Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Extreme Cougar Wives: Older Ladies Court Much Younger Guys

Age is only a number for the three couples featured in TLC's new Extreme Cougar Wives special.

The one-hour program, airing Nov. 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET, follows three older women – Hattie, Stephanie and Jude – and their romances with significantly younger men.

Hattie, 76, is introduced by calling her lifestyle "extreme." Seen with her arms around a guy who is clearly very much her junior, she explains, "There are a lot of people who use the word 'cougar' to describe an older woman who sleeps with younger men."

When her date says to her, "You don't mind being naked – you enjoy it," she tells him, "Skin. I love skin."

Then there's Stephanie, 65, who is head-over-heels for 28-year-old Octavio.

"I'm 37 years older than he is," she says of her beau, whose friends do not approve of their relationship. "You can't control who you fall in love with."

The third woman, Jude, 53, met her 21-year-old boyfriend Kevin when he dated her daughter seven years ago.

"It's amazing what falling in love will do for your self-image," Jude says.

After a scene that shows the pair appearing to exchange vows, Kevin says, "How the hell am I going to tell my parents?"

When he finally does drop the bombshell, his mom angrily says, "So she's older than your mother?"

Video at link.

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013

When gay men do this, it's fine. but when straight women do it, it's awful.

Typical Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 111/04/2012

What's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 211/04/2012

What twentysomething man would want a sixtysomething woman?

by Anonymousreply 311/04/2012

R3, It really depends on the sixty something woman. Come to Vegas and see the kids hit on the senior dancers all of the time. Many are in far, far better shape than the average 20-year-old female, and a whole lot less selfish and sexual.

by Anonymousreply 411/04/2012

[quote]When gay men do this, it's fine. but when straight women do it, it's awful.

PC idiots like R1 has very selective memories. DL makes more fun of silly elder gays than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 511/04/2012

"What twentysomething man would want a sixtysomething woman?"

What twentysomething man wants a sixtysomething man?

What twentysomething woman wants a sixtysomthing man?

by Anonymousreply 711/04/2012

Ok, so I've been wanting to post about this show for at least a month (but DL is on PT like ALL THE TIME)

Does anyone think that this show is staged? I caught the show for the first (and only) time and that one civil war couple freaked me out. I don't think anyone can truly be that bizarre in real life. It was a woman in her 60's (I'm guessing or late 50's) with a guy in his twenties. They liked to reenact the civil war for fun. And play dress up.

It just seemed to weird to be real.

by Anonymousreply 809/07/2013

R8, I actually found the Civil War couple to be authentic. I think this show is a mixture of staged couples and real couples.I have watched two episodes on TLC's website and found that the older cougars who really played up their sexuality were the ones that were staged.

I have yet to see the episode with the young jew and the old rocker chick-looks like a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

[quote]I have watched two episodes on TLC's website and found that the older cougars who really played up their sexuality were the ones that were staged.

I had trouble buying the relationship between 90-year-old Jeraldine (who wrote the book that [italic]The Love Boat[/italic] was based on) and her mid-40s Latin boytoy.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

That woman was a greedy old bitch, R11. She turned down the guy's proposal, probably because she didn't want him to get her money when she died soon.

I say he earned every penny of it. Especially since they were together for, what? Twelve years?

by Anonymousreply 1209/09/2013

I am a 43 year old gal casually dating a 27 year old guy...

by Anonymousreply 1309/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.