Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

:( What if Romney gets elected? It could happen.

by Anonymousreply 7211/07/2012

Let's just hope we're not seeing this Romney tomorrow night.

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2012

We want this guy

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2012

WTF is with you people?! Obama leads in the polls. There is no way in hell Romney wins this. Enough of the drama already.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2012

You have a Fox news anchor as Governor in Ohio and he appoints the person who oversees the election. If they rig Ohio it could swing the whole election.

by Anonymousreply 511/05/2012

Don't you all get tired of yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 711/05/2012

No point in freaking out now. If you've voted and done all you can to convince others, then just wait and see and hope.

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2012

Then you haven't been paying attention, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2012

In 1948, R9, when most Americans didn't own telephones.

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2012

I've been paying tons of attention R11, TOO much attention actually, and I know Obama looks good for the win, but I still don't want to assume that he has it in the bag because you never know what might happen and the right wingers are VERY corrupt and dirty.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2012

I'm standing naked on the street corner intermittently screaming, in between checking to see what others are saying on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2012

R15 = Ann Romney

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2012

Watch Hardball. Chuck Todd said Obama will get around 303 electoral votes including Virginia and could win NC and FLA.

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2012

Our historic early vote turnout has put President Obama in a strong position to win tomorrow and continue to move the country forward for another four years.

How do we know? First, according to the latest polls, we are winning among early voters in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Nearly all of these leads are in double digits. This matches the enthusiasm we’re seeing at polling places and out in the field.

Second, newly registered voters, infrequent voters, and those who voted for the first time in 2008—let’s call them “sporadic voters”—have taken advantage of the convenience of early vote, and the overwhelming majority of them are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 1811/05/2012

Gayle snapped the photo at R19 as Michele threw Oprah out of the White House and onto the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2012

That's rude, r20.

by Anonymousreply 2211/05/2012

I'm terrified.

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2012

I'm so nervous I think I'm getting an ulcer.

by Anonymousreply 2511/05/2012

It's fucking "MARY", r25.

Geez - are you so strung out you can't even clutch your pearls correctly? Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2012

I'm very worried for Rafalca!

by Anonymousreply 2711/05/2012

The Rafalca references are about as funny as the Helen Lawson references. That is-not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2012

Will they build a stable at the white house for ralfalca?

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2012

I actually think the Ralfalca comments are hilarious (not sure what that says about me...nothing good, I'm sure). Just the idea of a horse like Ralfalca posting on the DL makes me chortle.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2012

If you're a good little turd, R26, I'll have Santa bring you a FUCKING SENSE OF HUMOR for Christmas.

Bitch. I was just trying to lighten the mood around here.

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2012

The South was on the wrong side of history regarding slavery. They were on the wrong side of civil rights. They are now on the wrong side of history in this election.

It’s who they are. It’s what they are. Being on “the wrong side of history” IS in their regional DNA.

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2012

Me too, R30. I just think R28's lice are acting up tonight.

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2012

It won't so bad, we survived Bush, we can survive Romney.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2012

R32 I know a lot of people would be more than happy to let them secede this time.

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2012

Obama stands a good chance of winning three states in Confederacy tomorrow. I'd say that's progress.

by Anonymousreply 3611/05/2012

Kiss today goodbye! and Point me toward tomorrow. . . . .

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2012

I used to be afraid, I was petrified, that I knew you would be. . . .

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2012

R39 just smoked some really amazing crack. I wonder if he'll be munching some dingleberries out of sympathy for Mitt's loss tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 4111/06/2012

R28, Ann, stop posting in this thread and FEED ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 4211/06/2012

Flyover red-stater here. It's midnight and I am going to bed now. I'm getting up tomorrow to cast my vote for Obama and I have no doubt that he's going to win.

by Anonymousreply 4411/06/2012

OMG....First votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire!!

by Anonymousreply 4511/06/2012

Thanks, r44!

by Anonymousreply 4611/06/2012

The rhetoric these past couple of days reminds me of Republican denial going into the 2006 midterms. Every GOP stooge imaginable stormed the airwaves to talk up their inevitable victory, knowing they were all full of shit. And then they had their asses handed to them. It's all a game to these liars.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2012

Yes, R45. And Obama trounced Romney.

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2012

[quote]Sure BO has both coasts. But the rest? No dice.

Thank goodness Florida, North Carolina and Virginia are all located on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2012

"But the rest? No dice"

Dice are rolling, the knives are out. Would-be President's are all around...

by Anonymousreply 5011/06/2012

Ohio here - very nervous about the election. I got to meet Joe Biden on Sunday. All the candidates have been here so much that they are almost neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 5111/06/2012

Sorry, R45-I was wrong-2 locations in NH have voted and Obama beat Romney 2 to 1.

by Anonymousreply 5211/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5311/06/2012

[quote]Nate Silver - Nov 5 Update

Chance of Winning:

Obama = 92.0%

Romney = 8.0%

Electoral Vote:

Obama = 315.2

Romney = 222.8

Popular Vote:

Obama = 50.9%

Romney = 48.2%

by Anonymousreply 5411/06/2012

Hold me, David. I'm scared!

by Anonymousreply 5511/06/2012

how did you know my real name?

by Anonymousreply 5611/06/2012

[quote]Romney will win because of the problems created by hurricane Sandy. A lot of democrats in the tri-state area won't vote tomorrow.

