Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think Mitt will completely freak out when he loses tomorrow night?

Yes, I know there are numerous "do you think Mitt will..." threads, but humor me!

There was a story in the NYT this morning about how increasingly confidence Mitt is and talks about "when I am president.." This could be total bluster, but I read that his campaign has it's own internal polling (I doubt they read Nate Silver) so it could be that he's genuinely convinced himself he's going to win. I guy that can lie the way he does has to be at least partially delusional. Do you think he'll freak out/melt down when reality comes crashing on on Wednesday morning?

by Anonymousreply 6811/06/2012

Holy shit.

He will have his lawyers at the podium with him .

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2012

He will, until Ann pulls off his Mormon undies and milks his tired, shriveled little pee-pee.

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2012

I'm still scared he will win through voting fraud.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2012

Do you really think he'll accept a defeat? He'll tie up the courts for weeks and weeks as Bush did in 2000 just to prove the repugs' ludicrous point.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2012

He'll run crying to the Supreme Court to fix it for him, too.

by Anonymousreply 511/05/2012

No -- he won't. Ann Romney DOESN'T WANT HIM TO WIN. She didn't want him to run. She will be so relieved when he loses and will press him to just accept reality.

by Anonymousreply 611/05/2012

I thought Ann gave an interview in which she said she was the one who'd pressured him to run (with the implication that it was her 'gift to the nation,' or some such bullshit).

by Anonymousreply 711/05/2012

Nope. Exactly the opposite. She didn't want him to run, but eventually caved...

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2012

Re: meltdown - one can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 911/05/2012

The campaign that gets the vote out will win tomorrow. The repugs are energized so this is not a done deal. Willard will live out his life regretting the lies he could have told, the promises he could have made, how he might have made himself better understood by the voters.

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2012

His concession speech is already written, I'm sure. He will just give it and then fade away until the next cycle, IF he decides to try again.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2012

Thank God I've got some Xanax to get through this.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2012

Xanax would be a tremendous aid. Do you live in the East Village?

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2012

[R11] -- Ann said NO! to any more campaigns; I don't think she could handle a 2016 re-election one actually.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2012

He has made a living out of crashing large institutions.

Isn't crashing part of his strategy?

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2012

Freak out? Le sneak, c'est shriek.

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2012

He's an entitled rich white guy not used to being told NO. What in the world make you think he'll take it well?

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2012

But seriously, I've felt like it was always his secret plan to lose anyway. HE doesn't want the job, he just wanted the campaign donations.

Ala Newt Gingrich, etc. They racked up all these donations, will do whatever they can to not pay taxes and just walk off into the sunset after this is all over.

Let Obama deal with the Sandy mess and everything else.

Mitt will take his money and leave.

by Anonymousreply 1811/05/2012

The guy has never had to work for anything. Everything has been given to or purchased by him. This was a big job interview and he failed to land the job.

No way he's going to run off into the sunset without being a sore loser. There is nothing to lose since he'll no longer going to be in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2012

hes going to cry like a little girl

by Anonymousreply 2111/05/2012

I hope Queen Ann has a breakdown on stage just like Rick Santorum's kid in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 2211/05/2012

Especially of he is taken away in handcuffs for election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 2311/05/2012

He'll write a nice concession speech but will say something off the cuff that will kill him.

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2012

Since I believe he exhibits many traits of narcissistic personality disorder - yes, he very well might freak out in a "narcissistic rage".

by Anonymousreply 2511/05/2012

He'll be reasonably gracious tomorrow.

I think the reaction will come later, it'll come after all the Republicans who hate his fucking guts feel free to say what they really think about him. You don't think Gingrich, Santorum, Huntsman, and all the rest won't have some choice words? Christie won't be able to resist cocking off, that's guaranteed.

Romney will lash out at them, not Obama. It'll be a circular firing squad of rare proportions.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2012

"Alternatively, according to Kohut, rages can be seen as a result of the shame at being faced with failure. Narcissistic rage is the uncontrollable and unexpected anger that results from a narcissistic injury - a threat to a narcissist's self-esteem or worth. Rage comes in many forms, but all pertain to the same important thing, revenge. Narcissistic rages are based on fear and will endure even after the threat is gone.

To the narcissist, the rage is directed towards the person that they feel has slighted them; to other people, the rage is incoherent and unjust. This rage impairs their cognition, therefore impairing their judgment. During the rage they are prone to shouting, fact distortion and making groundless accusations."

by Anonymousreply 2711/05/2012

[quote]hes going to cry like a little girl

From your lips to Moroni's ears...

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2012

He won't freak out but the people who funded his campaign/nomination will.

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2012

I think he's going to pitch a massive tantrum, but they'll have him calm and composed by the time he appears in front of the cameras, even if they have to tranq-dart him.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2012

What R26 said. It will start a vicious round of finger pointing among the Repugs and the extreme right will be particularly vocal in that mess.

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2012

After his defeat, the nuts in the Republican Party will redouble their energies toward de-legitimizing President Obama and trying to derail any thing he puts forth. In other words, business as usual.

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2012

R26 is on the right track.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2012

The "yes men" narrative is rooted in reality.

