and I was fully aware for some time that Carter wasn't going to be re-elected, had something to do with growing number of days that Americans were being held hostage in Iran...If anything, what surprised people about Reagan's win was that Americans actually elected an actor as their president. It wasn't quite clear whether they would give him that kind of credibility."

by Anonymousreply 7011/07/2012

R68, it's more than that. It's being able to successfully model the electorate. Anyone can do math.

by Anonymousreply 7111/07/2012

You'd think would've at least had enough of a sense of humor to concede rather than just go offline. Losers.

by Anonymousreply 7211/07/2012

Did anyone watch Morning Joe this morning? Did he eat crow?

by Anonymousreply 7311/07/2012

Where did Republitroll r8 go?

by Anonymousreply 7411/07/2012

The silence of all my detractors is GOLDEN, because SILVER is the hot new commodity.

by Anonymousreply 7511/07/2012

I think the only thing Silver missed last night was Heidi Heitkamp potentially winning her senate race. Did he have a prediction on that race? I think he called all the other senate races correctly.

by Anonymousreply 7611/07/2012

Scarborough ignored the topic as far as I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 7711/07/2012

R8, where's your god now?

by Anonymousreply 7811/07/2012

website is down today.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 7911/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!