You're a ninny.

by Anonymousreply 5911/06/2012

Well, it's rare that someone has a 100% chance of winning. 92% is about as high as you can get most of the time.

Of course there's a possibility that Romney can win, but the question is, whose position would you most want to be in tonight?

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2012

[quote]Romney will win because of the problems created by hurricane Sandy. A lot of democrats in the tri-state area won't vote tomorrow.

This might effect the Popular Vote, but how would it effect the Electoral College? NY & NJ are already solidly in the Dem column.

by Anonymousreply 6111/06/2012

R58 - PUNDENT? Are you Sarah Palin, for Chrissake? It's PUNDANT!

by Anonymousreply 6211/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 6311/06/2012

Will Rafalca move to the White House?

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2012

A Visionless Party With More Money Than Brains

How Obama Made an Easy Race Too Close

One day before Election Day 2012 and the incredible has come true. Obama is neck and neck with Romney when, even with his disappointing record, Obama should be landsliding Romney and his Party of Big Business.

For all his billions plus campaign dollars, President Obama has missed out on repeatedly emphasizing the most obvious flaws of the Romney/Ryan campaign for a complete takedown.

If a year ago, people with a casual interest in politics were told that Obama’s opponent was a man who has secret bank accounts abroad, withholds his tax returns, maneuvers his various incomes in tax escape islands abroad, runs a takeover business that destroys or exports jobs, declares contempt for 47 percent of Americans receiving public benefits, adopts the Ryan Budget that shreds America’s public services, corporatizes Medicare, bloats the military budget, and further entrenches the domination of the one percent over American workers at a time of overall declining livelihoods and growing poverty, wouldn’t they conclude that the President was a shoo-in for re-election?

The Democrats failed to follow a cardinal rule of politics. Never let the public forget your opponent’s most serious liabilities. Sure, Obama’s televised ads battered Romney during the summer. Sure, when Romney picked Paul Ryan as his running mate, the Democrats portrayed the Ryan budget as cruel, dishonest and economically destructive (e.g. in the name of spending austerity, the Ryan budget still contains deficits past the 2040s, by his own admission).

But in the final eight weeks of the campaign you repeat these grim and dim positions over and over again. If you don’t, Romney’s ads and the dittoheads running Obama’s campaign involuntarily converge to produce voter amnesia.

Have you seen the Democrats hammering in the secret tax returns and bank accounts lately? Have you seen the grisly details grinding down people’s economic, health and safety well-being and sense of security contained in the unchained Ryan budget? They have virtually disappeared from the horse-race obsessed mainstream media – print and electronic – and pointedly from Obama and unions advertisements. Until the final hour, repetition of your political opponent’s worst failings before the undecided voters, that a winner-take-all election makes so pivotal, is the recipe for victory. It also changes some decided minds and induces some Romney-leaning voters to stay home. Better yet, it throws the Republicans on the defensive all the way down to local elections.

But then what can you expect from a visionless political party that has more money than strategic brains. Obama’s advisers tell him to run by himself and not with his Democratic members of Congress, who he needs to retake the House and keep the Senate in order to and get anything done in his second term. Worse, as Matt Bai wrote Sunday in The New York Times, Obama has had no narrative for America’s future.

The Democratic National Committee went along with letting their chief nemesis in Congress- Speaker John Boehner – run unopposed by a Democratic candidate in his Ohio District. Unopposed! A free ride! Newt Gingrich never did that when, as a junior Congressman from Georgia, he led the movement to dump Democratic House Speaker Jim Wright and shortly thereafter defeat the sitting Speaker Tom Foley in Foley’s own Washington state Congressional district.

But then who ever thought the Democrats had the energy, persistence and brashness to take on their opposing political giants and topple them?

Kevin Phillips was so right when he said years ago that the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is that the former go for the jugular while the latter go for the capillaries.

by Anonymousreply 6511/06/2012

I live in what could be called the bastion of the Democratic party, Providence, RI.

The polls were busy this morning. About ten people in line ahead of me and all the booths full. Took about ten minutes.

Then of course because there were three separate ballots (Elected Officials, State Questions, and City Questions) there was some confusion.

But all in all pretty smooth and good voter turnout. I note no politicians in attendance today. That was odd.

by Anonymousreply 6611/06/2012

r65 why didn't you post your source?

by Anonymousreply 6711/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 6811/06/2012

Thank you, Ralph Nader, the man who killed the 2000 election.

by Anonymousreply 6911/06/2012

R67 -- it was sent to me by e-mail

by Anonymousreply 7011/06/2012

[quote]My financial manager, who is a brilliant guy with clients all over the country, thinks Romney's going to win. As he has been correct in so many financial matters and has such an excellent grasp on the political scene and the economy, I'm officially worried. I wasn't until our conversation today.

What do you think now about his grasp on the political scene?

by Anonymousreply 7111/07/2012

Ralph Nadir [sic] -

the man partly responsible for the carnage of the Bush years.

And here he is again - doing what he does best, slamming the Democratic Party, in the guise of altruistic "Third-Partyism"...

An evil little shit with no self-awareness and an ego the size of the fucking PLANET JUPITER!!!

by Anonymousreply 7211/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!