I bet there are a lot of folks around him who are cheering him on who privately think that he's toast.

But the election can be stolen and he would have no moral objection to winning on that basis.

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2012

No, he won't freak out. He will be relieved.

He clearly doesn't want the job.

by Anonymousreply 3611/05/2012

Hehe...ah, yeah!

by Anonymousreply 3711/05/2012

R26 - I think you are right.

There's going to be a super shit storm in the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 3811/05/2012

I would guess he'll be gracious, but won't hide his disappointment--not disappointment about losing so much as his disappointment in all of the little people who didn't see the light.

Freak outs from the creepy sons are a sure thing, in days to come.

by Anonymousreply 3911/05/2012

This may be an "Emperor's New Clothes" scenario. His yes-men may be assuring him that he's hot, terrific and about to take the Oval office.

by Anonymousreply 4011/05/2012

He spent so much money for this contest. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just bribe 50 of Obama's electors to vote for him in the EC instead, for maybe one or two million dollars apiece? Don't tell me he would be too scrupulous to do something like that.

by Anonymousreply 4111/05/2012

All his confidence leads me to believe that they're already planning on stealing the election as someone else mentioned upthread. Why else would he be so confident? CNN has been saying that right wingers are much more enthusiastic about the election than Democrats are right now. I don't want any surprises or disappointments, so I'm trying not to get to happy about the good polling for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4211/05/2012

The interesting question is where the Mormons fit in his future.

I would think that he's a hero for almost certainly doing more to position the Church as a mainstream religion than anyone in its history.

My guess is that his next chapter is as a religious leader, and frankly, that's probably where he's most comfortable anyway. I'll give him credit, he does seem to be a true believer.

I can easily see him in New Jersey next week with a busload of LDS helping people clean up from Sandy. He could become the Mormon version of Jimmy Carter building Habitat for Humanity houses.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy, and I don't agree with anything he stands for, but I do think he's genuine when it comes to his crazy-ass religion (and it's probably no crazier than any other religion).

by Anonymousreply 4311/05/2012

Ohhhhh..... He's freaking out NOW!

by Anonymousreply 4411/05/2012

Just yesterday Gov Sandwiches said he does support Romney but no one can tell him not to thank the President for a job well done.

by Anonymousreply 4511/05/2012

I'm such a sucker for being charmed by Christie's revenge on Romney/quest for the heart of the Boss but I can't help myself, I'm enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 4611/05/2012

I bet Christie votes for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4711/05/2012

Remember how gracious Al Gore was in his concession speech?

Even McCain was pretty gracious in his defeat.

Can you even imagine Romney not being a complete douche-bag?

by Anonymousreply 4811/05/2012

I'm not convinced Romney knows how to admit he was wrong, let alone admit losing at anything.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. I cannot wait for the post-election gossip pieces from campaign staff and the inevitable book.

by Anonymousreply 4911/05/2012

Es kann mir fehlen nimmermehr gehen.

by Anonymousreply 5011/05/2012

They'll just replace the batteries.

by Anonymousreply 5111/05/2012

I don't believe in polls, Romney will lose tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 5211/05/2012

Romney leaving the Mass State House:

by Anonymousreply 5311/05/2012

I don't think he will.

But I would so love it if he does.

by Anonymousreply 5411/05/2012

Yes, Mitt will totally lose his mind over this loss publicly, and poor Seamus will finally rest in peace.

I'm going to miss Rafalca. Please, Miss Ann, give her to Sasha and Malia.

by Anonymousreply 5511/05/2012

Ralfalca has been a nice addition to datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 5611/05/2012

He will feel pity for the dumb people of a America for not seeing how wonderful he is.

by Anonymousreply 5711/05/2012

[quote]He could become the Mormon version of Jimmy Carter building Habitat for Humanity houses.

Dear Pollyanna @ r43, Morons generally do not help others who either aren't other Morons, or aren't fully convertible.

Romney himself has never gotten his hands dirty helping the unwashed masses who lack venture capital.

by Anonymousreply 5811/05/2012

He never called ME!

by Anonymousreply 5911/05/2012

As r53's post shows, Romney is not about vindictiveness -- even after a massive 23% loss.

Like most greedy, elitist Morons, Mittens is all about public perception of 'facts' rather than the truth of those facts. and will remain "Mormon Nice". They are well-programed to be the most polite, cleanest snake oil salesmen you ever met.

He'll go back to his pampered, sheltered existence, smiling as usual, knowing that he'll never have to shake hands with another dirty non-white person's hand again.

by Anonymousreply 6011/05/2012

Can't we keep Rafalca as a mascot? I think she likes it here.

by Anonymousreply 6111/05/2012

Hurry gays! Get me out of here, I saw them strapping a huge cage on the roof of the car! Hurry!

by Anonymousreply 6211/05/2012

The first poll results show a tie in Dixville, I'm going to set it the FUCK off if that's an indicator for the entire nation.....not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2012

Willard will definitely say the N word and try to suck the acid out of Ann's nipples for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 6511/06/2012

Tonight is the night

by Anonymousreply 6611/06/2012

HEEHEEHEEEE! Mitt is toast!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6711/06/2012

Mitt is in hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 6811/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!