Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chris Christie: Voters Can Cast Ballots Via Email or Fax

WTF? Just on the news.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012

Yes. Many polling places are not able to open due to Superstorm Sandy.

Would you rather the voters be disenfranchised and unable to vote at all?

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2012

This is correct.

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2012

TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey will allow residents displaced by Superstorm Sandy to vote by email or fax.

Officials announced Saturday that registered voters can vote electronically. A resident must submit a mail-in ballot application by fax or email to the local county clerk.

When the request is received, a ballot will be emailed or faxed back. Ballots must be returned no later than 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno says the effort will help alleviate pressure on polling places Tuesday. New Jersey is using military trucks in place of damaged polling places.

Officials say electronic voting is also an option for emergency workers. The option is already open to New Jersey voters overseas and in the military.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2012

Email/Fax? You can get shit by doing that in America, and they're going to let people vote that way? Insanely easy fraud. I can't get over this. Watch a virus sent through. Anonymous will hack it in three seconds.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2012

I put my ballot in a bottle, sealed it tightly and tossed it in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2012

It's unusual but given the circumstances, it's fine. New Jersey is going to go to the President, regardless of what they do with their voting. It's not a big deal and "Anonymous" has better things to do than hack into one battered state's emergency voting procedure.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2012

And there is a validation process you have to complete before they email you a ballot. Should be that way for more people in the future.

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.